Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

I think the warmth from fizzy's post has charmed me

Jig good to see you back mate.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

works technically over.

At the worst of my drinking I really thought it is what i needed...I even thought that if i went to the dr. he would say i needed to drink (well ok...a year before I quit i went to the dr. and that isn't what he said)....that is the WORST place to get stuck jiggy....not to be harsh but wow....please sort that crap out of your head as quickly as you can.

I'm one of those who drank to cry...cause it was only when drunk that i could let out the rage fear and anger i had inside....i wasn't exactly a pleasant drunk...I also drunk dialed away a very good friendship...whining about my hard life.

One of the hard things this weekend was needing desperately to cry and knowing that all the fear rage and pain would come out if I just had a drink.... and i wanted desperatly to release some of that cause it was eating me up! and also knowing i wouldn't reach out to others like I should if i wasn't drunk....

so i did cry some, i did reach out some, and i am learning how to get through that crap sober instead of relying on a drink to release it in me.

Rant over and

I am soo soo soo sooo glad you are back. You know i'm always afraid one of us is gonna die out there. Now wouldn't that suck.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

So what do I do different this time?
Everything, mate?
Goes for you too Wonkey.

Good to see you both back.
D
Old 02-17-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, Im glad to see I'm not the only one struggling, I had a drink just over a week ago and after that as I was going to stay at my sisters I assumed I would end up repeating the offence, but I didn't!!

I really wanted to though!

I've just got home and before I got on the bus to get here I bought a bottle of vodka, because nothing makes a long bus journey more fun than being drunk (not).

To my own surprise I kept putting off drinking it and ended up dumping it in a bin at the services, good for me. lol

I still feel crap but sober crap and that will do for now.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Awwww Ally (hug)

I'm glad you didn't drink that bottle, but you know...it really gets easier to be sober when we can get farther away from the drink..try to catch ourselves before we have the drink in our hand

I think it's awsome you were able to stop yourself by delaying it...I have had to do that on a number of occasions...just delay going to the liquier store for one more minite, one more hour..

On the good days I am so busy dealing with life that I never even get close enough to think about a drink....cause i'm dealing with life before it gets to that desperation point.

I'm off to bed... see..that is staying farther from the drink for me..get enough rest and eat proper food....keeps the drink farther away in my opinion

nitey nite
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
getting there

Nands is getting a full night of sleep... ...is the world ending?

Good to see everyone back here! I have been having a lot of drinking thoughts and dreams lately. I feel like I'm almost planning a relapse... BAD. It just feels like I've had to white-knuckle more days than not lately, having a hard time getting the thought of a drink out of my head in spite of all the reasons not to go there. Trying to figure out why... there doesn't seem to be an obvious reason.

:wtf2
Old 02-17-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep posting while you're figuring CG...do anything but drink, ok?

D
Old 02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
getting there

I will, I promise. I'm definitely okay for tonight as I have pajamas on and a towel on my hair. It's not really an "I need to drink right now" craving, it's like a "how can I stop obsessing over it except to get it out of my system", if that makes any sense.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Morning all :ghug

I had a really restless night last night. Normally I sleep so soundly when I don't drink. I still feel much better though than I would of had I drank

CG hang in there :ghug3
Old 02-18-2009, 12:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Morning you gorgeous sexy beasts!!! I'm talking to you nands!!!!!!!!

How we feeling?

Slept like a log last night. Awesome!!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:38 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

cg - you're craving alcohol because you're an alcoholic!! It's your disease talking to you!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

CG....maybe....just maybe....think about going to an AA meeting? Don't know if you've ever tried, and it might not help...but sometimes I wonder if you don't just get bored...need to feel like you are doing something different.

OK guys....I will have no internet tonight..cable guy comes Thurssday to hook us up.

Then since mom is here, i will not be on much Sat/Sun....after this weekend i will have to start setting some boundries with her on that....Course for the last month i have been acting like a 5 year old, so no suprise that people are treating me like one....I'm not even convinced that to have a childish period of time is such a horrid thing...just need to not be like that all the time...just needed some extra support and maybe i haven't learned how to get it other than by behaving like a child....sigh something more to learn

anyways...thought i'de let you all know the deal so you wouldn't be thinking I ran off with some sexy boy and left you all behind :ghug2
Old 02-18-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheWonkydonkey View Post
Morning you gorgeous sexy beasts!!! I'm talking to you nands!!!!!!!!

How we feeling?

Slept like a log last night. Awesome!!

Thats about what i look like.....Wonkey I should have guessed you were into that furry thing...what's it called???? saw a CSI based on those people once ti was really quite funny lol
Old 02-18-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
getting there

Nands you look like Snuffleupagus.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

That elephant looks like its wearing a nappy (thats diaper to our doodle friends)

I've got cold feet

Not about the booze thing, i've just got cold feet. I reckon I might need to put some shoes on

Anybody here sell much on Ebay?

I've just sold some stuff and some whining fucktard is moaning like fook about something. £400 worth of computer gear and he pays £70 and then moans and whines because its slightly different to the auction listing

I want to kill em...

Drag em out of the house and stab em with blunt spoons

die you fookin whining arse die....

Yes the anger management is going well, thanks for asking
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

wonkey...just settle down.

I didn't get the lid on my cucumber salad so along with a million other things going wrong this morning I and my work papers and have my stuff in the car and the car smell like pickle juice.....I REFUSE to get drunk over smelling like pickle juice!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Wonkey, are you on coke? Yes, you must be as accurate as humanly possible with your ebay listings, very important!

Be brave about the pickles nands. I have my teenage daughter ranting at me for the third night in a row. I do sometimes wonder, is this all there is to life. Work, cleaning the house and screaming kids.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Wonky you have been on that PS3 long enough! it's starting to effect your behaviour

Nands pickle juice?? why did you have pickle juice in the car? I thought you were moving things out of the hotel this morning.

LB yes we have no other purpose
Old 02-18-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by TheWonkydonkey View Post
I think the warmth from fizzy's post has charmed me
You want warmth, think you've got me confused with either a blanket or an electric fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if its a nice cosy cuddle you want, then buy a dog !!!!!!!

If however you want some support to stop these drinking binges every 10 days or though, that I am willing to try and help with.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by allport View Post
Im glad to see I'm not the only one struggling,
Good old British team spirit eh !!!!!!!!!!

Thats what saw us through the Blitz, I say old chap, glad to see the Jerries bombed your house, wouldn't of liked if it was just mine !!!!!!!!!!

well, I wouldn't want Wonkey to think I'm just picking on him !!!

Good to see you back Allport, hope it works out for you