Notices

Bottoms Part 106

Old 12-11-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

This post was never here

Crap!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Goddamn it I don't wanna go to Al-Anon but I'm gonna havta learn how to detach with love here.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I do love you Ro, I don't know how I would handle it either if things were the other way around.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Can we make that the last now please?

This is turning into a re-run of last time. Do people really think 'a stern talking to' is what I need?
No .

Stoney tell me what you do need and I'll do my best to help you with it. If you don't want tough fine, if you just want banter, fine. Do you want love, support & advice? If so man up and be prepared to listen. EVERYONE here cares about you. EVERYONE! It's hard to watch you fall and struggle to feel better only to fall again. You're not a child and should be above the stern talkings to but... it seems that you're just not getting it and too many times now. It's been 2 years since you and I became friends HERE on Sober Recovery. I struggled too. I went to IOP. I've made changes in my life. I am sober. Some of it is because of your friendship and help. Tell me what you need... I'll do it babes .
Old 12-11-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It doesn't work and I would appreciate it if people stopped doing it.
Disregard my posts to you on the subject then .
Old 12-11-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Advice is best listened to when it has been asked for babes. The best way to love and support me now is to be a friend. I know that comes with advice rights but too many people doing it at the same time drives me mad. I do realise I have been a pissy baby again though, I should have stayed away longer until I was less of a baby, emotionaly.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

And with that I will take my dummy (pacifier) to bed. End of drama.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:40 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Feeling embarassed now.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

How do I multi-quote? I wanna multi-quote your message.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
let it grow!

CHICAGO (Reuters) – Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich clung to his office on Thursday despite mounting pressure to quit, including a renewed call for his resignation from an "appalled" President-elect Barack Obama.
The 52-year-old Democrat left his home in Chicago, once again eluding a news media crowd waiting outside, driving to an undisclosed location two days after he was charged with trying to shake down people for political favors.

oh goodie, he's not home. gonna make my egging a LOT easier ..
Old 12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

clearly, we need Eric

I just highlight the quotes I want, cut and paste and use the little speech bubble in the tool bar here, Ro Ro

D
Old 12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Advice is given when necessary. Your refusal to listen and realize that it's being given out of love is pissy. I don't see anyone ganging up on you. No one. Everyone seems to be saying the same thing. What does that tell you? Hmmm? Listen when you're ready. I pray by then it isn't too late. I can't NOT say anything though. That just wouldn't be me. It wouldn't be me being your friend.

If you want me to gloss over this and go back to banality then fine.If that's what our friendship means to you I guess I can do that. Until next time.

*sigh*
Old 12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Feeling embarassed now.
don't be embarrassed, stone. be grateful for some many folks who care about you.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Ro.... click the multi quote in as many messages you want to quote, then hit post reply. You can edit out the parts you don't need.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
You don't need to leave here. You don't need to be sober to be here. You know that. Quit being all pissy already. You remind me of my sister when you act this way.
Paul, if you really feel like you're being ganged up on or being on the receiving end of a "stern talking to", I'll drop it right now and won't mention anything again. You've been posting on SR for much longer than I have, I know you'll find recovery when you're damn good and ready, it won't have anything to do with some crap AA literature that I posted.

Last year I attended a memorial service for a woman from our AA group. Her ex had abandoned her and their two kids. She relapsed and died from an overdose, those kids live with their grandparents now. I've been in AA for almost 4 years, each year we have those memorials for many of our members. Some of them die sober, but a few go by suicide or accidental overdoses.

When I'm an old-timer I'm sure that I'll have seen so many come and go in the program, the percentages who come in and stay are frighteningly small. I'll never forget Father's Day 2005 though, because I had made the decision that day to end my life by overdosing on pills or jumping into traffic. I was 5 months sober. Thank God there were people in AA who loved me unconditionally, just like the people here on Bottoms and SR. I would've never made it this far if they hadn't ganged up on me that night.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by parentrecovers View Post
don't be embarrassed, stone. be grateful for some many who care about you.
Ditto!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Thanks Deedums I'll try that. I don't know about this speech bubble thing, though.

K - it's no fun egging his house if he's NOT THERE! Where's the thrill in that?

And I'm like Gyps, Paul. I can DO banality. I don't want to, but I can and will if that's what you need from me.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:50 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Some have lost patience and some are on their last nerve with concern and some both, probably.
I might lose my patience when I think recovery is taken too lightly, but I will never stopped being concerned about another alcoholic. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
let it grow!

but the eggs will have plenty of time to freeze and stick.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I think everyone's afraid that by keeping it light, and moving along like nothing's happened - we might lose you Stone. I can feel people trying so hard to chose the right words - the ones that might make a difference this time. You played a huge part in my sobriety, if you go away because you're annoyed with the reactions, I'll consider it a personal loss.