Notices

Bottoms Part 106

Old 12-11-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Great snow pics, Tan! Wow, who would have thought?! Is that a Cadillac in your driveway? WOW!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Has anyone else tried putting a YouTube song on their profile? I keep trying. don't have it yet.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

What did the Gov do?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Morning peeps . I feel like I may be coming down with something. Headachey... tumor acting up probably. I made the boys their lunch and crawled back into bed until 10am when Mr. GT asked if I was sleeping. He got an email from the mortgage person. They got the appraisal back... it's higher! That dashes our hope to chop down the price a little. She did mention hopefully getting us to close by Christmas . Crossing fingers.

Tanho... snow in Texas. Yay for you. Please keep it down there. We've only had a very light dusting so far.

Hi RK .

I'm sorry I missed the posting wars between Dee & Ro.

Hi scaredy, Jules, K...if I missed anyone, blaming it on the headache.

I can't get sick now. I have a full weekend of teacher training starting Friday.

Stone... check into a rehab. There, I said it. I'm not joking either. All other attempts have basically failed. Or fallen short. I know you said you were going to meetings but I don't really think you gave them a chance. I know I don't do AA myself but I also don't live the same lifestyle as I did when I was drinking. I'm busy, out in the real world (when I'm not on the computer ) doing stuff. Training, yoga, teaching, helping out at school etc. as well as on retainer patrol. You can't sit at home, doing the same thing. You're bound to slip if you don't make MAJOR changes.

Don't hate me babes... I'm just saying it cuz I love and care about you .
Old 12-11-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by stone View Post
What did the Gov do?
well, this is what really seems to be pissing people off, but it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Ill. governor arrested in corruption scandal

CHICAGO – Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested Tuesday on charges he brazenly conspired to sell or trade President-elect Barack Obama's vacant Senate seat to the highest bidder as part of what federal prosecutors called a "political corruption crime spree."

how are ya today, stone? speak up, mister! :ghug3

feel better soon, gyspy! hugs to you TOO!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Scaredy I haven't tried to put a youtube vid on my profile yet but I will prolly try tonight.
I can't access YT at work.

Gyps I am sorry you are feeling poorly - take this as a sign from your body that you need to rest, maybe? Give your body time to heal. And btw, bang on post to Paul about sobriety/life changes. You hit on a major point IMO.

Hi to everyone else - we are preparing to move at work - we are having construction tomorrow so I'll only be in for a half day but will havta work on Sunday! SUCKS!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I still can't get it. I give up for now. This is the one I wanted. I'm a heavy medal girl.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
I want it in my signature line not as an avie...but i cant manage to get it in there...help????
It's only a small pic, if you right click on and view properties so it should work.

Tanya - great pictures.
Gyps - hope you feel better soon oxo
Old 12-11-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I am OK thanks K.

Gyps, no to rehab, yes to life changes. I can't suddenly have kids with retainers but I could be more active.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Stoney. I just want you to know that I really care about you. I don't want you to die from this awful disease. My step-sister is in final stages of liver failure right now. It is an awful death. I just don't know what else to say. I love you.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
let it grow!

is there anything i can do to help you, stone? i want you sober and healthy so badly. but i know i can't control your drinking. but if there's anything i can do to help you from afar, i certainly will. meanwhile, i'll keep trying to let go and let god over here..

:ghug3
Old 12-11-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Thanks Tan and K, there is nothing anyone can do. I have been in AA for 16 months, done the steps, got a sponsor. I try to live the Program. I have been to out-patient rehab.
I WILL do it, I hope it will be this time. :ghug
Old 12-11-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by stone View Post
I WILL do it, I hope it will be this time. :ghug
me too, stone, me too.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I really hope you hit bottom this time too Stoney. Your one of the people on here that helped me get sober. I'll be 1 year next month. I'll pray this is it for you. You definitely don't want to die from this disease. My grandfather did before I was born. I never got to met him.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thanks for sharing the snow pics Tanya! Hey, maybe Phoenix is next for a big blizzard? We've got plenty of gloves, need 'em for our yearly trip to Flagstaff to play in the snow

One of my former sponsees picked up a newcomer chip last night. This is the same guy who's been a chronic relapser for the past few years. He drank on Sunday and didn't bother to show up for work on Monday. Fired. Gave away a 48k teaching job.

The meeting last night was great. Step meeting and it was chaired by a hardcore old-timer, and the speaker was brutally honest about what happens when we continue to drink, the insanity leads some of us to death. He read the 1940 AA Preamble. Thought I'd share a portion of it, maybe someone here can relate?

An Alcoholics Anonymous is an alcoholic who through application and adherence to the A.A. program has forsworn the use of any and all alcoholic beverage in any form.

The moment he takes so much as one drop of beer, wine, spirits or any other alcoholic beverage he automatically loses all status as a member of Alcoholics Anonymous.

A.A. is not interested in sobering up drunks who are not sincere in their desire to remain sober for all time. Not being reformers, we offer our experience only to those who want it.

The Preamble can be read in it's entirety here 1940 AA Preamble
Old 12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Good grief.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tanya, is Allie a beagle? Looks like it from the snow picture.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting that 40's preamble Astro. I have a copy of that in my documents.

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
The moment he takes so much as one drop of beer, wine, spirits or any other alcoholic beverage he automatically loses all status as a member of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Thank God that doesn't happen today.

Well, have a good day everyone. Got to start my chili. Take care of yourself Stone.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Stone I love you. Please don't be flippant (the retainer comment was a joke). I just want to see you well and you know that.

I need rest but not today. I have to go to Barnes and Noble for a secret santa gift and Wal-Mart (God help me). I hope I'm not there as long as K was!

Hi Astro .
Old 12-11-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Paul, none of us can give you the Recovery you say you want. We each have our own journey. But don't give up. I was in and out of AA for almost 4 years - relapsing - before I got sober. People told me it would get worse. People told me the yets would happen. People tried to help me but I just carried on drinking. And everything they said came true. I am what you call a low bottom drunk; I lost everything and ended up picking up dog ends outside tube stations and asking people on the streets for money. When I first went to AA, I had some dignity and self respect. In the end none of that mattered to me except the vodka. Not even the hallucinations, appalling blackouts, trips to A&E stopped me, until ONE DAY, I had had enough. The penny dropped. So no matter how hard it all seems right now, just don't give up on getting sober. Try not to pick up that first drink one day at a time. AA works, if you work it - so you've got to put the action in mate, and like I say, no-one can do it for you.
:ghug