SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/178751-class-january-part-5-a.html)

Anna 06-19-2009 06:36 PM

Class of January Part 5

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

Fubarcdn 06-20-2009 02:37 AM

Good morning class
I thought I better get up early to greet all the members on our new thread. It ain't easy being the teach. :c032:

More of the same today.
I went out to a bar patio yesterday and had a couple of non alcoholic beers and sat and enjoyed the sunny day. It was nice to see the sun for a change but weird ordering non alcoholic beer. I am cool with them as they don't give me the desire to get into drinking the real thing.
I think the waitresses would rather have people drink them since they cost the same as real beer and they get the same tip without having to deal with obnoxious drunks. We all think that we are more charming and witty when we are under the influence but I am sure that is not the case.
I am just up for breakfast and then am going back for a little snooze-z rooze foe a couple of hours. :)

Richard54 06-20-2009 04:36 PM

I can't drink that no alcohol beer.

I didn't like it when I drank and have no desire to try it again now (but then I don't like decaff coffee either).

Also, if I was in a bar drinking that stuff it would be just too easy for me to say to hell with it all, and just order the real thing.

Actually, I haven't been to a bar since I quit drinking.

I still have to clean all the empties up in the morning though.
My wife still drinks, and I still put away all the empties as I always did.

This morning I packed away 10 empty malt liquor cans (8% beer) she drank last night. Her drinking (or anybody's) doesn't bother me at all as far as being a 'trigger', but I am finding it rather monotonous, if you know what I mean.

I wish she would quit too.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Fubarcdn 06-21-2009 03:26 AM

The biggest part of not drinking I miss is going to the bars. I don't really mind the taste of NA beers. Some are better than others. Beck 0% is my favorite. My friend I go to the bar with is in the same boat as I am so we both have NA beers. He quit drinking 3 years ago.

We took my son, his wife and my other son to dinner yesterday. I remained sugar free passing on the $8 dessert but the birthday boy had one. His wife is on a diet too so she didn't have a dessert but she did eat half of his. :)

I think it is robbery charging that much for dessert. I am cheap.

Fubarcdn 06-22-2009 04:17 AM

Good Monday morning class.
I guess we are on summer holidays now. :)
It is a lovely day today and I am looking forward to getting out and about to do a little people watching.

ViciousCycle 06-22-2009 04:36 AM

Morning January Peeps.

This weekend flew by.........had to take an exam and did really well......phew, another one down. 4 weeks to go.........I can't wait. I also decided that with it getting busier at my main job I am going to drop the part-time one........at least until winter.......I just have no time for myself. I also might start working Saturdays at the main job which will more than make up for the other money-wise......

OK.....spill, what has everyone been up to this weekend??????

KindBird 06-22-2009 01:33 PM

Hey January peeps..

Hot here in the bay area - finally for us it feels like summer.. Just watching the corn grow (seriously!)..

Had a good weekend - watching Federations Cup soccer - how did the US pull it off getting through to the next round? wow.. Lots of gardening too and getting ready for a little family vacation next week (will be off line a lot)..

Here is something that is up for me - Just got this flash about how fortunate I feel not to be trashing my body with wine these days - really grateful for a strong body.. I have actually been thanking my body for being there for me the past week or so - consciously.. It hit me after a long swim - I just felt soooo lucky to get to swim - and to swim strong for more than an hour - doing a few miles and just getting out of the pool and going about the rest of my day - then I thought "WOW - I am sooo lucky to be able to do this!!" It really has me thinking about how much I did not respect my body when I drank a lot.. That's it...

Busy day wrapping up some work and getting ready to vacate.. Good to check in with all of you..
VC - I like your plan to go to one job - having some time to yourself is really important.

Fubar - I like those NA beers too on occasion - taste good to me. I don't like juice or soda so sometimes when you want something cold it sure hits the spot.. I was not a beer drinker much so they don't really tempt me.. and I agree that Becks is really a good one..

Hey all of you - welcome to summer - looooong days, short nights - lots of time to do life!

:ghug

jsml1234 06-23-2009 05:56 AM

Good morning classmates.
I had a nice weekend in the country along the Frio river with the spouse, her parents, cousins, nephews and nieces. Ate way too much BBQ and desserts. Drove back yesterday in time to take a nap then off to the night shift...made for a long day/night.

Strong work on yet another exam VC!

Glad to hear you enjoy NA beer Fub. But, I'm with Richard, it would be like drinking decaf coffee to me.

You sound good K-Bird, good for you. I'm sure you'll have an awesome vacation.

theaocp 06-23-2009 07:03 PM

Mmmmmm ... B ... B ... Q ... *drool*

lunarise 06-23-2009 07:13 PM

Havent checked in here in a while so I thought I would stop in and say hello!

We've been having weird weather here too....just now warmed up again after quite a few cooler days. Its hammock time!!
Wish I could say I have been motivated to get some stuff started/done but I havent. Maybe tomorrow....
I am thankful to be sober today....

Hope everyone is well... :ghug

Fubarcdn 06-24-2009 04:42 AM

Good morning class.
I am going back to spending some time at my old hobby of freeroll poker. It is where you play and free games but you can win some money. A lot of people I know from poker forums just play it as a hobby but the do hook some people with the free games so it is worth it for the poker sites. If I can get back to where I was a couple of years ago and win enough to pay for my internet bill I will be happy.
That along with the 16 week fitness challenge is keeping me busy. I still need to find some new interests but poker will do until I get myself motivated to do something new.
I like routine as opposed to change.
Glad you could drop in on us Vivid.

masseyman 06-24-2009 01:10 PM

Hey class, how's everyone?

Busy, busy summer here already. Finally getting some time off next couple of weeks, haven't had a day (except Sunday's) off since February.....I'm tired.

Have a great day everybody!

Richard54 06-24-2009 01:51 PM

Good to see the January peeps doing so well and keeping busy.

Went to see the movie 'The Hangover' yesterday.

That was good for a chuckle. I've had some wicked nights, but never woke up in the morning with a tiger, a chicken, and a baby in the hotel room before. Corny movie, but funny.

I'm looking forward to getting out into the bush and doing some serious fishing with my granddaughter if we can ever manage to get out of town here.
Hopefully in a week or so we can do it!

Have a great day everybody!

jsml1234 06-24-2009 07:46 PM

Hey K-Bird,
U.S. shocks world soccer with win over Spain to reach final... who would've thunk it?

Fubarcdn 06-25-2009 04:10 AM

I want to see that movie Richard. I might go this weekend.
Been in a bit of a mental funk this week where everything seems blah so a good comedy may be what the doctor ordered.

ViciousCycle 06-25-2009 04:54 AM

I am in a funk too. I don't want to do this class anymore! It is horrid...I am finding it hard to study.......I know it's the last push........but.....sigh.

A tiger, chicken and a baby? That is one bad night! lol.

Have a good one today guys and gals.

Fubarcdn 06-25-2009 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle (Post 2275157)
I am in a funk too. I don't want to do this class anymore! It is horrid...I am finding it hard to study.......I know it's the last push........but.....sigh.

A tiger, chicken and a baby? That is one bad night! lol.

Have a good one today guys and gals.

This is a little harsh criticism of the class of January VC. I haven't even given out homework since summer vacation started. It may be a tad ho-hum but---------Horrid? :)

ViciousCycle 06-25-2009 01:23 PM

OMG!

LOL.

You know better Fub! LET ME REITERATE

COLLEGE ALGEBRA STINKS!!!!!!

jsml1234 06-25-2009 01:52 PM

Simmer, VC, simmer...

jsml1234 06-25-2009 02:00 PM

Thanks for the cinematic review of "The Hangover" Richard, the previews looked funny... usually don't go to the movies, wait for pay per view or DVD.
I'll have to go watch it at the overpriced theater and drink overpriced diet coke.