Notices

Class of January Part 4

Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning early risers.
The sugar free diet isn't doing much for me this week as I gained 5 pounds and all I had that I shouldn't was 2 orders of sausage and eggs and didn't miss a gym day once.
I am not a happy camper today.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Class.
Back to normal world of working during the day, no more nightshift for three months...
Nice to see the sugar processed food thing is working out for you Massey, no such intestinal fortitude here, eating cookies, chips and other junk food like a fiend. Need to work on that next, the good thing is my wt has remained stable though and my latest blood work was within norms.
Now that tobacco thing... gross Massey just kidding... as Massey already knows we share this snuff addiction as well, blame it on our plowboy upbringing...
p.s Massey I guess you won't be seeing GM's Mr Wagner around your office anymore... amazing... politicians.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jsml- I won't bore the whole class with all my whining/hand wringing over the tumult at my company....but the whole Rick Wagoner thing was a pitiful scape goating. Because he wasn't horridly mean enough he got fired in the midst of the most tenuous time in our history....he'll be richly fine of course....not so sure about the rest of us here though.

There's a lot of great people here at GM with great work ethic and tremendous ability...despite what the greater public may think. We've made mistakes....but we also have helped to build this great country's manufacturing ability.....ok that's enough.

Tough times out there for many...let's just hope we can all work hard and pull thru this thing and come out a stronger nation/world for it.

Good day all.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats to those of you who are working on perfection I am too, but think it's going to take a long time... Seriously, I am not having too much trouble with not drinking but I am smoking more than before and want a lot of sugar. By that I mean that I would gladly eat dessert all day. I do try to control that and eat healthy meals as well. But talk about appetite!! I am watching my weight and using my elliptical trainer daily - so far I have not gained weight and am feeling much healthier. The daily periods of exhaustion are gone and I feel ALIVE.

I have some major dental work coming up and I am not going to worry about these other issues till I am done with that - I, too, have a deep-seated fear of dentists and that is enough stress for me right now.

Have a great day,

YD
Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning class.. quick check in then want to get back here for some Quality Time later today.. have been skipping in and skipping out of class a lot lately and think I need to get some discipline... lol...

Seriously - miss better connection to all of you.. :ghug
Old 03-31-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Is it friday yet??????

Old 04-01-2009, 02:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning Jan class.
Quick hello before work, first dayshift in 3mos. Too darn early... out the door at 4:45am, yuk.
Have a great day class, will check with y'all this afternoon.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Jsml, back to the land of the living eh? I worked nights for about 4 years back in the early 90's...became a way of life at the time.....never want to go back to it though. Don't like the commute home wondering if I'll fall asleep before mile marker 153....

Have a great day class!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Good morning, it's hump day. Do they have hump day in Canada? LOL.....Don't go there, Fub.
So our computers are working, I guess the big scare on the latest April 1 virus attack did not come to pass........good deal.

Make it a good day peeps.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning one and all.
I hope that that humpday thing wasn't a crack about me having a humpback. It wasn't my fault I had to look down while walking in hopes of finding change to buy dry socks.

It is good to see everyone working. I try to be supportive of everyone else by NOT working so somebody that needs the job more than I do can have it. No praise required for me being such a great good samaritan. I know you all well enough by now to know what you are thinking.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone..
Never got back here for that Quality Time yesterday but did have a good and sober day, and did miss everyone.

Have never worked graveyard - but lots of nights till midnight or so - waitressing for years.. Life shifted when the shift shifted.. Hope the new shift works for you jmsl...

Hanging out in soberland and things still are going pretty OK here. I really have to make a conscious effort not to become complacent - like this sobriety stuff is a way of life but it is really still sooooooo new. This past week I have had some good "clean up" times during the evenings - after work getting into house clean up projects that have needed work for years - little stuff like sorting through a box of stuff that we took down when painting 3 years ago.. Have also been reading more (fiction mostly) which feels like a real indulgence.. And of course watching b-ball - will go through real withdrawals after the tournaments are over.

Feel like my SR time has been at a maintenance level and have missed checking in on other forums.. should have some time today for that.

Have another good sober day all you januarians! :ghug
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Resident

OK classmates. Let's put our hands together for Yellow Duck.
If my calculations are correct she will have 60 days today.
If they are not correct let's clap anyways because it is fun to say congratulations.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh thanks so much Fubar! It is 60 days today and I hadn't even realized it.

I am pretty sure I would not have made it this far without this great group. I think we are all fortunate to have found each other and I hope we stay together for a long long time.

I just popped in to say good morning - been a little short of time lately - and this was a nice surprise.

Hope everyone has a great day and didn't suffer from too many April Fool's pranks.

YD
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Great job YD!!!

Congrats my friend.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yellow duck View Post
Oh thanks so much Fubar! It is 60 days today and I hadn't even realized it.

I am pretty sure I would not have made it this far without this great group. I think we are all fortunate to have found each other and I hope we stay together for a long long time.

I just popped in to say good morning - been a little short of time lately - and this was a nice surprise.

Hope everyone has a great day and didn't suffer from too many April Fool's pranks.

YD
:ghug2 ...NICE!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning class!

Hang in there Oz, we're pulling for you to be better friend.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Peace all!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
Hope tomorrow is better Oz.
I am not feeling that great either. My wife talked me into ordering pizza for dinner last night and I ate too much and didn't sleep well because I was full.
No more pizza for dinner for me. The only thing that is healthy on it is the sauce anyways.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Thanks everyone for your good thoughts yesterday - means a lot to me. Often seems like the rest of the world doesn't know about/understand/appreciate our milestones and successes (but they would see our setbacks pretty fast) so it is really great to have you all here just knowing.

Sandy, try to hang in there. You know it can pass and you will feel better.

I had a somewhat trying afternoon yesterday and that 5:00 thing started to hit me a little harder than I liked. When this happens I think about the HALT thing (hungry, angry, lonely, tired being triggers to drink just in case anyone doesn't know about it). I was tired and hungry - a good meal fixed it. I am really beginning to realize that "quitting" just isn't enough - we need to understand the "whys" and deal with them. Just thought of this poem which I find a good read. (Edited to say, sorry if this takes up a lot of space - at least it's free)

Have a nice day.

If

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Rudyard Kipling
Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey YD - I missed congratulating you yesterday - so today is day 61 and big time!

Way to go!

Thanks too for your support on this journey!

:ghug