Notices

Serious Part 6

Old 05-24-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Ro, tomorrow is 8 month sober, I really can't believe how much into my program I am this time, I didn't do any of this last time. Guess that's why I went back out. I am really proud of myself.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hiya all...........well im still up. finishing off some inside work cause spend day gardening.
Believe you are great for going!! one day and you worry. I am going for 10 and leaving 22 and 26 ....they have a list of things I want done (keep them busy) I need them to mind all my animals. I will cook a couple of lasanga's and shepards pies etc and leave in freezer..they will be fine. 26 does not live with me but is moving in to help while I am away.
Nelco, you talking about AA again?
yes I am Stone this is serious 6 and I will sing and dance AA, now your a member. lol .................EASY DOES IT but do it
Rowan your day sounded lovely.....the yard, daughter, dosed on chair and chops bit lol
Simple and attractive to me. I HATE drama now and I used to thrive on it. love the simple life.
HI storm, frstnm & scardycat and hello Barb nice to meet you.
STONE....well done on following appointment thru for the Psychiatrist, 18th june, its great news.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

hey congrats on that Believe. Is this the longest you have ever got??
Old 05-24-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

had 15 years went out 5 and back now 8 mths
Old 05-24-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

15 years!!! what happened.....please share so I dont do it. I have 11
Old 05-24-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

the usual story, stopped meetings after 13 years, stayed sober 2 more then 9-11 started taking zanax, sore back, vicodin, percocet, started abusing them and picked up alcohol again. ended 9/25/08 with my daughter finding me od'ed on 76 pills. I never got involved with AA, no friends, no numbers I did have a sponsor worked up to Step 5 got to meetings just when they began, left as soon as they ended. Never did any speaking commitments, just did meetings. So I really had no program. I think that's why I am so involved this time. I know what happened and it really was by the Grace of God I was alive and able to come back. Believe me I am eternally grateful for this chance. I thought I shared all this before.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:03 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

You probably did but its the first time I read it. Thank you for sharing!! My back is killing me
Think Im ok for today though because I am very involved/active member. always getting calls for chairs/ working with others etc. I am a founder member of one of the groups in my town started 8 years ago and we only just started another a couple of weeks ago so fairly committed.
amazing the way you slipped back......I hear it so often from people who stop going. There is a post on here at the moment with someone who is thinking of quitting AA.
Anyway thanks Believe...people like you sharing that stuff keep me from trying it out!!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Glad I could be of help, Nel. Better that I went through it and maybe prevent someone else the horror of doing the same thing. Its funny that the meetings I go to now you see people in the rooms for awhile then you don't see them and they're like I was, no one has a number to even call them and they disappear, sometimes they are lucky to get back other times well, you know the outcome. Very sad. That's why I feel so blessed. I have 3 home groups, I am a greeter at one of them. (ha me, fear of people) and I love doing that. I also share leading a speaker meeting on Thursday night. Also go to detox on Thursdays after my meeting. I really try to stay involved. Too little time to Chair the other meetings, minimum time 1 year. And as for the thread about quitting AA, you learn from your mistakes, hey look at our boy Stoney, he is a perfect example of trying to work your own program. Love that boy, and I am so glad he had turned around his way of thinking. I just wish he would WAKE UP
Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Well Stoney, I waited up long enough for you to GET UP now I am going to bed. Maybe we will catch each other tomorrow. I think you said you are going to a meeting? See you in the morn. Goodnight everyone
Old 05-25-2009, 12:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Stoney - is your headache gone

Gyps you back ? Yippeee hope you're well as you haven't been on SR for a while

:ghug
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am awake! At the sensible time of 9am.

Where is Gyps, Ess? I haven't seen her post. Yes I have the beginnings of a headache.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Head very sore now, if I die at the meeting at least I died trying to get well.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Believe .... your great!! hello everyone

Morning Stone......hope the weather is also good there..... and you are out and about frolicking in the sun lol
Enjoy the meeting. Going to one myself tonight. here is a little flower to cheer up your day hope your not allergic
Old 05-25-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Nelcs, thanks for the flower.

I got to the bus stop and remembered it is a Bank Holiday, it occurred to me that the buses would run a Sunday service on Bank Holidays, in which case I was effed, one bus an hour and I had missed it.
I am not sure if they do run a Sunday service or not on Bank Holidays? I came home anyway, I have lots of garden stuff to do.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

My mum just offered to take me so I am going, lol.

It is actually pretty close by car. I will have to find my own way back but the buses are more frequent there, so I will get the bus to a train station and get the train home. Followed by a long walk, at least it is sunny.

I will look on the internet and see if I can buy a medal for commitment and award it to myself.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh Stoney, I don't think they make a medal for what you deserve one for!!!
You are such the martyr!!!! Glad to see you are getting your butt to a meeting. I know I always feel better after going. I got one this afternoon and one tonight.
Morning everyone.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good morning Stoney et al. Hope all are well and happy and sober. I'm glad to always wake up sober these days. No worries, no anxiety from drinking, no headache from drinking... tho I get lots of 'regular' headaches... am just glad to be sober when I wake up.

Pk called me last evening crying. Her fiance's car just died and they can't go anywhere, the three of them, in his pickup truck. I thought she was going to ask me to drive them around, but no, she asked if they could trade me the pickup for my van (which has her baby's car seat base in the back seat), I said you can use the van anytime you need it as long as I don't need it. Fiance came by last night and I gave him my extra key so he can come get it when they need it.

I'm just happy that I can help them out in this way. It's the least I can do and I'm glad to do it. There are so many benefits to being sober, I can't list them all.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Stone, re: Gyps
She's posted a number of thank you's e.g. Believe's post: " the usual story, stopped meetings after 13" today at 12:42am our time
Old 05-25-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
You are such the martyr!!!!
Hey!

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'm just happy that I can help them out in this way. It's the least I can do and I'm glad to do it. There are so many benefits to being sober, I can't list them all.

That's nice of you Least.

Originally Posted by espresso View Post
Hi Stone, re: Gyps
She's posted a number of thank you's e.g. Believe's post: " the usual story, stopped meetings after 13" today at 12:42am our time

Ohhh! Observant!

Back from meeting, was good.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

if I die at the meeting at least I died trying to get well.
omg. *drama* :ghug3

that made me laff.