Notices

Serious Part 6

Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Stoney, I wasn't really telling you to snap out of it. It was another of my jokes!!!! I do understand what you are going through, I am not the happy go lucky person maybe you might think I am. I just ACT AS IF most of the time. I know I am luckier than most being able to get to 2 meetings a day, but you know what, that is probably the most I can do in one day besides sit by my computer and chat here. I really do push myself to be happy and not to isolate. My kids beg me to go out but I just can't do it. So that's why I look forward to going to the meetings. AA is my life right now, I have no other life. But I do look for the day when I will have other things in my life. So please honey, don't take what I say so SERIOUSLY.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

And I forgot to say that I really am proud of you for the commitment you have made to your sobriety and how well you are working at it.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I gotta agree with Believe, You're doing a great job of committing to sobriety.:ghug3

I'm finding more and more that despite the troubles I'm going thru, I'm still waking up grateful to be alive. I attribute a lot of that to staying sober. Staying sober means not depressing myself on purpose. That's a big thing for me, as I hate the reality I see all around me, so not to drink over that sh!tis really huge.

I still have trouble with depression and anxiety, but at least I"m not depressing myself or making myself nervous. I like being sober so much more than drinking.:ghug3
Old 05-25-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Where the heck is K? Anybody see her?

I'm gonna go searching .. I'll report back if I make any sightings.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

K's last post was 4 days ago. This is QUITE UNLIKE HER. She had said that her daughter was coming to visit but I don't recall anything about going anyway - does anyone?
I have her cell # and sent her a text message - I won't call her cuz it's late but I will call tomorrow if I haven't heard by then.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Morning stone and all you lovely faceless people!!

I hope you are able to live your day today instead of getting through it. One of the choices we have in recovery. I choose life today.

Im getting on a plane on Friday to head for venice!!! The miracles of recovery. Today I am off shopping for freezer food for the remaining family!! besides people that includes a lot of animals!! dogs, cats chickens, ducks, geese, guinea hens, & fish.

sorry about the song ringing in your ears folks but there is a thread on "friends and families" called what brings you happiness?? I was soooooooooooooooo tempted!!! It came to mind!!! just decided I would post it here instead as I just knew we would all be singing going to bed!!

Oh yes and Stone..... I met that gobshite again last night outside meeting ,he opens his mouth and out comes the Verbal Diaorea, I just can't listen to it.............so I legged it!!

Who is K??
Old 05-26-2009, 02:43 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Believe and Least, yes I am committed. The depression is still with me but I am doing like Ro said and just getting on with the stuff that needs doing, it is hard but it helps. At least I am moving forward in the sense that I am dealing with it by having the Psych apt.

Ro, I am worried about K too, this is not like her at all!

Nelco, thanks for making me smile with the word gobshite again, lol.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:24 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

btw K is 'parentrecovers'

gobshite made me smile too - and 'legged it' boy I love that expression and might start using it here.

Venice, you say? Nelco, that's awesomeee!
Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Good Morning to all. Its a little bit chilly here this morning but it feels so good. I don't know who you are talking about a bit of brain freeze probably, but hope she's okay. Gonna do some laundry, maybe clean a bit then meeting at 1:00.
What is a gobshite? oh maybe I'll go back through the posts and find out.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Someone better tell me what gobshite is there is no way I will go back thru all posts. I DO HAVE A LIFE YOU KNOW. Stoney, where are you its not morning and its not time for bed in your part of the world. Hope you're not napping
Old 05-26-2009, 06:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 101 of my new sober life! Raining here today but that's ok cause it will make my grass seed grow. Woke up today feeling grateful to be alive and sober.:ghug2
Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Stoney, where are you its not morning and its not time for bed in your part of the world. Hope you're not napping
I DO HAVE A LIFE YOU KNOW!

Well actually, no I don't, but I can't be here all the time, lol.

Headache update.....bad.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Urban Dictionary: gobshite
Old 05-26-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

This thread reminds me of bottoms. Anyone else have that feeling?

I'm glad your sticking to your commitments Stoney. And I like what believe said about act as if. Sometimes that is the best we can do.

I am struggling with taking the meds for anxiety. I cannot wrap my head around that I need a pill to fix me. Pills were always the problem, never the solution.

I get to pick my sponsor up from the airport today. She has been in California for 2 months working. I am very excited to see her! :bounce:
Old 05-26-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
This thread reminds me of bottoms. Anyone else have that feeling?
Yes.

It must be weird with the pill thing, Tan.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Believe you...ACT AS IF .......very well and I really hope you venture out more and more as the months go by. You sound like a really nice person not a GOBSHITE at all.
I just had the best laugh EVER at stone finding that explaination of gobshite....
Loud-mouthed person who talks a lot, but nothing with any value - as in shite coming out of their gob
"Shut it, you little gobshite!"
so accurate!!!!!
Rowan if your in company and you see someone coming towards you ,you really dont want to meet....right lads Im legging it, look whos coming!!......lol
thanks for the K explanation, hope she is ok....
In different parts of Ireland we have different sayings about annoying people. yer man is a scald!! is another one that just springs to mind. Lovely people arent we........lol

STONE.................your the bestest!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Stone, just a thought as you keep getting headaches - do you need to get your eyes tested? Think you can get them tested free on the NHS every 2 years.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post

STONE.................your the bestest!!!!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by espresso View Post
Hi Stone, just a thought as you keep getting headaches - do you need to get your eyes tested? Think you can get them tested free on the NHS every 2 years.

I have new glasses but can't wear em! Too uncomfortable. I don't think it is my eyes though cos I sometimes wake up with the headaches when my eyes have been shut for 8 hours!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

It doesn't matter if your eyes have been shut, you eejit!

You don't wear them because they are uncomfortable?? Get them adjusted/fitted! I'll bet that has a lot to do with your headaches. If I go without wearing mine and sit at the computer you better believe I get a headache.

Best way to find out? Try it.

Lecture over.

I am very worried about K. I left a voicemail on her cell and her home phone. Hopefully Mr. K knows who the Newf is.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
It doesn't matter if your eyes have been shut, you eejit!
Of course it matters! Fool! How can you get eye strain when your eyes are shut?
How come I can go for months without the headaches?

They can't be adjusted but I am getting new ones soon.

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
I am very worried about K. I left a voicemail on her cell and her home phone. Hopefully Mr. K knows who the Newf is.

I hope so.