Notices

Living in Sobriety Pt 22

Old 10-29-2009, 06:11 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

will try to catch up in the morning...
Old 10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hey Lis thanks for sharing that experience - I really admire how you handled it.

Home Group was good - I connected with a new lady tonight was her second meeting - I think I talked about her last week - anyway, she's got that fire in her eyes and really seems to want this deal.

I'm off to bed in a few. Good night.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

for you Lou!

Higher Power,

My inventory has shown me who I am,

yet I ask for Your help in admitting my wrongs to another person and to You.

Assure me, and be with me, in this Step, for without this Step I cannot progress in my recovery.

With Your help, I can do this, and I do it.

keep on trudging that raod to Happy Destiny Lou!

xxooxxoo and a whole load of blessings,

zip

yeah, yeah, i said i would play catch up in the morning!

character flaw # 8,489
Old 10-30-2009, 03:01 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hmmm

blessed day LIS,

wherever you all are.

Morn'n Bee
Old 10-30-2009, 03:28 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning, and Thank God It's Friday!!!!!

Was an early night to bed, I feel recharged and refreshed, ha ha yeah for tonight when all the friends meet here for their night on the town. will have between 10-15 of my daughters friends here tonight. They rented a party bus. I will be going to a meeting. They will ALL be sleeping over here tonight, no driving home tonight. Should be a fun night in Bee's Hive tonight.

Bet you all wish you were gonna be here, ha ha.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

The reason I'm telling you this is because I am happy I recognized a resentment, objectively looked for my part in it, and what I could do to alter the outcome. Resentment 101, in other words. And it worked. Both of us could calmly discuss our feelings and come to a mutual agreement. I think a few months ago,
Good for you Lis. you really are moving forward.

The other night, when you and Nel and I were up late, I thought "I might as well not even go to bed!",
Lis, I know some times when chatting with you guys I am so tired

what time do you guys go to bed at 9 pm??? lol

Look at Nel, 5 hrs later than us and she is a real trooper, she just hangs out and talks to the wee hours of the morning, lol. She has to sneak into bed, ha ha. I have kept her up to 4 in the morning already here on SR just chatting and laughing with each other. The distance doesn't separate us.
Thank you Bee......Rowan is keeping a eye on me now and sending me to bed if I am up late. lol

MORNING LIS its lashing rain here!! the cat is sitting on the window outside looking in miserably at me drinking my coffee. This morning gym again then I am bringing my nephew to lunch for helping me during the week with work here. I will meet him on his lunch break. He always makes me laugh, he is a funny guy. so it will be a good start to my day. Then I have to pay bills etc. the ones that are screaming the other ones will have to wait another few weeks, there just aint enough this month. next month promises to be better. recession!!
As some of you know I live in southern Ireland (republic) and Northern Ireland uk and is the only part of the UK with a land border, sharing it with the Republic of Ireland.

So we have euro and our own goverment, up there its sterling and a different goverment. anyway long story short............LOADS of people are travelling across to do shopping and christmas gifts etc. border towns here really effected! This is the big debate at the moment. Our goverment is trying to get us to shop local but its WAY cheaper to go there. I dont bother but I used to live in a border town and if I had 6 kids I def would be tempted.

Today I woke up a bit grumpy, just a pending sense of doom !!! no Particular reason, just my alcoholic head I guess........ so I am working on trying to stay grateful and positive. Each day a gift, lets see what this one has in store.........later xoxox
Old 10-30-2009, 04:03 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Cross-border shopping 'has cost €400m'
Tuesday, 27 October 2009 15:26
New figures indicate that the number of shoppers in the Republic going North has jumped by a quarter in less than a year.

The drinks industry body in the Republic, the Alcohol Beverage Foundation of Ireland, has called on the Government to cut excise duties on alcohol.

Its director Rosemary Garth said new data from Nielsen Ireland showed that off licence sales in the North had risen by 30% in the year to August, while those in the South had fallen by 7% in the same period.

AdvertisementMs Garth also quoted figures made available to her by market research firm TNS Worldpanel, which showed that 15.9% of households in the South were now travelling to the North for grocery shopping. She said this translated into 250,000 households, up from 200,000 at the end of 2008.

Ms Garth said cross-border shopping had cost the Exchequer an estimated €400m in lost taxes this year, adding that this was likely to increase in the run-up to Christmas, especially if sterling remained weak. She said the price gap for alcohol on either side of the border was an important factor in this trade.

ABFI's membership includes drinks manufacturers and suppliers. It says 90,000 jobs across the industry are at risk from cross-border shopping
Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Mornin.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Morning Nel, sorry you are grumpy Here's a just for you. Impending Doom you say, well it is the alcoholic mind, and you know that, good for you. Turn it over Baby, your HP will take care of it for you, whatever it is.

I'm dressed, got my Turn it Over stone in my pocket, "I don't leave home without it" and the house is silent, my daughter has the day off, she goes for her NEW license today, the "21" license. Funny, last year she had one made, spent all this money, I told her I didn't think it was a good idea, but she just had to have it, so she could get into clubs with her friends, well, the first night she used it, they took it away from her, so she learned her lesson that night, 200.00 snatched away in a minute. So now she gets a real one. I prayed this morning that my HP please watch over her more so now, damn I remember people telling me, Little children, little problems, Big Children, BIG problems, they were so right. All those things that seemed so big when they were small, are nothing to what a parent worrys about when they are adults. But I do know they have their own HP and that gives me comfort, but I still worry.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:19 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel, I can't even write any bills out again this week, but the good thing is, I'm not frazzled about it, I am amazed that I am not freakin out, I haven't paid any bills in over 3 months except for Mortgage, Car loan, Home Equity Loan & Car Insurance, and now this month I can't make the Mortgage. Its crazy, but I'm so grateful I have paid everything every month for all these years, that if I miss payments now, it will only be for a month or two, that is my saving grace.

This bad economy has been doing one good thing for me and that is keeping my Home Equity Interest at a low interest rate, once the economy starts picking up then the interest rate will go higher.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:20 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good morning and TGIF!

Last night after my meeting a lady called me that has been out there for a few weeks. I offered to pick her up and take her to a meeting tonight. She seems to think people at the HG are against her and is not sure if she wants to go.

I hope she will leave me out of the drama and go with me to the meeting tonight.

Bee, I hope something happens and you are able to pay your mortgage.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:21 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

to everyone!
geesh the end of this month has been h3LL! we're almost thru with the flu shots thank God. it's been such a mess because of the H1N1 vaccine and all the disturbia surrounding that.
big weekend for me -- scary movie weekend (i watched the exorcist last nite as i always do on trick or treat nite) the time "falls" back early sunday morning here and that will work out good because i am participating in nanowrimo (national novel writing month) this year and it starts at midnight nov 1 and ends at the last minute of nov 30. write 50,000 words in 30 days -- big challenge for me. but i am excited to try. if anyone else is interest go to nanowrimo.org. also i get my license back on monday and am tickled to death!! now i can go to the grocery store when i want and go to the library---oh how i've missed the library!!!! (sounds silly but that is a big thing for me--i've been rereading books i have already read for months now)
hope everyone else has some good plans for the weekend!!!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nan if she has been drinking, Please do NOT pick her up. Please call your sponsor on this one honey, not a good idea, you are new to the program yourself.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:27 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

i am participating in nanowrimo (national novel writing month) this year and it starts at midnight nov 1 and ends at the last minute of nov 30. write 50,000 words in 30 days -- big challenge for me. but i am excited to try. if anyone else is interest go to nanowrimo.org. also i get my license back on monday and am tickled to death!! now i can go to the grocery store when i want and go to the library---oh how i've missed the library!!!!
Good for you Bo, you see all the good things that happen in sobriety, well done. WE take for granted so many things until we don't have them. Your license back, wow, I hope you keep taking your sobriety seriously,. Have you considered going to any meetings now that you will have your license back?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

hello all... boy i find it funny that you guys have been to bed and got up again all since i last got to check posts!!

TGIF alright... weekend off for me! new roster came out and we are back to being fully staffed!! yee ha! no more extra and more extra shifts! ,money was nice... but i couldnt keep the pace up... means my life is ALL WORK! My kids are in there end of year music evening tonight (they are both in an orchestra and choir) and i missed it as i had to go to another town to work .... they are playing at the schools presentation night next week so i'll see them then, but tonight is always a special night because it is end of school year here and all the year 12's finishing up... gets quite emotional... the school has some exceptionally talented young people for sure!

congrats on step 5 louis... you give me inspiration!!

hope you survive all those teenagers bee!! lol!

hi nel, is it just as simple as driving to another town? it would be tempting if you had a big family and money was tight.... is it much cheaper?

stone.. good to see you posting again

bo, i would really miss the library... 50,000 words WOW, i'm going to check out the site

hi rusty !!!!!!!!!!!hi ro!!!!!
hi nan!! and all those others that must be snoozing!

have a great friday and a happy sober weekend
Old 10-30-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

hope you survive all those teenagers bee!! lol!
Nope, NO teenagers, they are all over 21!!!! So they will all be drunk tonight.

but tonight is always a special night because it is end of school year here and all the year 12's finishing up... gets quite emotional... the school has some exceptionally talented young people for sure!
sorry you will miss it, can you have someone tape it for you to watch? Its good you will get to go this week though at the presentation.

I'm confused, is your summer starting? Ours just ended. Sheesh, we are back to this time zone thing again.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

i love quote one word at the end sums it up which is missing FREELY
Old 10-30-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Please explain Sanit?
Old 10-30-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

yes bee we are just starting summer... school breaks up now for the long holidays , 6weeks, that you guys have over june/july... so they go up to the next year when school goes back in jan.. 2010 OMG 2010!!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:22 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

hi allport