Notices

Class of December Part 3

Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Hey flutter, I missed you too! I missed sharig my life and trials with all of you guys. I had to get serious about my job search. I am happy to report I got two part-time jobs this week! One is working as a sales rep. for a marketing firm. Taking phone calls generated by info-mercials. I've worked for this company twice before. The other job is very part-time. Going into different stores, restaurants, etc & writing reviews on how the service was, compliance to co. policy etc. Neither job will make me rich but they are fun and the best part is being able to get a new keyboard at the end of the month! I have never been so bad off financially as I have since this fall, when hubby got laid off .

I am having tech problems now I spilled tea on my key oard & the bottom row of the key oard does not work, so I have to use the 'on-screen keyboard for all the bottom row letters!!! Takes forever to write anything!

Everyone have a good week-end!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey Friends =) Just popping in quickly because I"m so tired! I rode 4miles on my bike today and also did a 1mile walk. I came home and showered and realized I"M SUNBURNED!!!! Sucks. The Sun is starting to get back to it's full force down here in Florida so no more long sleeves that cover me up, time to stock up on sunscreen! I hate getting sunburned =(

I hope you are all having a great weekend~
Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
mergirl

ewww, I hate sunburn too! That is the one part of my job that I am not crazy about. I am outside from 7am til anywhere from 12-3, and even with sunblock its bound to do damage. I am hoping in summer I can train myself to where long sleeves, but I'm such a tank top kinda girl><
Old 03-15-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
mergirl

Bleh. I got a call from one of the people I was hoping never to hear from again after "the night" I quit drinking. I missed the call, and no message was left. I had been thinking about getting a new number, now I wish I had.
My stomach is in knots. Shame, hatred and resentment are such powerfully negative emotions.

I reckon I will heal and in time this wont bother me to the point of being physically sick, right? I mean, I have been through much worse. I have buried people I thought I would follow right in to the grave, my grief was so immense.

At this point, I have no desire to work through any of it, I just want it to go away. Funny thing is, the thought of any substance to take it away is repulsive to me. I have such a tight, tenuous hold on the chaos it inspires in me, I dare not "loosen up".

Happy Sunday morning class!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lisa~ I'm sorry to hear this happened Girl. Yeah, the feeling eventually goes away, but I'll be honest it takes a long time. At least for me it did. Maybe you can do something nice for yourself today? That way you don't have to "work" through it at the moment, but you can help it go away, kwim? Love you lots and feel free to PM me if you want to talk, okay?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks <3 He actually texted me back this morning and asked when the annual camping trip was. I told him The hub and I were doing yellowstone instead this year, and they would have to get someone else to host. He wrote back with a simple "boooo".
So, another 3 months will probably go by before I talk to him again, and I should be 3 months older by then
Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

''This too will pass''. I use that saying alot to get me through some tough times...or...This I Must Endure (acronym for 'time') and of course...''time heals all wounds''...

All the old memories will fade and b replaced by new sober ones.

I am having a nice mellow day. Going to take a walk arounnd the block in a bit. Then go to a meeting tonight. I also have to do laundry so I have clothes to wear for work this week. I am very excited about going back to work!

Suzi, I just love biking so much! Every year I plan on getting a bike, and every year I dont. So I am going to make it a goal that in this first year of sobriety that I will buy a bike. Anyone else have any goals for their first year? Gee, I am thinking of Warren & Charles and all their accomplishmennts already! Hmmmm...ok, I'll add two more things to the list. Staying in my job for at least 6 months before taking any break during slow season, and find another apartment! So my 1st year plan of action is going to b called...''Plan JAB''....(job, apt. bike).

Hugs everyone!
Dori
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Sea Horse - add another Charles accomplishment to the list. I can't believe I finished that room. I will post pictures later as proof and you guys will witness just how anal I am.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Lisa, good job getting thru all that! I ran into an old bar buddy yesterday (she looked like walking HELL), at Target, asking me where i"ve been etc.. Let her know I quit drinking a few months back she was just like "oh... " didn't care, I know for people that have issues it can really strike a chord in their own mind about their own drinking, and she's for SURE got problems w/ her drinking. Oh well, I left the brief visit knowing I felt a LOT healthier than she does.

Today we're going to Phantom of the Opera, I've been several times, my husband never has so that should be interesting, I hope he likes it! Then dinner downtown somewhere nice.

Nothin else going on.. I don't feel that good today, tired or something.. Stayed up really late for some reason (which I never do anymore) and then slept until 10:30.. usually I'm up around 6:45/7am, I think it just threw my system out of whack a little.

I hope you're all doing great, I'll check in later!

xox
Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
mergirl

What room Charles? I must have missed something.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Lisa -- this is the storage room I tackled. There was crap everywhere waist deep. I had SCUBA gear all unorganized and now everything is packed by category and in those clear plastic tubs.

That white round thing on the left side about 1/3 down is my jerky maker.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
mergirl

well, the categories are pretty anal, but true ocd probably wouldn't have let it get that bad:P Wanna do my storage room next?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
mergirl

So the guy who text me wasn't even there that night, but I just got a text back saying "this isn't because of the (uhg, word I can't even say yet) thing is it.

So tomorrow I will get a new number
Old 03-15-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Lisa~ That sucks Hon, I'm so sorry
Old 03-15-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Lisa -- I don't want you to talk about what happened if you already have ... or if you don't want to. But, did you write about before and I can just go back over old threads and read it?

I'm guessing you had a pretty bad/embarrassing/illegal something kind of last night, but I am not remembering what happened.

Just trying to get on the same page.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
mergirl

was really bad, private messaged you
Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning friends!

Hope your weekends were great

Lisa, I also think a new number would be good for ya, then you don't even have to stress when you get texts or messages/calls, EVER again. I remember your heart wrenching posts from when you first appeared here, and I think whatever that "thing" is, for all of us that caused this turning point in our lives is worth holding on to only so much that it never causes you to forget where you were. I spent a lot of time the past few counsling sessions working on the difference between "forgiving myself" and "forgetting the past". My counselor, wise ol guy he is, pretty harshly reminded me that I should NEVER forget, but I HAVE to forgive.. however, that's a long process that we all go through on different timelines. If remembering that night gives you strength to carry on as strongly as you have, well maybe that's what it's for, ya know? But, forgiving yourself in time, will only allow even more strength to keep things going. In time...

Warren, maybe there's a way to get a snapshot recording from the 100th night.. even if not, you know we'll be there in spirit and just beaming for you and all your successes so far, and to come.

I had a great day yesterday, went downtown to see Phantom, which I LOVE.. hubby had never been, his idea of going to a "show" equates to the Blue Man Group (which I also do like..). I thought it would be a good 'first' for him, but as I was watching the play I realized how confusing the story is, especially for a first timer. For those of you who haven't seen it, the setting of a play is an opera theater.. so it's a play about an opera house where they rehearse DIFFERENT operas and sometimes the stage is facing you, sometimes they switch it up to show what's happening backstage at the fictional opera house.. oh man that had to have confused him. But, he enjoyed it for me, and after we went to one of our fave seafood restaurants (I think there's a few around the country), McCormicks and had oysters, clam chowder, calamari, steamed mussels and clams and amazing scallop and shrimp fettucini alfredo.. geesh I'm still stuffed.

I have to run to work, I'll catch up more later. Have a fabulous day!

Oh, and Charles, I LOVE organizing things like that.. I don't do it enough, but I was once called the "queen of tabs", not only would I organize rooms/clothes etc, but I would also put tabs in all my books thru school or any other reference type books I owned. It feels so good to make things orderly!

Ok, talk to ya later!!

xoxo
Old 03-16-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just stopping by to say Hello =) Didn't sleep well last night...actually haven't slept well for a few weeks now. Bad dreams, waking up a lot during the night, it sucks.

I'll try and come back later when I'm more energized and awake!

XOXO
Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

If it makes anyone feel better about me ... I am proud to say, since I threw a bunch of stuff out of those containers - some of the labels are WRONG (say it isn't so - the horror).
Old 03-16-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

haha.. we have a storage unit that I don't think I've ever visited. My mom once told me that "if you don't use something in a years' time, throw it out". I'm horrified at the thought of throwing anything there away, yet have absolutely no desire to visit said storage unit. We're so crazy Wonder what's in that thing...

Oh, and Warren, you being a writer and such.. I am reading this book series, and there are so many typos in it I think you would have a nervous breakdown. The entire series. It's like they used spell check, and just left it... the typos ARE words, just not the right ones. I think this last one that drove me nuts was a sentence, "She dried here yes, and didn't cry anymore" ARRGHHH that shoulda been "her eyes".. then right after that "she wiped he cheek".. damn spell checkers instead of real life editors. (course if it bothers me it probably bothers most people, I'm terrible with grammar and spelling and all that jazz.. probably drives you insane to read my posts laden with unnecessary commas and ...'s he he)