Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year and Under Club Part 2

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...r-club-20.html
Old 04-17-2009, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here I go again, Day 3. I am more determined than ever. I've been to 2 meetings in the past two days. I'm working today, and if I get home from work in time, will go to one tonight. Thanks. Honu.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to know your planning for your recovery.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Hopefully this is your time Honu.

All the best.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Well we finally managed to get this thread to part 2 eh !!!!!!!

Its only taken us nearly 6 months.

Its my sons 5th Birthday next tuesday so we asked him what he'd like to do tomorrow as a treat.

He wants to go to the safari park so thats where we're off to.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me too. Thank you! I'm over it all. It isn't any "fun" anymore..LOL! And, I'm ready to start liking myself!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Fizz, what's a Safari Park?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by Honu View Post
Hey, Fizz, what's a Safari Park?
Kind of like a Zoo but the animals are in a big park you can drive round.

Lions, Tigers, elephants, etc etc.

Got the boat to Chimp Island, hired a peddle boat, saw the sealion show, kids fell asleep on the way home.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What a cool day! I'm sure they loved it and will remember it forever! Thanks for sharing!

Honu
Old 04-18-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today is day 4 and counting!

Honu
Old 04-18-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Honu...that is great!!!! I reallyu think that in so many ways it its those early days that are the hardest....it really gets easier from here on out...just hang in there and come post if you are struggling (hug)

Fizzy....wish i could have gone...we have something like that around here somewhere, but i've nver figured out exactly where it is at...i think it's in an hours driving distance
Old 04-18-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I don't think I'm going to post that much this time. I'm so codependent I got caught up in taking care of or trying to help other people here on SR, and felt that I could handle it last year when I was here so much.....Boy, was I wrong. So, for now, I'm just going to meetings, shutting up, listening, and lurking here, and of course, working. I'm thankful that I have a job, and haven't lost anything except my self respect. I'll get that back, though. I'll only post here on this thread for a while, and keep yall' updated on my "days"! I am not going to get ahead of myself this time.

Thanks,
Honu
Old 04-19-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Day 22.
Still having sleep issues.. how long does it take to sort these things out?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
Day 22.
Still having sleep issues.. how long does it take to sort these things out?
I might well be wrong on this Jason buy my theory is that people that don't drink dometimes don't sleep that well all the time either.

I reckon by around 3 or 4 weeks sober I was sleeping better and getting into a healthier routine.

I haven't been sleeping too well last week or so, I'm a bit worried about a change in my work which starts tomorrow though so its more to do with that than the fact I used to drink.

If your not careful you get into the crazy way I used to be, can't sleep cos your anxious about not sleeping.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Fizzy....wish i could have gone...we have something like that around here somewhere, but i've nver figured out exactly where it is at...i think it's in an hours driving distance
We were under an hours drive from the house yesterday Nands.

One of the things I thats great about being sober is the amount of things you can do, cost wise we spent probably no more than 30 quid for everything.

We had free tickets for one child cut out of the newspaper, my daughter was free as she's under three, we took a massive picnic.

Year ago it would have just been too much hassle for me and we'd have all just stayed home. I'd also have probably spent not much less than 30 quid on drink.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by Honu View Post
I don't think I'm going to post that much this time. I'm so codependent I got caught up in taking care of or trying to help other people here on SR, and felt that I could handle it last year when I was here so much.....Boy, was I wrong. So, for now, I'm just going to meetings, shutting up, listening, and lurking here, and of course, working. I'm thankful that I have a job, and haven't lost anything except my self respect. I'll get that back, though. I'll only post here on this thread for a while, and keep yall' updated on my "days"! I am not going to get ahead of myself this time.

Thanks,
Honu
Its not a posting competition Honu, you just do exactly what you think is right for you.

I pretty much stayed to the one thread when I first came here, I stayed in the 2 weeks and under, then 30 days, then 60 days, then 90 etc etc.

Pretty sure you were in quite a few of those threads at the time.

I was lucky in that there were 3 or 4 of us all moving through at the same time, made things easier ( and fun ).
Old 04-19-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm not competing. I'm just watching out for becoming too involved trying to fix everyone else, and therefore not concentrating on my own "stuff".

I don't know how or why I stumbled on this thread my first time back, but, I think I'll lurk at the others, and just hang here. I do like listening, at this point in my sobriety, to people who have a lot more time than I do. I like to sit at tables with "old timers", as well. There is a lot more to learn for me there. At least at this point.

I was at my first meeting last week (day 1) and told them all, and a girl came up to me offering me her number. That was really nice! However, when we walked outside, she proceeded to dump all of her troubles onto me, financial, teenagers, job, divorce, crying, you name it.

My first reaction was to listen, and try to help her out, and then thought, "I don't need this right now! I need to concentrate on ME." She sounded "really together" when she spoke at the meeting. I don't know how long she's been sober, but I felt it was inappropriate for her to do that, especially considering it was Day 1 for me.

I really have to guard myself, because I am so codependent. It's MY JOB now, to take care of me, and it's not MY JOB to take care of others. Once I get my feet grounded, whenever that will happen, then I'll decide what my boundaries should be at that time. As for now, I'm being selfish, and it's all about me.

Thanks! Day 5 here, and will be out of town for the next 6 days, for work. I've been planning what to take with me to keep me busy in the "down-time", and away from the wine bar.

Thanks again!

Honu
Old 04-20-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Hope the next 6 days pass quick and easy for you Honu.

I like to fill some of the time I used to drink in by reading, your right though, if you can fill your time with something you enjoy its half the battle.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Started my new job today, was better than I thought, lets give it some time and we'll see.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Started my new job today, was better than I thought, lets give it some time and we'll see.
That's great Fizzy Wish I could find a job!!!!!