Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 25

Old 11-21-2009, 04:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

bee is not feeling better, gonna try and get to my HG this morning, then go to store for a few things I need. I'll hop back in bed right after that. I don't like being away from meetings for more than a day. I'm glad I have lots of meetings in the bank but I still need to get to them.

Sorry you're feeling crummy Rusty.

The worse part of feeling sick is I want to be a kid again and have someone take care of me, hopefully the antibotics will kick in soon today is day 2 on them.

Tanya, I'm getting so excited about Christmas, hope I feel better so I can put my tree up next week. I love Christmas.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That looks like a good book, Gyps. Rumi is one of my faves.

Take care Donna.

I am still sick and anxious/depressed. I suppose that is good really, lol.

Meeting tonight.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Mornin folks

The weathers miserable here... dull, rainy, chilly... but its alot better than why nelco said they had over there... so really grateful for that...

I am still not feeling great... it is lifting though... i am planning to spend the afternoon tomorrow with my sponsor so am also going to try and go to a meeting in the morning... could do with it i think...

I tried staying here for the online SR meeting last night but about 45mins before it started (2am for here) my body gave in and said bed time...

Not being such a rebel just now... my flatmate (landlady) is back... so back to sitting under my duvet in the cold again... you know i am sure its probably warmer outside than in here

Believe/Rusty: please take care of yourselves... and believe i know what you mean about reverting to being a child when ill.. think we all get like that... after weve done the i can do this alone bit and figure out we cant... sending over best wishes for a speedy, healthy recovery... and a hug... just a soft one incase your fragile...
Old 11-21-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Louis and Bee and Rusty, I hope you all get to feeling better soon. Being sick isn't fun. A girl here from the program just died in hospital - the rumour is that she had H1N1 - she was a reasonably healthy gal of about 50.

I went to a meeting last night with my friend P and I've been worried about her. She doesn't get out to many meetings (she's married with a small child, and her husband works full time and is in the program also). She has terrible anxiety when she does go to meetings and she doesn't enjoy her sobriety much at all. Still thinks of the drink and drugs. She has over 3 years and I don't think she is at immediate risk of relapse - but it's hard to see a friend suffer. Any ideas, outside of getting to more meetings? She is working her way through A Woman's way through the 12 steps, has worked all the steps, has a sponsor, home group, says she prays and meditates, but she hates meetings and doesn't like being in AA.

I am really looking forward to today. To celebrate the new job I am taking my darling daughter out shopping - new coat, boots, etc. and a new outfit. I'm also going to buy myself a couple of running outfits which I will need for my recruit training. I'm also going to take her out for a nice lunch. I love this kid so much!! it feels good to be able to spend a bit of money on her, finally.

I hope everyone has a good day - I'll probably hit the 7 pm BB meeting which is a nice small one - I like it a lot.

Hugs to all.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I am really looking forward to today. To celebrate the new job I am taking my darling daughter out shopping - new coat, boots, etc. and a new outfit. I'm also going to buy myself a couple of running outfits which I will need for my recruit training. I'm also going to take her out for a nice lunch. I love this kid so much!! it feels good to be able to spend a bit of money on her, finally.
Ro, I know exactly how you are feeling. Good for you being able to do this. Enjoy your day, YOU DESERVE IT.

There is a woman who comes to my HG on Saturdays sometimes, she belongs to some kind of women's recovery, I know I have seen some here on SR ask about it. She said they call her each day, that's what they do they call people who cant get out to meetings and just reach out and talk recovery. Maybe that will help her a bit. Other than that, sorry but I can't help.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Rowan:

There is smart recovery... also if she has a computer what about trying online meetings... easier to talk when int he comfort of your own home but you still get the benefit... or i do anyway... its less pressure on me... actually i talk more in online meeting than at ftf meetings...
Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hmm online meetings aren't a bad idea. I'll make the suggestion. I'll also make an effort to call her more often and to talk about recovery. She's a lovely girl and it's hard to watch her suffer.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Rowan: heres some other online stuff... i havent looked into them but they are apparently very good... non 12 step.

SOS (Save OurSelves):
drug - alcohol - addiction - SOS-Save Our Selves - Non 12 Step
sossaveourselves : SOS Save Our Selves Alcohol/Drug Recover

SMART (Self-Management And Recovery Training):
SMART RecoveryŽ|Self Help for Alcoholism Drug & Other Addiction
http://smartrecovery.org/SMARTBoard/

LifeRing:
LifeRing Home Page
http://forums.delphiforums.com/lifering/start

WFS:
http://www.womenfor sobriety.org

RR (Rational Recovery, a method rather than a group):
http://www.rational.org/
Old 11-21-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

You mean i come up with some good suggestions?
I am not a waste of space?

Im sueing and sacking my counselor... i NEVER agreed to be cured of self pity....
Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ah Louis, aren't you the sweet one. Thank you so much. I will pass those on for sure.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
let it grow!

keep up the good work, LISers!
Old 11-21-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Afternoon mum

How was you HG meeting?
its chankin here... no heating... landlady lets it come on for 2hrs about 4ish... so i am getttin set with me towels and hammer to run for a quick shower... hammers to knock icicles of the shower head (just kidding... not that bad... yet)
Old 11-21-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I didn't make my meeting, I think this is the first saturday I've missed since I got sober. I really tried but just don't have the energy and its probably not good to infect my friends there. Feels like I'm starting with a fever now, sheesh.

Louis, you could never be a waste of space,
Old 11-21-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I thought that you were moving, Louis???

Sorry you are not "up to snuff", Bee. It must take quite a powerful bug to take YOU down, LOL!

Ro, good for you with the shopping! I agree, you deserve it!

Hiya everyone else!

Oh, BTW, I think our youngest may get through, by the skin of her teeth, yet again. I'm going to send her a loving, but firm, note that although a cat may have nine lives, she comes with no such guarantee and she best correct her behavior b4 her quota is up. Her HP is giving her strong warnings. Best pay attention.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI dear Louis. Meeting was great!!!!!!! Its lashing here. I wish I could stay longer on LIS today but I am only home now as I went for coffee with someone who is having a difficult time (daughter tried to end her life)
and now I am going to cook lasagne leave it on the table for the lads. have a shower,change and run to open meeting where I am speaking. Bringing two of my sponsees. Told them I want to look down and see their sweet faces.

I hope you feel better soon BEE.

Love Ro, lots and lots of love. An alcoholic bascially wants feel loved and to give love. Is there somewhere she can be of service to help another?

Hi Stone!! enjoying the weather???
Old 11-21-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Believe:

Hiya... really sorry you are not feeling well... you SURE its not a computer virus?
Sorry to hear you can make you meeting... if you want we could have a sorta one here later... if anyones interested?
Either in chat on on the thread... dont know quite how it would work... maybe pick a topic and we could share on it fi everyone liked..
Dont know... like i said i maybe think too much
I think acceptance is a good topic... but like i said i think too much
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel I'll be with you in spirit while you speak, just keep me out of the rain please and keep a tissue nearby in case I have to sneeze or cough.

this bug is really getting the best of me, I'm putting up a good fight but losing, so I guess its time to stop fighting.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

HOS

Hi there... i am moving but not til the 18th of next month... there is still someone in the flat i am moving to... cant wait though...
HEATING YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
See... i love the simple things

Hope you are doing well?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

maybe pick a topic and we could share on it fi everyone liked..
Dont know... like i said i maybe think too much
That sounds like a great Idea but I wont be here today....I will miss out!!!

can we do it again some other day too?
Old 11-21-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

you will be with me BEE. I always get nervous speaking in public.