Notices

Class of January Part 4

Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Goodnight all......I am taking my 67 days--19 hours --and 54 minute sober body to bed.

Thanks for that clock thing Richard!!

Hugs to all.:ghug
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

now it's 67 days--19 hours and 55 minutes......
Old 04-02-2009, 07:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Lol
Old 04-03-2009, 04:02 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all.

Hope everybody's having a good day so far....if your up that is...and if your not up your having a good day too. Sleep is good, I need more.

Finally getting some needed spring showers today, it's been quite dry for a week or two here in Michigan, despite a bit of snow a few days ago. This is my least favorite time of year...everything is brown/gray and its cold still. I'm going to put my request in for just skipping Michigan spring weather or maybe just the whole season all together. We'll start in March with summer,75 and sunny only raining twice a week at night, extend that to October with which we can begin Autumn. After a wonderully crisp and colorful fall we will begin winter on December 20 with a perfect snow storm and until the beginning of March it will never get below 15 or above 30.
There, I have it all figured out...the new 3 season year for the great lakes area.

What was that all about? It must be Friday.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Whoa Massey........I am glad you are not in charge of the weather!!
I like to garden and spring is a very cool time of year! It's hard at work, very muddy out there and that sure is a pain......anyway, I am sure Mother Nature isn't going to budge on that one!! Now if I had to vote?? I would veto winter!!!!!!!!

Hey you are on to something............
What is your favorite season and why? I feel like AA Sharon...................

I would pick Fall..........I like the colors and the crisp air......football is getting into full swing.....I like the smells too, burning wood, wet leaves......Chai tea.......sitting in a warm house watching the wind whisk leaves down the street........I have good memories from childhood during this season......hiding in leave piles, pumpkins, scarecrows.....coming in the house with red cheeks.........ah....Fall.........
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

VC, The only burning wood smell around here is usually called arson.
I would love to have south central Texas spring weather with football season

Hey Massey tune in tonight, I will... Fox news "On The Record"
Friday, April 3
• Greta's live in Michigan as she gets a tour of GM's auto plant.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I have to agree for the most part VC. I LOVE fall. Magnificent colors, cool days and nights, time to go deer hunting!! I also love the relief from the summer humidity. Although, if I do have double super secret veto power...I have to veto the elimination of winter. I love winter as well....just not the length of it. I guess I'm hard to please.

I would have to say fall is my favorite season, winter second then summer....at last....the nasty windy brown mess we call spring in Michigan.

C'est la vie....it is spring time.

Jsml- I will watch. Always interesting to see the media's take on GM. Usually not too good though. The last time we got much good press was a short stint back in the mid 90's I think. Seems as though we're usually the 'red headed step-child' of media coverage. waaaah. Poor GM. Probably deserve most of it although it feels like piling on sometimes.

Last edited by masseyman; 04-03-2009 at 04:56 AM. Reason: add comment
Old 04-03-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Massey, fairly certain this report/show will be 'Fair & Balanced' really. Her show is not the "bashing" type, and she's respectful.
I haven't seen you in the Mens forum lately, posted this link in the crazy bacon recipe thread last night, I think you may be the only one of my classmates that would even remotely find this as exciting as me. Heart attack awaiting.
Hope the link works, not as computer savvy as VC.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

Last edited by jsml1234; 04-03-2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/
Old 04-03-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
This is quite the lively debate we are having on the weather.
I take what I get but if I had a choice it would never rain and all the things that need water to thrive would thrive without it. The temperature that everyone feels would be set individually by their own body thermostat and anywhere that food grew it would just replenish itself as soon as it was harvested.
For now though I will stick to taking what I get and if I don't like it sticking to the underground world of the big city. Raining today. Wahhh.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ah.. weather... We have had a hard winter here in Saskatchewan and it still isn't looking a lot like spring. There is still a lot of hard-packed snow and the temperatures are not above freezing for many hours a day.

I like spring & fall. May/June and September/October to be more precise. I don't like extreme temperatures which of course we get the rest of the year. I like to see things start to grow in the spring, love green, and really enjoy the fall colours.

It will soon be time to get out and clean up the yard (lots of dog poop) and get ready to plant a garden. It should be interesting this year as I feel so much better and probably won't feel woozy everytime I bend over to pull a weed!!

Have a good day everyone,
YD
Old 04-03-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Resident

Be careful pullimg weeds in Saskatchewan Yellow: oil may pop up and mess your clothes.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Be careful pullimg weeds in Saskatchewan Yellow: oil may pop up and mess your clothes.
Yes, that can be a problem here. Alas, we have no mineral rights but did have a lease with an oil company for surface rights. They decided not to drill though so my hopes to be an oil baroness were short-lived.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Happy Friday class - Reading through all this talk of the seasons.. makes me realize how much the SF area is really different - not as differentiated as much of the discussion - more like a wet season (winter) and a dry season (Summer)..

Guess I am a spring and autumn person.. Spring is in full roar here - apples, cherries, pears in flower, wildflowers starting to bloom, puffy white clouds.. But we do need more rain - BAD.. Being a gardener, fall is pretty awesome too - in the veggie world everything is ready for eating - veggies and fruit.. hard to keep up with the harvest really. I would never wish away any season here - winter has great storms and summer gets this bleached out feeling that can be really beautiful too.

Have lately realized how important sleep is in this sober world.. Wed night I actually slept 12 hrs straight - not intentionally.. had a bit of a low-sleep Tues, and put my head down on Wed early evening about 5 and slept straight through to 5 on Thurs AM - deeply! I don't know if I could have done that in the drinking days.. it felt great!

OK - getting psyched for the b-ball this weekend - women and men - always amazing to watch.. AND if you have not heard, Women's Professional Soccer (a brand new league!) started last week and there is some TV coverage of that too.. Yikes - I never thought I would be a middle aged sports spectator!

Have a great weekend one and all... :ghug
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hey Yellow......I know what you mean about bending down when gardening....I always got a dizzy headrush.....I think part of that may have been dehydration.

GOOOOO UCONN!!!! Men and Women!!!!!!!!!!

Have an awesome weekend all.......
Old 04-04-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just a good ol' fashion saturday at work working OT good morning to all of you!

Man the days run into each other when your constantly at work....in a good way at this time of course.

Have a great day all!
Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Resident

Happy birthday to me.
My daughter-in-law is cooking a special gourmet dinner for me tonight and I am having lunch with some friends I haven't seen for a year so it should be a good birthday day.
I am hoping for a 42" TV but I will probably only get Tshirts and socks.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi all,
nice spring day here in the heart of Texas, almost 9:00am and about 65F. Gonna work in the the yard and then head out to both of my nephews opening day baseball games.
Rack up that OT Massey then spend some quality time with the family.
Enjoy your Saturday classmates.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Happy birthday to me.
My daughter-in-law is cooking a special gourmet dinner for me tonight and I am having lunch with some friends I haven't seen for a year so it should be a good birthday day.
I am hoping for a 42" TV but I will probably only get Tshirts and socks.
Happy B-Day Fub!!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Fubar!

Oh by the way....GO MSU!!!

Final four tonight.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Fubar!!

Hope you have a great day and that you get that 42" tv, or a nice t-shirt and socks.