Notices

Living in Sobriety Part 7

Old 07-22-2009, 03:40 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Originally Posted by Saxony View Post
Which country are you in Nelco? It's windy where I am today.

I am in pain, and instead of ignoring it like I have been. I have made an appointment with the doc for this afternoon. I hope it's nothing serious, I haven't seen a doc for over a year, I tend to just ignore things and hope they go away
Im in Ireland Sax.
one of the biggest things I had to learn in early sobriety was to look after myself ....like go to the doc etc. Like you ...I would put it off. But putting it off only brings fear into our lives which along with the pain could even lead us to a drink. Its amazing how we make much bigger things out of stuff in our heads. Go to the doc sax, its probably much less a deal than you think. Besides the relief of just taking the action is worth it. Then you can live in the solution and not the problem .
I have a bit of a toothache at the minute and I hate the dentist!!! but I will make an appointment with the dentist today, because I do not want to suffer long term.....yuck
Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
IO......aint she adorable!

Adorable is the word.

Good Morning.

Stone, sorry today is a little bleak for you. I hope you take that action. Move a muscle change a thought.
I am just getting on with stuff around the house and practising mindfulness, being with the pain, accepting it, not fighting it - not giving in to it, just feeling it....and doing the housework, lol.

I must admit the thought of drinking came to me earlier, it wasn't accompanied by the insanity of "this time will be different" so it wasn't a huge deal but it reminded me I had better get into action, mentally and physically. So I am being gentle but firm with myself. Small steps in the right direction.

Originally Posted by Saxony View Post
Sorry you are down Stone

Which country are you in Nelco? It's windy where I am today.

I am in pain, and instead of ignoring it like I have been. I have made an appointment with the doc for this afternoon. I hope it's nothing serious, I haven't seen a doc for over a year, I tend to just ignore things and hope they go away
Thanks Sax.

I am like that about the Doctors too, I hate going and leave things for ages...so well done!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:49 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I must admit the thought of drinking came to me earlier,

ring your sponsor or another strong member please stone. It does not have to be a big heavy conversation, just kill that thought. ................sick as our secrets

may I make another suggestion that I am about to do myself.......

Today I will make a list of ten good things in my life.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:11 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

ring your sponsor or another strong member please stone. It does not have to be a big heavy conversation, just kill that thought. ................sick as our secrets

may I make another suggestion that I am about to do myself.......

Today I will make a list of ten good things in my life.

The thought is already killed but I am gonna phone anyway.

I will take your suggestion on the lists too.

Talking of lists, I have so little motivation and feel so low I am having to do a list of three things to do, then I do them and write another three things to do....the first list started with "wash face", lol, that gives you an idea of how I am getting through this, lol.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling more human and more hopeful this morning. I'm going to try to get in, or at least talk on the phone with the shrink today. See if he can change my meds or something. Got a good sleep last night and that helps. Meeting was good. We discussed step one, and how surrendering means no more fighting, but just to stop the battle, admit we CAN'T win so may as well not fight it anymore since we're going to be beaten every time.

Just what I needed to hear...
Old 07-22-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning Its Michaels birthday. Today I thank God for allowing me to take care of his children. (stretching)

Nel, a dentist I don't do dentist well! I still haven't attempted the weeds, ugh, okay I will pull the weeds today (or at least start pulling them today)

Moring Sax, glad you are going to doctor.

The thought is already killed but I am gonna phone anyway.

I will take your suggestion on the lists too.

Talking of lists, I have so little motivation and feel so low I am having to do a list of three things to do, then I do them and write another three things to do....the first list started with "wash face", lol, that gives you an idea of how I am getting through this, lol.
Sorry you are not your OLD chipper self today Stone, but remember that this too shall pass.Those lists are a good start, I know I have days like that and I can't even think about making a list, so the suggestion I thought was a good one and I like that you know enough to make them little lists. You're using the old noggin!!!

Ro, my legs hurt from reading about biking 13 miles, sh*t girlfriend, you are in pretty good shape, me, I can't even walk a friggin block, so now I really feel shi*ty!!

Got to make that Birthday Cake, this is what happens when you put something off, it catches up to you and then all the stuff piles up and you get overwhelmed!!!!

I am grateful to be sober and I too will start making a list this morning.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Morning Least, that all sounds like your living in the solution and not the problem.
Good to hear you had a good night sleep too. I will also get a meeting later on this evening.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Least Hang on to whatever you have right now cause it sounds real good from this end.

How's the sponsorship thing going, was anyone there you might like to ask? Are you going to do 90/90 another meeting today?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI Bee......you will be baking all morning and I will be gardening lol.

Happy birthday Michael :day1
Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Feeling more human and more hopeful this morning. I'm going to try to get in, or at least talk on the phone with the shrink today. See if he can change my meds or something. Got a good sleep last night and that helps. Meeting was good. We discussed step one, and how surrendering means no more fighting, but just to stop the battle, admit we CAN'T win so may as well not fight it anymore since we're going to be beaten every time.

This make me happy.

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
You're using the old noggin!!!

Yea, I think I am. I have learned a hell of a lot at AA and SR...the real deal is when I start applying it....it is hard, it is real life, no quick fixes, no escapes. Good days and bad days.

Happy Birthday Michael! :day6
Old 07-22-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

In a way I am glad I am having good and bad days, I enjoy the good days and from the bad days I learn how to cope with bad days, and I learn that they do pass.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I am so ******* serious about my recovery! Something else to be grateful for!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I just booked the dentist for next monday..........I dont dont which I am most scared off...... the drill or the bill!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I got a good night sleep last night, and let me tell you I needed it really bad. I will be going to a 1:00 meeting today, I was asked to make the coffee.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

In a way I am glad I am having good and bad days, I enjoy the good days and from the bad days I learn how to cope with bad days, and I learn that they do pass.
We all have them days, you are not alone. And when we get through the bad ones without picking up a drink/drug, we become stronger and that gets us through the next time. It comes down to one thing Do we want to stay sober more than we want to drink.

dont which I am most scared off...... the drill or the bill!!!
BOTH!!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

lol your right I am afraid of both. Ok I will talk later better get back to work. Keep me some cake BEE. xx

Keep Pos Stone! you old 12 step forum person you lol

Later, least and sax x
Old 07-22-2009, 05:01 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Do we want to stay sober more than we want to drink.
Yes we do.

Well done on making the Dentists appointment Nelcs....the Program in action, lol.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
We discussed step one, and how surrendering means no more fighting, but just to stop the battle, admit we CAN'T win so may as well not fight it anymore since we're going to be beaten every time.

Just what I need to hear as well, thanks Least
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Well, I'm off for a while, got to get doing some things or again nothing will get done. Be positive peeps, be grateful for even the small things in life.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Cya all later. :ghug2