Notices

Class of January Part 5

Old 07-05-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

lol...... I am full. I even fed my cat.......he doesn't look so hot.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hello class,
Thought i'd drop by and check out my old class. looks like you are all doing great

VC,
One slip in 6 months (back in May) - you're incredible!

Kind Bird - just thought i'd mention that there is a v. good article is Men's Health mag. concerning swimming and the great benefits (that you and I already know). I haven't swam in 2 months - i need to figure out to get back in the pool - i have a very busy life right now, but i need to figure out how to get back in the pool.

Love you all - Jackstone
Old 07-06-2009, 04:09 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class
Good to see you drop in Jackstone and glad to hear you are busy and doing well.
Back to the old routine today. Off to the gym.
Have a good day one and all.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Love that cat picture...maybe Richard could show you how to make an aluminum antenna hat for her.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

LOL.

Nice to see you Jackstone!! Take care of you!

Looks to be slow work day. This is supposed to be our busy time. Kind of scary. I do have a large project kicking off in my area next week, then I will be dreaming of days like today.

Golf lessons start tomorrow.....pre-construction meeting tomorrow......dentist tomorrow........wth? Relay for Life on friday.......my dance card is filling up fast!

Have a great day kids.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hey all,
Good to check in and catch up - and see everyone here in class. Love all of you! the humor, support, wild ideas..

Sorry I did not check in sooner to tell VC - yes - stay here! You are such a heart in this class and this dealing with alcohol is really a process. I think we are all on this journey and somehow we got each other in January and seem to be really sticking together - in a really supportive way and it is really a good thing.. I will admit also that I have had a few glasses of wine since January - I have stayed sober but have not been 100% without some wine - and I don't fully know what to make of it.. It is nothing like it was when I came here but it is not truly without alcohol like it was in the first few months (I think I had a glass in mid-april with family visiting - just got stressed and had a glass with my husband at dinner one night).. Anyway, was not trying to keep anything from all of you but had not figured out what was going on for me with the occasional drink (still haven't), so I did not put it out here - probably should have.:sorry Hope you will all let me know if you feel like I have been a rat!

AND, VC - Way to go with the class and almost getting through it - That has been a huge accomplishment!

Thanks for the swimming info Jackstone - will look up the article.. I have to say swimming is my thing - get a little batty if I am not in the water every few days. Started short runs this weekend - just a mile or two - think I will do that a few times a week too for the bone density (at that age!) and stamina.

Happy B-day to Mrs. Fubar... and no cake for Mr. Fubar...you sure are sticking with this 16-week thing Fub.. way to go - you don't sound too deprived either!

Had a fun holiday weekend - friends and bike ride, no BBQ but lots of good food (no wine in the fun either)... Watched the corn grow a bit too!

Good to hang out with all of you this AM. Feels good to let you know about my not being fully on the wagon with all of you but hope to still hang in here with you Januarians and figure this wine thing out yet!

:ghug
Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

We will always be together.....we take care of our own! It's a battle for us all......but we are here to support each other......all we can do is try.......there will be those like me who fail.......but the important thing is to keep looking ahead.

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

LOL......name that movie. OK.......LAME.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

"Dirty Dancing" 1987
Old 07-07-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
The teach has been doing a little research for the sake of the class.
I scoured the internet for countless hours looking for definitions of sober and consulted some experts in the field and came up with three very good definitions.

OK, OK. I looked it up on Wicktionary and asked my wife.

1./ Sober-not drunk-not intoxicated-not given to excessive drinking or alcohol
2./ My wifes definition.- If you drink any alcoholic drinks besides near beer you can pack your things and get the hell out of here.
3./ From Wikipedia as it pertains to me.-dull, not bright or colorful. :rotfxko

I think for the goals of the combined consensus of the class we can use one unless you have a spouse similar to mine upon which case you should use #2 because that is the higher power. Trust me on this one.

Any violation of definition #1 has a compulsory sentence of 1 day in the corner with the dunce cap.
I love the power. I haven't worn my teachers hat in a while.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:54 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Ding, Ding, Ding........we have a winner. Good job JSM.

LOL Fub.......

I am off like a herd of turtles......have a good day peeps.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Resident

Greetings and salutations.
Well my wife is going away for a few days so I am on my own. One less person to get on my nerves. It will be restaurant time for me as I don't cook so I will have to figure out some healthy things to eat. We have about 50 restaurants within walking distance so it will be a full time job just figuring my meals out.
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Alright Fubar.
When my spouse is gone for business or family affairs I call it "Michael time" (my name isn't really jsml) no discussions about dinner/restaurants, how we will spend our evening or the dreaded "let's just visit/talk"...
I get in even more golf, the take-out dinner of my choice and get to watch all the sports/ESPN I want to.
Used to drink way more during those times...
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am really disappointed in both of you! You don't cook? Darn..........I love cooking with my significant other....if I had one.......but you should be able to make some good stuff...........hmmm........now that I think of it, he irrated me........how thin, how thick? When I was doing something else......maybe I am meant to be alone.......even though peeps say I am cute.......what say you?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

PS:

I always called it "Wendy Time....."

Funny how we think the same!!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:01 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
I am really disappointed in both of you! You don't cook? Darn..........I love cooking with my significant other....if I had one.......but you should be able to make some good stuff...........hmmm........now that I think of it, he irrated me........how thin, how thick? When I was doing something else......maybe I am meant to be alone.......even though peeps say I am cute.......what say you?
I say with 50 restaurants within a block why bother cooking. I don't really like possessions so it is my way of supporting the economy.
The bars or going broke since I quit drinking so it is only fitting that the eateries do not go down with them.
As far as you being cute. All I can say is all we have seen so far is that one blue eye on your avatar and if that is an indication you are fabulous darling.

Now for a little Warren time.
Never said that before but I kinda like it.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey all -

Quick check in whether you are on Warren time, Wendy time, Michael time - thanks for taking some SR time and being here in January time...

OK - if I did not like to cook and lived with 50 restaurants around I sure would enjoy supporting the economy.. Sounds like SF in some ways - great restaurants of so many kinds and every price range.. Love the density of urban areas - life coming together..

Hey, Fubar - thanks for your research, insights from your wife, and definitions. I think for me it all comes down to what it feels like inside (no one outside of me is bothered by my drinking).. and inside I do feel better not drinking at all - but I just have not figured this thing out. Saturday it will be 6 mos since I stopped the old pattern of nightly wine to excess (what I call excess is 3-5 glasses).. but I am sitting here with some unresolved feelings about what it should look like - i.e. what resolving this drinking thing should look like.. Not drinking at all is just simpler and really actually feels so much better than this "occasional when I want" thing. Will work on it.. Feel very lucky to have all of you still.

Anyone watching the Tour de France? Wow, beautiful places and kick bu** cyclists - can't imagine.. I have had a day of riding 70-80 miles in my life.. but this day after day, hundreds of miles, fast paces - .... human machines they are!

OK all of you - have a good day out there - thanks for being here..

:ghug
Old 07-10-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
I am feeling similar to you Kindbird except for that ultimatum hanging over my head.
If it wasn't for that though the occasional when I want doesn't seem that great anyways.
All I remember is the hangovers and arguments and neither was much fun.

The bar crowd now seems boring and self absorbed. I think I was the only intelligent, charming, funny, kind, concerned, supportive ( I could go on and on) oh non self absorbed one there. They must really REALLY miss me. :rotfxko

Now it is off to the gym. They have mirrors there so I can admire myself while I work out.

:ghug3 From me to me.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

I recommend finding a good fruit platter, Fub. That, or a great *homemade* salad. That's right, homemade, no cooking involved. Crunchiness and vitamins come free. Oh, and i'd be the one at every sushi place you can get your greasy mitts on. Cheers.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Well, I snuck up on Fub and got his pic all..........he really IS into himself! LOOK!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

On a more serious note.........KB......I wonder about it too.......and it IS simple when obstaining completely......there is no pullling and justifying.......it just is. The mind is a tricky thing......

Well I have homework, one quiz, and one test left guys.......that's it. All to be completed by this coming friday.....and just cause I know you want to hear......lol.....we are doing logarithm functions with inverse exponential inverses.....????????????????????????????? My brain is swollen. Whoever invented all this was obviously on crack.

Keep on preening Fub. LOL.