Notices

Class of January Part 5

Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning all and one.
It is hot, hot, hot here. Thanks to the inventor of air conditioning. I might do a tunnel tour for my 1 hour walk today. Maybe go downtown on the subway. I can see the world as I know it in the comfort of constant air conditioning. Isn't life grand.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Ok,,,,,,,simmered JSM.........

but now into algorithims........ick......I am sure I will need all this soon...hee hee. Just to figure out breakfast I can lay out one of those babies and calculate how to cook my eggs? LOL.

Hope you are all out having fun,,,,,,,,,I will too when this darn class is over.....

Love ya!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

tonight........hot date with a book..........

Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
I took logarisms or algorithms or something like that and I had to get a big book of tables or something.
I still use it every day. It is under the dining table leg to balance the table out so it doesn't wabble.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Resident

Good day classmates.
I see I was the last to post which is fine since I don't got anything to say anyways so if nobody reads about how I have nothing to say today nobody will feel sorry for me having nothing of interest to do.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

Excellent use for old texts, Fub! In the grand scheme of things, balancing out the eating surface is crazy important!
Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

This is your brain:

Old 06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

This is your brain on College Algebra:

Old 06-28-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Any questions?
Old 06-28-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class
Still busy with the 16 week fitness challenge. Starting week 6. This thing seems to consume most of my time and eating those 5 small meals a day to keep the metabolism fired up is rather difficult especially on the weekends when I prefer to sleep in.
It is a holiday here in Canada on July 1 so the gym will be packed which I hate. I would like to see all statutory holidays eliminated including Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas I always thought that that Scrooge guy was a softee.

Have a good day fellow grumps.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

who you callin' grumpy?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Wow, a Charles Dickens and an anti-drug reference... you two are funny.

Yet another travel/trip fiasco with my kids.
As you may remember, about a month ago my daughter missed her flight from Vancouver, BC to here costing me an addition 100 or so dollars. (Her previous flight here last year was also missed d/t the stack-up at the border, that time she had to take a bus to fly out of Seattle, more $ needed to be shelled out).
Well this time my son was to leave out of Vancouver saturday morning and of course waited until the last minute to look for his passport... and couldn't find it. His mother called to break the news, and thank goodness my wife answered the phone, cause I don't think I would've been very pleasant to her. So, I get to eat a lot more airfare monies and not sure when he'll be able to get here, still has not found the passport.
Ugh!
Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Sorry JSM......see above face......I sooooooooooo get that!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Once a year crunching the numbers for income tax is enough for me. My brain turn into those fried eggs, but slightly more burnt.

I feel your pain VC.

Hey Fub- I hear you have a garbage strike in TO?
Hope you don't have any unpleasant aromas wafting through your windows!

It really kinda sucks now that we need a passport to travel to the US.

Even Americans need one to re-enter the US from Canada, as you are now experiencing first hand jsml.

I guess you can't be too careful though....but it does kinda suck that we have changed things due to the terrorists.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Resident

Ya it is too bad about the travel woes JS. If that was my son I would be a bit disappointed in him and I would be annoyed at his mother for not helping him get organized. Even when they are adult kids, kids are still kids.
A week into the garbage strike and except for some litter on the streets there is not to much difference where I am. I hope the city lets them strike for weeks. In Windsor they have been on strike for 10 weeks. It is about time they stand up to greedy public employee unions. My wife is in the public sector(hydro) and she even thinks these union types are unreasonable.
This whole passport thing seems like a big cash grab from the two greedy governments. I don't think it effects terrorists in the least. It isn't real hard to get a passport real or fake.
I am trying to cut out coffee this week as it is affecting my sleep and right now my nerves are frayed so any little thing sets me off into a rant.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Rant away Fub... you do it so eloquently with just the right amount of sarcasm and humor.
And your right about my son, disappoint with him. He's 16 and should be more responsible. But, his mother should have been more proactive with keeping important documents safeguarded.
Oh well, this too will pass. And so will the garbage strike... hopefully before it gets to hot there-heat and trash make a nasty odor!
Off to win some money on the golf course. Have a great day all.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Morning everyone..

Back from vacating.. good time in the Sierra Nevada with family for 5 days - wow is it beautiful in the high country!

Good to see the humor, sarcasm, and general reverie has continued - love catching up.. Good to see you Richard and vividserenity..

Hey VC - that class is ALMOST over - hang in there (we know you are) and wow you will be officially algebraic in just a week or two! Sounds like the yucks as you work through it, but I notice it has not diminished your SENSE OF HUMOR!!

Scrambling a bit to catch up with work so will be brief here but have to say I missed all of you!

:ghug
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by jsml1234 View Post
Rant away Fub... you do it so eloquently with just the right amount of sarcasm and humor.
And your right about my son, disappoint with him. He's 16 and should be more responsible. But, his mother should have been more proactive with keeping important documents safeguarded.
Oh well, this too will pass. And so will the garbage strike... hopefully before it gets to hot there-heat and trash make a nasty odor!
Off to win some money on the golf course. Have a great day all.
If he is only 16 I take it back about being disappointed in him. At that age the last thing you can expect is him to be responsible for something like a passport. My son is 22 and today he spent 15 minutes looking for his work ID, which he had yesterday. I would be mad at the ex but nothing good ever comes from that.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning and Happy Canada Day.
I still have to go to the gym, my wife is in bed sleeping and the gym will be packed with people that should be at work.
Just another day in paradise.