Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 2

Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Folks that know me and know which footie club I support will know I'm a happy man tonight !!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My husband (we are separated) came over today and told me we should put the house up for sale. That I should start looking for something else. He said he can't afford to keep it any longer. Deep down I know I would like to sell it and find something smaller and farther away. I am really scared to do this right now though. To have to sell and buy all in the same time with the same money is very frightening to me, I become overwhelmed. I need to get a divorce from him but have no money for the lawyer. There is just so much going on, I am just gonna breathe right now and turn it all over. I know I am suppose to do the footwork but I'm just not sure what it is right now. I guess what I really need to do is pray on it. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

(((Believe))) You are in a hard spot sober or not, but definitely better handled by a sober person. I am so sorry. I'm a list person. I make lists when overwhelmed. If you break things down "sometimes" it can help. Wish I could be better help, but glad you vented.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

HI!!!!!!!! It has been so long since I have been on here! Good news I have remained sober and still have my same date but I missed everyone... It is good to see that you are all still here!!! I did not read through all the posts as it would take me a lifetime and I will try to be better.

Update on me.
I have worked the 12 steps and can now Sponsor so I will be out looking for Sponsees.
I have 3 homegroups which I love with lots of friends (surprise about that)
I am still addicted to facebook
I am on a softball league which I have never played our first game is today
I am going to ICYPAA which is a huge conference

And many more things. I did not think my life could be so amazing. It is still a struggle but I do not have the desire to drink today and that is a blessing.. So I need to remember to come back here more often to the people who give me experience strength and hope

And there are many anniversaries coming up this month and next
Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Good to see you CM
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Much better day today, Everything is still the same as it was but I have a different way of looking at it today. Not giving him the power over me and my mood.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good on you Believe!!
Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

CM, have missed you!
So happy to hear that you are doing well.
I am also finished with the 12 steps and I am AMAZED!!!!
So glad you plan on sticking around more.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Evening, Bank Holiday here today, now got 4 days to work befor I'm off for a fortnight.

Decided I'm not taking the laptop on holiday with me so won't be about from next monday for a week.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober 6/5/2008

11 & 9 months alcohol- and nicotine-free

Am walking and hiking around 40 miles each week. Gardening, camping and taking pictures. It's amazing the kind of attention span I can muster when I'm not drunk have the day and hung over the other half.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Amazing how we used to waste our life fulm.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi guys.

I just had to say this, somewhere. Tomorrow is my 1 year sobriety bday. So, one year ago today I hit bottom. And it was an ugly bottom.
I am feeling exceptionally squirrely today.
I am irritable and discontent. I am sad, emotional, guilt ridden, etc.

What the heck is WRONG with me today????????
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey TT - Congratulations again and I did a bit of quick research. I know Fizzy doesn't believe in P.A.W.S., but I sure do. This might be totally applicable to you and your situation and something for me to keep my head up about.

"The symptoms of PAW typically grow to peak intensity over three to six months after abstinence begins. The damage is usually reversible, meaning the major symptoms go away in time if proper treatment is received. So there is no need to fear. With proper treatment and effective sober living, it is possible to learn to live normally in spite of the impairments. But the adjustment does not occur rapidly. Recovery from the nervous system damage usually required from six to 24 months with the assistance of a healthy recovery program. Recent research is showing that for some recovering people the symptoms of PAW often occur at regular "moon cycle" intervals and without apparent outside stressors. Often those 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, and 1 & 2-year sobriety dates seem to be "triggering" times for PAW symptoms to increase. People recovering from long term opiate and stimulant use often have PAW symptoms for no apparent reason for up to 10 years after they have stopped using their drug of choice. Often PAW symptoms appear to come and go without apparent reason and without any specific pattern. Individuals who intend to have consistent long-term recovery must learn to recognize these symptoms and learn how to manage them."

Here's the symptoms -

TYPES OF PAW SYMPTOMS

1. Inability to think clearly

2. Memory problems

3. Emotional overreactions or numbness

4. Sleep disturbances

5. Physical coordination problems

6. Stress sensitivity

Here's the link to the info I just posted PAWS part 1 - Research - Health Pages - MedHelp

Hope that helps and don't get too stressed about it. I believe knowledge is power.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I know I got that PAWS just didn't know it was called that, so thanks Horselover.

TT, I think everyone gets antsy like you are feeling when coming up on any anniversaries. I have been around alot of friends celebrating lately and even last night a friend celebrating 20 years told me he was feeling like that. So just give yourself a break and just be proud of your accomplishment.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1 YEAR SOBRIETY, YOU WORKED HARD AND YOU EARNED IT!!!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you both for you support!
And thanks for the info HL. It is good to have a reason for it.
:ghug
Old 05-08-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Day 364 - cool

As predicted I disagee with Horsie, but hey would be pretty boring if we all thought the same things.

For what its worth I reckon we all feel different at various times jus cos we do.

Its called emotions or something, not that I know cos I'm a bloke !!!!!

We drank for so long we forgot how to feel, life just can't be a good laugh all the time, although I like to try !!!

So the moon can do what it wants, ain't no PAW's or Hoofs or claws or whatever getting me.

I'm now on holiday for 17 days, yippee !!!!!!!

We go away on monday, its been raining here for days so hopefully that will stop.

Year ago today I really thought I didn't have many years left in this world and now .........................................
Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good to see you Fizzy. Congrats on your sobriety bday if i don't see ya this weekend. :day2
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congradualations to both of you!!!! Yep the eve of our aniversery..the day we hit bottom...wow...it is pretty amazing and has some emotional impact on us I think.

I was somewhat squirly after my BD...cause i was soooooooo exited about having a year. A whole year!!!!!!

Its called emotions or something, not that I know cos I'm a bloke !!!!!

We drank for so long we forgot how to feel, life just can't be a good laugh all the time, although I like to try !!!

So the moon can do what it wants, ain't no PAW's or Hoofs or claws or whatever getting me.
I tend to agree with Fizzy (especially on the first sentance) .... yes biggggg suprise, and not that anyone cares either (snirkle)

Sometimes it makes things easer to deal with if we feel we can put a label on them...so if it helps...great Bottom line for me is I go wack on a regular basis...now i just get through it sober (hugs) to all
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

you too huns, seems a long time and yet its also passed really quick.

The last 6 months have just flown past.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Nands ain't got P.A.W.S but she is N.U.T.S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!