Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 25

Old 11-21-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Yikes, Louis! With Bee and her stompin' and Nel with her soap, I'd start running if I were you....LOL!

About my post...an example of "be careful what you ask for, you might just get it"!!! You asked...so......

I think I missed you, but good luck, Nel! Picture them naked..that should calm your nerves...

....I'm now running with you Louis.....
Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lis thank you for opening your heart and sharing with us. Congratulations on your sober time. Like Nel said, you are an asset here, thank you for being here on my journey in recovery.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
HOS:

No worries... i am pleased you wrote that... i dont think we can all get together but i think i will post something in a bit...
If Believe cant get to the meeting... then we can take the meeting to her...

I know this isnt an AA thread so i hope others dont mind... its just sharing...

Thanks HOS again... i love the way you write and again it was powerful..

P.s: I dont know which direction to run in where i am gonna be safe... lol... running with me might not be yur best move...
Old 11-21-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

HOS, great share and very inspiring to me, personally.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Louis, I open this thread and only see F*ck HOS, I'm thinking what the hell happened since I last was here, but after reading the previous page I do understand where that came from.

You are really pass the foot stomping with naked babes, cursing, its a good thing I'm not feeling well. NO MAJOR CHANGES OR RELATIONSHIPS IN THE FIRST YEAR, its one of those suggestions that we take.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ok:

Does that mean in 3 months your all dumping me?

I will try and keep my language, lewd remarks and sexual perversions to myself... i promise... at least for 3 and a half months
Old 11-21-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I just LOVE you, Louis!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
NO MAJOR CHANGES OR RELATIONSHIPS IN THE FIRST YEAR, its one of those suggestions that we take.

The AA Police are here again!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Just so I dont hijack your thread Stone I will make my own.
I need help w dating in sobriety and recovery. (thats included in life = right ?)
Old 11-21-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Old 11-21-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by stone View Post
The AA Police are here again!
Yep, and Louis knows better than to NOT follow suggestions. lol He gets both Nel and me on his case.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Whats up Scotty?

At least you are allowed!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Scott, you are always welcomed here and if you don't mind some women giving you their point of view on dating, ask away.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey can i add i am kidding around as most know on here...
I do what i do in my sobriety cos it helps me... and i kid around on here cos i can..

Someone asked me a couple of months ago:

"Does your sponsor tell you what you want to hear"

my reply

"No... she tells me what i NEED to hear"

Not too subtle a difference there....

Folks the programme is a suggestion... my choice... the only choice i have over staying alive is to keep away from alcohol and the only way I know how to do that is work my programme... but no one ever told me i couldnt have alittle fun in my life either.. in or outta AA...

And i like fun... keeps me out the mess that is my head

Believe and Nelco help me when i ask for it and sometimes when i need reined in alittle cos my head is overtaking my sobriety and taking me down that slippery slope and for that i am truely thankful to them!!!!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

She in in recovery, we have the same date but she had a relapse after several years and now we are pretty much even in time anyway.
She is just getting divorced and had a short term relationship w someone else right before me (they guy was violent) - He is still calling late night.
I work a more consistent program, have a sponsor and try to the best of my ability to follow my program on a daily basis.
I am very attracted to her inside and out. This is the first time I have dated in recovery. Im trying to create a healthy relationship if thats possible between 2 addicts - recovering.
She is quite a bit taller than me and has a child. The child is nice but severely disabled. I have a little problem w myself being so short and that I have never dated anyone w a child.
Most of the women that I am attracted to these days have children. I have never really wanted any but am willing to adopt. I just fear passing on my health and addiction genes - if thats possible.

Please be kind and gentle. I am fragile on this subject.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Old 11-21-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Are you are worried she will relapse again Scott?

I am not good at relationship advice, I tend to follow my heart.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Scott:

I have not been in a intimate relationship with someone for a while now...
I can only tell you what i think and also agree with... my head is so messed up now with dealing with my own sobriety that i cant think of bringing anyone else into my mess...
Dont get me wrong... i would love physically and emotionally to be with someone... but its not the right time for me... thats not to say this is how you feel or see things...

I have generally always been in relationships where my partners have got kids... it was really hard... especially if the children are older as they tend not to see you as the parent... i seemed to get all the grief but couldnt give and discipline as such... it wasnt accepted... dont get me wrong... i love the kids with all my heart.

This is only my feeling as i am not you... but i can see it being extra hard bringin up a kid with disabilities... i work with adults with disabilities and thats very draining... mentally and sometimes physically... but mainly mentally... are you strong enough for that?

I am not short so cant comment on that other than to say... if it works between you... height shouldnt and wont matter..

I am sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.. i can only tell you it from my own experience...

I do wish you luck though and keep talking about it... we are good listeners here... if not alittle nutty at times
Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Scott, first off why are you already talking about children if this is a new relationship, slow down, take it one day at a time. Have you discussed this with your sponsor? what is his take on it?
I'm also a bit leery that she is just coming out of a violent relationship and jumping into a new one and not yet divorced. We need to accept ourselves for who and what we are and then love ourselves before we can look to another for love.

You see I am in the midst of a divorce and sober little over a year, there is no way that I can give myself to someone right now, I am just now finally learning to love Donna and believe I am worth someone elses love. I never would have been able to handle a relationship earlier and I really don't even think I'm ready for one yet.

This is just my opinion.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by louis View Post
Goodnight my friends

Sleep peacefully

IO: you ok?
Dear louis...

Thanks for asking...:ghug3:

I'm sort of okay...I was able to attend my Women's meet on Thursday ...the first one since

my mom's heart attack..

And, a movie with my sober gals yesterday...but I've been more worn out than I can

remember. Worn and wiped out...and drinking dreams..I get sick in them, and wake up

sick. It might be delayed stress...I don't know.

I'm keeping close to friends...and will call sponsor today.

And, always...my HP is the defense against the 'first" drink!

LIS))))))))))))))))))))

Please know that I've missed all of you....and though I don't have time to thank each

and post....

Consider them ALL thanked!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read through the thread...I rejoice today in each member's triumphs, and am

concerned about each personal struggle, and family concerns.

But, to jump in address a post or two...I never want to leave anyone out...

or seem "cliquey!" If I've been guilty of this and made anyone here feel

bad...I am so sorry.

I've been able only to post lately on the "short" threads...LIS is just so fast..and that is

good...it means it is successful in helping and supporting so many in daily life,

living in sobriety, those who log on...and many more who read but do not post.

So, I hope to be back here when things settle down a bit more at home...

Love to you all.

((((One more post following))))))) lol