Class of December Part 3

Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
mergirl

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaw
Old 05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Congrats Warren. I know I am very proud of you. I hope you are able to relax your brain now.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Just checking in.. Happy Saturday!!

Warren, congrats !!! I'm so excited for you. One of these days we'll be able to read everything, I hope

So I rented a doppler to try to hear the baby's heartbeat, and it came yesterday..
Check this out:

Oh baby!: <3 beat...

Old 05-16-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
mergirl

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee, heart beat!!!! So exciting!!!!

I cried a little hahaha

My boss has been out on maternity leave, she brought the boy in for us to meet Thurs. Before she got there, all the young guys were talking about how either boring or scary newborns are, and how much they hated when people would say "want to hold him". She gets there and my hands are already out hahaha. I LOVE babies:P
Old 05-17-2009, 07:42 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
mergirl

I love filling new spaces Warren, and then sitting in them and enjoying!=)

I got an email from the ex-sister-in-law, (the one who caught me with her husband bleh)saying when she thought about, it "really wasn't that big a deal". She wants me to forgive him because "he was as drunk" as I was, and forget it ever happen so we can go back to being friends. . .

I wrote her back and told her I had forgiven everyone, but that I wasn't going to forget, and that I loved her.

I have no desire to hang out with that whole crowd anymore, all that we have ever done together is party anyway. And I feel icky for her, she has to make excuses for a cheating husband AND a drunk. It was weird, but not too weird, which is good because I reckon I'm over the really bad feelings.

Yellowstone is coming up, we leave Saturday. Originally I had hoped that it would bring us closer, but I think I am o.k. with that not happening as well. I am a little lonely, but I like being with me for the most part so that's ok. I scheduled my test for my job advancement which will give me the financial means to live on my own, and in the mean time I will just keep reading, feeling and learning.

Love you guys, Dori, I miss you!

I saw tennisbum on SR today and sent him a message but I guess he didn't stick around.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
mergirl

The only thing forgetting will do Warren is give me room to make the same mistake twice. I hope your visit with dad and your mom's grave will be peaceful, even though I know it will hurt. I guess it will be real quiet here next week as I am in Yellowstone, we will have to dig our thread out and bump it when we get back=)
Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Hey gang: I just touched down in Salt Lake City. Just a short stop over before Anchorage.

This will be a good test, because I relate cruise ships to drinking non-stop. I did three cruises last year (Sept - Sept) and they were all classic drunk-fests.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
mergirl

You strike me as a pretty disciplined dude, you wont have a problem as long as you recognize the alki voice when it whispers "you can totally handle your drinking now"

Have fun=)
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
mergirl

Warren you are smarter than that! Come on, you know that stupid voice will tell you anything.

Look, if I have learned one thing from SR, it's that people who go back to drinking seem to have it much worse then before quitting. You got so much going on in your life right now, can you really afford to pick up the bottle?

My shoulder Devil tried to convince me yesterday that every year I should get drunk on my sobriety date. A year is a respectable number to repeat over and over. How stupid is that? First of all, I KNOW it wouldn't be as fun as it seems in my head. Second of all, I KNOW it wouldn't be one day. And I'm afraid I might never stop again. Anyway, pull your head out of your a$$ and quit romantisizing! You are happy sober, and you can't be sober while your drinking
Old 05-20-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Warren, I find it helpful to go back and read my old posts.

Complacency is the root of a lot of relapses.. if I learned anything from counseling it is that.. to stay vigilant, never complacent.

I hope you stay strong, but you're also an adult, and you'll make whatever choice you feel is best (you KNOW what's best..).

Are you still not getting any outside support from here? If my recovery journey was only limited to a very private (tho it doesn't seem it sometimes) online forum, I don't know what I would do. I have to LIVE recovery, sobriety, whatever you call it, not just post here and try to eek out support while going about daily life as though it doesn't exist. NOt saying you do that, but I don't know, and that would be impossible for me. I know that the counseling, and being very very open about my sobriety has really kept me in check.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates~ I hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm doing good, sober and happy =)

Warren~ Congratulations on finishing your book! I can only imagine how proud and excited you are =) I'm happy for you Sweetie~

Take Care everyone! XOXO
Old 05-20-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
mergirl

Zomg i love you suz~!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I actually totally forgot that your committment was for a year.. but I think you told us that.

Mine has to be forever.. it's not optional for my brain to think otherwise, and takes away a LOT of stress knowing it's just gone.. whew.

I hope one day you're there, and if you aren't.. well I hope that you are safe and all that mushy stuff. Kinda scares me to read it to be honest.

LOL and i meant outside of SR, not just this thread, silly.. however.. I honestly don't know what type of support would help with committing to a year. To me that's a break.

See, now my head is spinning LOL.. I'm gonna stop now and enjoy the rest of the evening

We just found out about an hour ago that we got the house I'm so excited and scared it's ridiculous. And tomorrow I have my 12 week NT scan/ultrasound.. it's the really important "is the baby ok" one.. luckily I decided to work 1/2 day til the appt, then I wont go so batty sitting here thinking about it all morning!!!

Yay Suz, thanks for checkin in!

Gonna go grill some stuff and stare at the virtual tour of our house
Old 05-20-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
mergirl

Wooohoooooooooo! How exciting for you!!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi! I just wanted to pop in and say how proud I am of all of you! So many good things happening!

Warren, the addictive voice is very sly. It whispers, it yells, it pleads but most of all, it lies. A good friend of mine just "celebrated" his 30 days sober by getting ripped. Convinced a set amount of time passed without a drink had "cured" him. Today, he is filled with remorse, anger and self-pity. I don't know where he will go from here but it once again re-enforced my belief that the addictive voice is always lurking, wanting and waiting for a good enough lie to seduce us again into that sad state of active drinking/using.

Good for you for recognizing it and calling it out for the liar it is!

I'm so impressed and happy for all in this most special class!

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-22-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
mergirl

Be extra loving and gentle to yourself this week honey. I leave tomorrow morning for Yellowstone, I wont be back til thursday or friday.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Just checkin in..

Everything's good here.

My NT scan was a no go, the baby was 2mm too small (maybe they should have listened to me when I told them I wasn't the week ahead they think I am!), so I go back on Thursday. Makes me nervous though, I think I have a slow grower. I know he or she is ok, at least today, I heard the heartbeat and even heard him or her moving around in there, especially if I would talk.. kinda crazy. I can kinda feel something going on in there, but it's way too early for real kicks or anything, but boy does this kid like to run laps or something!

I hope everyone is doing ok

xox
Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Flutter,

It's better to have a little tyke with a pointed head.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Heathen

I thought it died in here, I just wanted to say that it's great that you're all doin so great!! Rock on.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Hey everyone ... I am home safe and sober. I will have a ton of pics to share with everyone very soon.

I was very good on the trip. I had a couple of situations where I acted in a certain way I want to discuss with you all. But for now I have my friend still here and will have tell you all later.

I am doing well though, and actually a lot more confident after this trip.