Notices

Class of January Part 5

Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hey teach - did my assignment and read through the thread on alcoholism or problem drinking..

Sure is a lot of verbage... I don't have a big opinion on this one.. it all seems so individual.. I have a hard time with a lot of the jargon around alchoholism - and the AA jargon around it.. which does not really mean that problem drinking is the term of choice.. It just seems to come down to what it feels like in each person.. For me right now I am just not sure what it all is about.

Hugs to all of you...
Old 07-22-2009, 03:50 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Resident

Hello classmates.
Just read this on my calendar this morning and thought you might find it funny.
You might be a redneck if----Your neighbors chipped in for your vasectomy.

Thanks for your input JS and KB.
Hothing good came from my drinking either so for now I am going to put any ideas of moderating out of my head and stick to my non alcoholic beers. I am going to stay focussed on my 16 week fitness program and after that I will try to find another project to focus on.
Maybe I will go back to that tolerance project.
The 16 week tolerance program. Sounds interesting. I will reset every time my tolerance is compromised and if I finish it I will then review drinking moderately.
This one will be really difficult for me and I am sure there will be a lot of day 1's.
This 16 week challenge will likely take 16 decades to complete so I will be finished right when Bernie Madoff gets out of jail.
Just thinking of him would have caused a reset but it hasn't started yet. :rotfxko
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

You might be a redneck if- you go to family reunions... to pick up women.

Bernie Madoff's ponzy scheme is not much different than Americas stimulus package/fiasco, imo.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Resident

I agree with you up to a point JS but there is one big difference. The stimulus package hurt each and every American a little bit but Madoff caused irreparable damage to a few individuals. Sure these investors are somewhat to blame for not understanding what they were involved in.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:00 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Good morning class.
It will be Michael time for the next few days, the spouse leaves for Kansas City this am for a business trip... pizza, sub sandwiches and all the ESPN/sport channels I want to watch.
Didn't work last night and have tonight and tomorrow night off too.
Our cleaning lady will be by later today, I have get out of the house and out of her way, so I have to find something to do. Let me see... oh yea, I know what to do, going golfing! Life is good.
Enjoy the day classmates.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
Hope you have a good day on the links Mike.
VC, if you around check in. It has been a few days and we miss you. You are the life of this kittle tea party.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Good morning - quick hello before

Doing better - might even have a new sobriety date but waiting to see if it sticks - kind of hoping to have a "Dual major" - class of Jan and class of July...

hugs to all
Old 07-23-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am ok Fub......well, not really, just don't want to bring the class down......I'll never leave......just need to fix some things.......

Hugs peeps.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hi friends,
Sorry I've been away so long. Things haven't been so great lately. I started drinking on weekends again at the end of May and then crashed into a depressive episode. I've been out of work since last thursday and I'm going back tonight. I was hoping to stay out till monday but I can't. I am thankful I have a job, even if it's a struggle to get there.

I really don't want to go to AA, but I really could use a sponsor. I don't know if that can be done. Last night I couldn't fight the urge and I bought a six pack. I think I could've been talked out of it by the right person. So that's where I'm at.

Trying to figure out how to get meds that work that I can afford. That's not working out so well.

I miss you guys. Thanks for inviting me back VC.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Resident

I think the dual major is a very good idea Kindbird.
You will still be here with us, the class of January who have worked hard together for our progress and have the shared experience of the new struggle of the new class. They should both have good benefits for you.
Sorry to here you are struggling VC. Do not worry about bringing the clas down in general and me in particular. We are all here to support each other and be friends with each other. That is what friends are for. --to share the good and the bad and the everyday mundane.
Sorry to see so many of you struggling and wrestling with what is right and wrong for you and your future with drinking including you Mamabin. As I said before we are all here for each other.
I am almost always home except for the mornings so anybody please feel free to PM me anytime and I will answer as soon as I see it, which in most cases is instantly. I am here for you all and if I am struggling and need someone to talk to I would hope that I would get the same back.
This is why we should all be proud to be in the class of January.
Peace.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
I am here for you all and if I am struggling and need someone to talk to I would hope that I would get the same back.

You are really a sweetheart mr. fubar... teach....

It is wonderful that we all are here even with our struggles... and also the perspective and support those of us who are struggling with drinking still (i.e. still drinking some and not sure what to do) get the support and acceptance from you who have been able to keep alcohol out of your life..

I seem to be in a mini-reprieve from drinking and am appreciating the things that had made me love not drinking back in January/Feb/Mar when I kept things clear of alcholol for several months - things like better sleep, for me joint pain went away - and life is much simpler not having to think about the next bottle you might buy.. much simpler... I am hoping this might be it but still not sure if it is...

hugs to all of you
Old 07-24-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you mamabin, missed you. Hope you continue to stop in and post with us.
Hang in there VC, you know we care about you. Anything I can do, just let me know. I as well the rest of the class are here for you... us.
K-Bird the idea of a dual major seems like a great idea, no reason you can't visit both classes... education is power. You would bring a lot to the other class and also receive from them too.
Hey Fub, I've been watching the RBC Canadian Open (3rd oldest golf tourney in the world) on the Golf Channel. It's up there in your neck of the woods at Oakville, Ont. Looks like a nice place.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
Yes Mike Oakville is just down the road from Toronto maybe 10 miles. I would like to move there when we retire but it is too rich for my blood.
Isn't the Canadian Open one of the Big 4 golf tourneys along with the US open, the British Open, and the Masters? :rotfxko
Old 07-25-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Well Fub,
hmmm. Lets see, the winner's share of money is 900k at the Canadian. At the the four major tournaments it's 1.3+mil... nope, don't think so. Still not a bad payout for 4 days of golf!
I wonder if it's in Canadian dollars...
Old 07-26-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I heard there was some weird shot by a golfer in the tourney......a hole in one off another guy's ball?

Hope you guys had a good weekend...I am still trying to work on things here. Thanks for all the support I have received. It is appreciated more than you know.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Resident

Hang tough VC.
I didn't watch any of the golf this weekend. If I wanted to watch it rain all weekend I just had to look out the window.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Today I am going to get a grip on this little spiral I have been on. Time to take the responsibility........it will be a long day at work today.

Hugs peeps.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

They're playing the last round of the RBC Canadian Open today, the weekend rain pushed it to a monday finish. Looks like a nice day today in your area Fub, sunny with just a slight breeze.
Currently watching the playoff... extra holes, between South African Retief Goosen and the Aussie Nathan Green.

Sounds like you have a good attitude about your situation VC, keep your head up funny girl.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Resident

Take care VC. We are all here pulling for you. You are not alone. My thoughts are with you.
They should play all golf tournaments under domes. As a added bonus the scores would be a lot higher.
I spent most of the day with another old drinking buddy that has quit. I bought him lunch because he is a little down on his luck and because I am such a wonderful person. :rotfxko
He does AA and he seems to have found a new peace from it so it does work for some people but he also respected that I didn't. I did find the face to face contact with another person in the same boat helpful.
That is four out of about 15 of the old bar crowd that have quit drinking which is quite a high percentage and some others just disappeared. Maybe that is what happens when a regular at a bar doesn't show up anymore.
Pretty soon I will know more people that I used to drink with than I know that still drink. Only one of them is being an ass about it but he was a donkey when I was drinking too.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Dome golf... awesome.
Very gracious of you to buy lunch for your buddy, you are a wonderful person

Michael time is over, bride is back. We celebrated our anniversary yesterday. Went to Ruth's Chris' for dinner and I surprised her with a diamond ring that matches her wedding ring, she wears it on each side of the engagement ring...I too am a wonderful person