Notices

Living in Sobriety Pt 22

Old 10-27-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Dear Louis

Time is a construct.
And PCs sometimes have flat batteries.

Yours
Dee
Thankyou oh wise and wonderful Agony Aunt Dee...

Your wisdom is vast and much sort after...

P.s... do you happen to know a guy called confucius?
I only ask cos you speak like him... (no disrespect meant oh great one)
Old 10-27-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Dear Agony Aunt Dee,

Will I get this fecking job?

Love, a gobshite
Old 10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Wow lot of sh*t going on here while I'm gone.

Stone, in reply to your post quoting me, its funny how earlier you read all those posts and had no replys and then tonight you come on and YOU'RE ANGRY, well let me say, Now you maybe know how some of us feel, we stuck by you, hoping that maybe this time you got the program you said you had this time, I do understand relapse and AA welcoming people back, but how can you say you're working your AA program, every time we asked if you were going to a meeting, there was ALWAYS something more important going on, everytime we asked if you called your sponsor you always had a reason why you didn't, every time we asked if you called someone in program you never responded. I don't know what program you are working, but its not one I would wish to see anyone I care about working. I come on this board to try to help my friends, stay sober and work through the problems they are facing. I myself have much going on and I do share it here and take suggestions and appreciate all that is offered me by friends. If we can't honestly tell you how we feel about you relapsing then maybe you don't belong here. I wish you well with your recovery.

And if my post offends anyone, I am sorry, truly I am sorry, but I believe that all here know I am an honest person who is trying so damn hard to stay sober and work a program that I know works, and help all those who post stay sober. My sobriety is a matter of life and death, and that's how I treat it, if someone chooses not to post here in the future, I will miss you, but I will not back down and apologize for being honest. It is after all an honest program. Maybe some of us need to get a little more honest with ourselves and the others.

I am really tired of having to go through this every so many months on this thread. Drinking is NOT an option for me. no matter what!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My dinner was nice, me and the X were cordial to each other, we spoke and joked with the kids and my daughters girlfriend. It was really a nice time. we ate like little piggies, we had mozzarella and proscuitto to start, then fried potatoes and hot Italian peppers. Then we had Italian pizza w/garlic and oil. And that was only the appetizers, we then shared a salad, and "our" dinner was veal saltimbocca, veal w/spinach, procuitto & mozzarella cheese melted on it. Yummy, I brought home most of the dinner, the belly was way too full after those appetizers.

The guy called about the massage chair, he is coming tomorrow to pick it up. I also have to bake my daughters cake tomorrow after work for party at night, that's cutting it close but it will work out.

No more news on my father in law, thank you for all your prayers, I believe he will be okay, I think they are just being on the safe side.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:01 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Dear Agony Aunt Dee,

Love, a gobshite

More will be revealed...LOL

Seriously? I think you're right where you need to be Ro - even if they don't appreciate your genius and give you the job, you've faced a lot and learned a lot in doing this, right?

D - more confusion than Confucian
Old 10-27-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

HoS
Whoa...it just took me 40 minutes to read through the posts! Lots going on....where do I start?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hey Bee - that sounds like an amazing menu! Yum yum I'm hungry now. It's good to see things selling for you - I understand how good that feels. I hope your father-in-law recovers quickly. Hugs.

Stone I hope you keep coming back.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Yeah Ro, It does feel good about selling the chair, but the pessimist in me keeps saying, he's not gonna show and buy it. Its a beautiful chair, brown leather massage recliner. Hopefully some of the other things posted will start selling.

I bet you are happy all these interviews/tests/evals are done Ro. I'm really proud of you for doing this even though you didn't feel up to it. You went that extra mile and no matter what happens, you are a winner in my eyes.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

....now that dinner is done.....

Dee...."More confused, than Confucian"...I just love you sweets!

Nelsie...I didn't forget about you, but I had to eat b4 I passed out* (*dig details, tomorrow....too much to respond to here).

Ziptionary!!!!!and IQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you run into each other in the air? Zip, how bout I nickname you Elroy, from the jetsons! IQ, :ghug3

Louis...you are one funny duck!

Least, good to see you!

Kate and Bo...glad you checked in!

Marlee....I think I understand what you may be going through. We alkies want everything quickly (hence, immediate gratification with booze). So when I gave up drinking (each time I said I was "done"), I wanted my husband to change immediately...."see what I've done"..."your turn". Well, first of all, I relapsed more times than I can count and he was wary...very wary (understandably) and secondly, I couldn't undo the past immediately. I had to give it time. Nel is very right and wise (as usual). I had hurt him, caused him so much anxiety...never knowing whether he could trust me, never knowing if it would "stick"....now that it has been a decent amount of time (for me, based on my past), he is trusting me again, and giving without reserve. And he is doing this in response to the changing me. Maybe that's the best way to put it: as I have changed, so has he. As I have moved forward, so has he. As I have given, so has he. I am not expecting him to do this, nor asking. It's just happening. But it takes time, time, time.

And Bro...my guess (and only my opinion), is that you are feeling pretty raw right now. It seems to me that speaking of your FEELINGS doesn't come easily to you. I'd like to know WHAT HAPPENED. What pushed you over the edge? As someone who relapsed more often than there are numbers, I understand. Really I do. And I believe that each relapse taught me something...showed me a crack that I had missed. Which crack was it for you? IMHO, that's where the growth is...trying to find our hairline fractures BEFORE they become cracks. There's wisdom in the phrase..the best defense is offense. Knowing what gets to me helps me recognize my danger zones. Please don't run away. That accomplishes nothing. Part of this thread is trust and another is accountability. We can't help what we don't know and we don't know what you don't tell us. You have to trust and allow yourself to be vulnerable to others. My gut is telling me that this is your crack. Am I right?

Last edited by HideorSeek; 10-27-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

If he doesn't show Bee, I'll buy your chair!!! I could use a massage about now....will you deliver????

Glad your dinner went well...I agree with Ro...that sounded amazing! I like he sound of each item, but can't imagine eating all of them in one sitting. I'm a tapas fan...just my style..a little of this and a little of that....
Old 10-27-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

My 1500th post! Why just yesterday it was a mere 1000!!! OK, there was a little padding, but hey...a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

And if my post offends anyone, I am sorry, truly I am sorry, but I believe that all here know I am an honest person who is trying so damn hard to stay sober and work a program that I know works, and help all those who post stay sober. My sobriety is a matter of life and death, and that's how I treat it, if someone chooses not to post here in the future, I will miss you, but I will not back down and apologize for being honest. It is after all an honest program. Maybe some of us need to get a little more honest with ourselves and the others.
I am of the opinion that these replies are best kept to OM's .... I try to constantly keep in mind the 'lurker' ... the people who are SO shy, they only read here and fear posting. This type of exchange does nothing to encourage them to participate.

I come here for my own recovery as well, but I've taught myself to keep my temper limited to private messages. I have acheived nothing like perfect adherence to this principle, but I *do* try my best to.

I think lurkers and others also need to see every bit of the struggle that others go through - if only to have someone whose progress they can compare their own experience to.

I would hate to learn that i'd run someone off who really needed this website just to make a point.

Last edited by Dee74; 10-27-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Thank you Rusty!

and lastly - I don't think anyone need worry about Stone's honesty.
or courage to come on here and admit failure considering the response he's received more than once for it.

****{Stone}}}
Don't you DARE give up!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My reply was not to one person
And if my post offends anyone, I am sorry,
I understand your post about the lurker, but in my eyes, the person lurking should also be able to see that one CAN stay sober IF they work an honest and decent program. "Rarely have we seen a person fail, who has thoroughly followed our path." "Those who do not recover are people who cannot and will not completely give themselves to this simple program." Usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. Granted relapse does happen, it happened to me, but I hope that my experience and strength as well as others here on this thread can somehow help someone see you don't have to pick up when things are not going good.

No one is asking or wishing that Stone would give up Barb, everything said is because we care, because I care. I wish more than anything that Stone and others struggling would be able to get sober and stay sober.

I am not here to debate, enable or argue with anyone. I am here to stay sober and help another and I believe that is exactly what I am doing.

I also believe that our sharing how we feel about each others recovery would not scare someone off, its this going back and forth that for sure would scare most off.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

there been a lot of personal remarks on this thread. I've just spent 20 mins trying to sort it out - time I should be spending elsewhere.

Let's remember what the thread's about

thanks
D
Old 10-27-2009, 09:04 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post
To throw the amount of time I have been struggling in my face is hurtful and to stand in judgement over me for struggling is something I hope never to do to anyone, no matter how long I have been sober.
Not serious? I got myself a new sponsor, went through the steps again, I am going to meetings, sharing, practicing the Program as best I can. That doesn't sound like someone who is serious to you?
I didn't share much about it because my head is wrecked about it. I am not nonchalant about it. I do not take it lightly.

I won't be posting on this thread anymore, I wish everyone well.
Babes I know how you've struggled.I have also seen you succeed. I have seen you shun certain recovery methods and now I have seen a complete turn around with regard to that. I am not angry with you for drinking. I do love & care about you of course but I will not shame you nor can I force you to recover. I appreciate your honesty.Again. I may offer to kick your pale white Liverpudlian ass but it's all from the love I feel. If you don't post here you know where to reach me. I know this may be an unpopular sentiment but I am your friend whether or not you drink. I've told you that for years. Of course it'd be best if you could stop and stay stopped but I still love and support you... no matter how may tries it takes. Some people take longer to get it. You will. You have. You will do it again. Most important is that you don't quit quitting .
Old 10-27-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
Thank you Rusty!

and lastly - I don't think anyone need worry about Stone's honesty.
or courage to come on here and admit failure considering the response he's received more than once for it.

****{Stone}}}
Don't you DARE give up!
****{BARB}}} Missed you woman! Just letting you know I'm standing by my man stone. Don't be jealous .
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Dear Agony Aunt Dee,

Love, a gobshite
hehe

I wonder oh Great Oz.... will she?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
No more news on my father in law, thank you for all your prayers, I believe he will be okay, I think they are just being on the safe side.
Hope he is on the mend Believe.Prayers to him and your family.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Sorry about your cat, Gyps. Poor little baby. I'm glad the kids are comforting him/her and spending time together.
He is still hanging in there. Kids were spending time with him lld ay and night till bed time.The prodgy soent hours by his side.... crying. He's wagging his tail very frailly.He mewing in a sick sounding painful way. I fear he's very near to the end. But he is so old and he has been very loved. Yes... I like the cat. There! I said it OKAY? I definitely care for him and will miss him when he passes. Though maybe he just has a cat flu and will perk up. One can only hope. I do pray he isn't in any pain at least.