# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Clean House Time Part 4

continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Another chance to make a difference in our lives of Recovery..... Wow....

Take today and think about your Recovery..... by finding that large blank sheet of paper and map out our life and when you found Recovery to fill in the rest of your life....

Making the most of the 12 steps today is also part of my life and so many AA members as well......... cleaning your inner house takes time and patience.... So make the most of it today...

I start my day with a gentle walk when so many others are still asleep ... this is early at 5am or 6am..... the neighborhood is still asleep and so quiet..... the stars are out if the fog hasn't rolled in over night...... I like the calm as it reminds me of my recovery and how the calm feeling feels good.... and when the day Wakes up.... there is disrupt from time to time..... But when you get to meetings and work your program in the 12 steps there is a calm feeling that will continue..... YOU ARE IN CHARGE..... MAKE THE MOST OF RECOVERY......

Words for thought today......

SEEKING THE RIGHT PATH

FACE FEARS

HONESTY

BALANCE

COMMUNICATION

TRUST

SURRENDER

GRATITUDE

BALANCE ( SECOND TIME AROUND)

Ok .... I put BALANCE down twice..... this is ok.... Start your day with Balancing out your Recovery program and making the changes on your Step work.... helps... then end your day with Balance and see the progress you have made.....

Seeking the right path ...... is to keep your feet firm in Recovery and don't stray off this path.... it is a good path to stick to as there is so much to look forward to and many possibilities to a better life..... YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE CHANGES TO KEEP YOUR PROGRAM GOING...... no one else can fix your life... because this is your life and you need to do the work...

YES... WORK.... there is work in making the most of life in recovery and to Balance out the steps helps in cleaning our inner house....

Today ..... take each step slow and make the most of what it meant to you....

I have worked my steps out on paper as if it were a Cartoon.... YES... CARTOON.... it helps me to look back at my life in a NUT SHELL.... as some might say... but it really helps me.. In fact I just found my CARTOON drawings that had been tucked away for years... YES...YEARS.... After I got married I put so many of my written stuff away so that I may make a better life for myself and keep moving forward with Recovery in a Better way...

I still make the most of the steps as I keep working them over and over again many times...... this is my life.... Recovery is my life with so many other things going on...

COMMUNICATION and TRUST IN FAITH.... keeps my program going.... and today I ask GOD to help me through the most difficult PATHS I have to WALK...

Take the day slow and thank God for what you have in your Program today.... Get to a meeting and talk about how you have changed over the years, months or days... of your life in Recovery........ Be Greatful for today...
Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cleaning house and getting rid of those spiders today.... don't need the webs around as they are making a mess of my life.....

so working the steps and making the most of what I read and write is the important thing I can do for today....

looking for all the Hugs I can get for the day...... life is difficult for many reasons.... God is in control I know..

Understanding why difficult days come.... another thorn in my side and working my program helps to keep my feet on the ground and not forget Recovery and all it has taught me from day one....... way back in 1986.... OK .. Maybe I am considered an "OLD TIMER" .... but I have those difficult day just like anyone who is just getting started in Recovery....

Life has to go on.... YES.... and I pray for Peace of Mind and Peace of Heart to keep my life in recovery safe for me.... Cleaning my inner house on a quiet morning before the world wakes up around me is a good thing....... I found Peace in the early morning and God has given me that to really look at JUST BEFORE I GET GOING ON MY DAILY WALK FOR THE DAY...... this is a good thing..... Hope you can all find that in your Morning before you get started....

Word for the moment...... "STORMS IN RECOVERY AND LIFE"

"TOTAL FRUSTRATION"

Praying for you all and myself........ Hugs for all those that still suffer as well...
Old 10-31-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee74 for checking on my stuff here...... Hugs for you today....

As for the rest of us the Storm has caused so much damage and I am Grateful for the calm we have in my neighborhood...... We are praying for all those that are still affected by the nasty "Sandy" storm......

Grateful for today and all that it has to offer me.... but I need peace of heart and pray for those that still suffer at this time....

Taking that walk while I can before the rain comes out way thrusday night in California.... Yes... I am a california kid and proud of it....grew up in the mountains with all the wild animals you can only dream of..... what fun that was...

Today I am thinking about life in recovery and cleaning that inner house that we have to take care of each day..... sometimes we just stuff the cleaning aside for other things.... But working the 12 steps is important and getting started in the early morning before you go to work is a good thing...

I ask God for patience to start my day off....and before everyone else in my house gets up....... it is dark and sooooo quiet then.... and I can feel God holding my hand when the tears come down my face.... sometimes I try to push Him away and say that he was not protecting my other half from picking up that "D"........ Why me... Why do I have to endure this and continue to work my program for the last 26 1/2 years..... I have lasted this long and have to put up with the ups and downs of my other half.

I do lots....and taking this each day makes me thing of the following words for today.....

PATIENCE

TURN IT OVER

COURAGE

FAITH

HOPE

FORGIVENESS

TRUST

SERENITY PRAYER

From these words I pray lots for change and just Trust God to take care of the rest.... I have to ....

I have to be forgiving and patient in the long run.......but have to Turn It Over as well and keep my program going.....

I walk the path to recovery each day and thank God for keeping my mind on recovery.... this is my life and I can't let go of the most important thing in my life besides my family....

No matter how things go I stay strong for my kid ....and we work together to set that example for my other half..... praying that he will see how wrong it is to be messing up Recovery.... Our house is built on Recovery and all it has taught us.....

Today stay strong while working your steps and cleaning that inner house..... keep up the good work and know that meetings help keep you on your toes as well....

Hugs for all those that need one today and so many prayer for you as well....

Today I pray for those that still suffer for whatever reason..... I hope you find peace within and get back to your meetings..... where your friends are waiting for you....
Old 11-01-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Today other storms within have caused trouble and I have to pray about some changes that need to be made.....

Most of us have storms of our own that we have to make changes and clean up our lives ..... and the clean up isn't easy.... I know that and making the right choices to clean can take time....... Just for today I pray for more than I can handle.... but God is there to pick up the pieces....

Words for thought....

WALK WITH GOD TODAY

PRAY FOR PEACE WITHIN

PEACE OF HEART

ACCEPTANCE

CALMNESS

FORGIVENESS

Each of us has a way to work the 12 steps and we have learned that they are our life set out on paper when we first get started...... make the most of these steps and take your time working them...... Remember these steps are your life....

Forgiveness is such a big word for me and the steps we work tell us about the direction we are to move with this ....... I look forward to just keeping my feet in front of me moving forward and not backwards.

For today..... make the most of what you need to work on and don't look back.... this is your life and cleaning your inner house is the most important thing just for now...
Old 11-09-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today is cold and yet my life in recovery continues.....

Words for thought today...

HONESTY

STEPS IGNORED

CLEANING HOUSE WITHIN....

SERENITY

MEETINGS FOR THE DAY....

SLOW MOVING

FAITH

TRUST

For today I am working the steps I ignored in the last month that i thought were not important in my recovery....... I thought setting them aside for the moment would be good and yet I found that working the steps in order is much better ....... No skipping steps at this time.....

Recovery is too important to make shortcuts.....

Get to meetings today and think about what is being said..... this is your life and the importance of each meeting is one to cherish....

With the holidays just around the corner try to work harder in your program so you can keep your feet firmly on the ground......

These are tough times for most of us and the Holidays don't always bring back happy memories.......... But this time make the most of what you can and try To GIVE BACK...

Giving back is something special...... I have done that and at the same time continue to work my program.....

Hugs to you all today...
Old 11-10-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Taking one day at a time is the peace I look for each day of my own recovery....

The one prayer I like that reminds me to take each day as it comes.....

Serenity Prayer...

God grant me Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time.

Accepting hardships as a pathway to peace.

Taking this world as it is, not as I would have it.

Trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will.

So that I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

TRUSTING

PATHWAY TO RECOVERY

ONE MOMENT AT A TIME

LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME

COURAGE TO CHANGE

WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

This cleaning of our inner house takes lots of patience on our part and makes each day worth living...... this is our lessons learned through all Recovery is to teach and has taught us each day........

Take today and find that right spot for you in your program.... make the most of each day and get to meetings to give yourself more to think about and work.....

This is your life...... work the steps that have been the toughest for you....... no matter how many times you have already worked them...

If you are just getting started in your step work.... take each one slow and think about what is being said for you...... be patient with your work and don't get frustrated....

Hugs for all those that still suffer...
Old 11-11-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Taking today and praying for all those that still suffer......

Making the most of today and each day ...... cleaning my inner house and making each moment I work the steps count for today....

Words for thought....

PRAYER

RECOVERY MOMENTS.... ONE DAY AT A TIME

LOOKING BACK AT DAY ONE.... OF RECOVERY

CHANGE

POSITIVE ATTITUDE

MEETINGS AND WHAT IS THERE FOR ME....

STRAIGHT PATH .....

SLIPS

For today take what speaks to you and work with it as you work your inner house cleaning.... this is your life and mine..... I have taken a couple words and used them for my daily step work......

Positive attitude is one that I think strikes my life for the moment..... and maybe one other like....CHANGE....

I can make my recovery special and one day at a time works for me when thinking about all I have accomplished since day one........

Take each day as it comes and make the most of it..... this is your life in recovery and the Holidays for me are the toughest..... but I manage to get through every day by asking God to help me...... without the faith and strength in God I would not have made it in Recovery....... This is my life and I am proud to be part of recovery and clean my inner house each day.....

Take today and clean your inner house more than you have....... the New Year is just around the corner..... make a fresh start in your life..... Just for today...

Reach out and touch a life.... help someone get started with the Healing....in their lives.......
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cleaning house takes so much time from our day and that is ok when in Recovery....because it is part of the program WE ARE PART OF ONE DAY AT A TIME....

Take a few minutes to work the step you are on and make the most of it.... this is your life and making CHANGES is a good thing to keeping peace within and in your own family if you can each day......

Words for thought today....

FINDING PEACE WITH HOLIDAY FRUSTRATIONS

CALMNESS

TRUST

FAITH

PATIENCE

SELF FORGIVENESS

RESENTMENTS

POSITIVE THINKING

For today find something that helps you through the day and with your step work.... but keep in mind that you owe yourself a meeting today to keep the Peace within Yourself....... and make the most of what is being said... and get in few words yourself if you can...

I remember that with a packed meeting it is tough to get to everyone....if this is the case .... be patient and listen to what is being said... this will help you in some way as you leave to return home..... Take home something that struck you during the meeting and write about it while working your step for the day...

I do this and it helps me get through the tough times of my day.... I have frustrations going on right now with the Holidays here.... But I turn to God for the help I need and think about what I need to work on in my own Recovery..... it helps...

I keep the Positive thinking going and stay calm at the same time.....

Also write out my resentments and more so..... as there is so much to write down about my own recovery and keep my life at Peace within...

I forgive myself for the thoughts that disrupt my Recovery... and take that much needed walk to clear the air within my head..... An early morning walk does a person good to start the day...and end the day....
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today it is time for that much needed walk after the thanksgiving meals you all have been eating...... Wow..... lots of leftovers...

Thinking about words for the day....

PATIENCE

PEACE OF MIND

WALK WITH THE STEPS IN MIND

BE GENTLE WITH SELF

HONESTY

SERENITY PRAYER ...... JUST FOR TODAY...

ONE DAY AT A TIME

PRAYER

Take time today to get a walk in and think about your own recovery and feel the peace as you take that walk.......

Turn to meetings to find what you need to keep your life moving forward......

make the most of cleaning your inner house and keep the steps moving forward.... read each one carefully and take to the pen and write..... Write your inner thoughts about the step you are working.... Just for today...
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One slow step at a time today.... makes recovery time easier for most of us....

Words for thought during this Holiday time......

TOLERANCE

PATIENCE

RECOVERY MEETINGS (MORE THIS TIME OF YEAR THAN USUAL)

HONESTY

WRITING STEPS SLOWLY

GRATITUDE

FLEXIBILITY

INSPIRATION

Think about a couple words today during your Recovery walk.... take the time and clean your inner house and add something to it with the words.... it will help you through the day in many ways..

Honesty this time of year is good for us all...... be honest with yourself in working your program.... some of us just are not honest enough... Think about it..

Be grateful for what you have in Recovery and the meetings will point out many things for you "if you would just listen"..... We all need to listen to our inner self and what is said at meetings...

Give back to the meeting you go to .... by saying something about your day in your personal program and maybe something you are stuck on .....

I have many moments that I am just stuck on in working the steps.... there is a moment in my life that I fought with myself and tried to avoid the real truth about each step I worked....... But today I go back over what I did in the past and think about how I could work that step better today..... YES WORK THE STEPS BETTER THAN THE FIRST TIME.......

Pray about your cleaning of your inner house..... if this is your first time through each step... don't let anyone scare you about what you have to do...... take it slow and even take a walk outside before sitting down to do the work...

I like the walk as it clears the head so easy and eases my mind.... I think about the step and how I can write it down on paper....then Ask God for the extra help to clean up my mind if need be.. This is my life and I want to feel good about what I have to do in my own Recovery program.... working the step I am on today is the right move to a new direction...

Keep up the good work and keep coming back.... you are loved and get lots of Hugs here....
Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Words for thought today.....

SIMPLICITY

TRANSFORMATION

UNDERSTANDING

This is a good time of year to think of so many others and their lives that you have touched in the past and are still connected to them......

In Recovery you can still touch the lives of others in many ways..... reach out and give Hugs to those that need them..... and those you haven't seen in a long time...

Make today special for you to celebrate the Holidays..... get to meetings and make the most of what is being said.... this is your life....

Find what you can out of the meetings you attend..... take home that special message for you... to think about for the day... and while you work the steps in your program...

Have a good day and remember this is a time to reach your to others and put a smile on their life....

I spread the Holiday Cheer by passing out Teddy Bears to those that seem to need one the most.... so this Holiday time my daughter and I have collected those Teddy Bears to pass on to others and have picked Kids... The adult program we wanted to give them to turned us down .... But moving forward we will find a kids program to pass on the love... of these Teddy's .
Old 11-29-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Tough day today and thinking a walk outside between showers might be a good thing....

SLOW WALK FOR RECOVERY

PATIENCE

TOLERANCE

PRAYER

MEETINGS

Making the most of just getting to meetings and what is said at each one attended.... there is so much going on during the Holidays that more meetings are needed to keep the peace within..... especially while working the steps...

Today find that one meeting that will help you just for today.... this is your life so make the most of your step work and keep the peace within...

Be Honest while working the steps...... clean good and keep the spiders away
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today that walk seems so important right now as the Holidays come into play for so many of us and it is the time to think about Recovery even more....... A quiet walk is what God has ordered or the Doctor for those that want to think that way..... as I am looking at it as something that the Holidays and God has ordered for ME.... LITTLE ME A PENGUIN OF THIS RECOVERY LIFE.....

Yes.... I am a little one that wants to keep moving forward with cleaning my inner house no matter how the Holidays dampen my life..... I have to keep moving forward and think about my recovery and how important it is and will remain for the rest of my life....

Words for thought today.......

WILLINGNESS

FLEXIBILITY

HARMONY

ONE DAY AT A TIME

911 EMERGENCY ACTIONS TO KEEP RECOVERY FIRST ( THIS MEANS GET TO MEETINGS)

PEACE OF MIND

PRAYER

UNDERSTANDING

TOLERANCE

Take time today to think about cleaning your inner house and making the most of the Steps in your recovery....... Recovery gives us all the chance to make life better ... but We have to be willing to change..... yes CHANGE...

Understanding of the way Recovery works and the Steps that come with the program you have set for yourself and the meetings that have been set in place ...are all important... think about it and what it is you need to do for yourself....

We all tolerate what Recovery has handed to us .... but it wasn't on a platter.... because thinking about our program and what it is we need to keep moving forward with is up to US.... no one else..... it is our life to keep Recovery moving forward....

Take time to think about your Holiday Celebration and Remember Recovery and where it fits in with your Step Work at the same time........ Celebrating Holiday time is good but keep in mind your life today in Recovery...

Hugs for all those that still suffer today and for those that really need one...
Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Making the most of the day with the Holidays here...... we all have bad times and this time of year is one that most of us just don't do well with......

Ok.... that is why cleaning your inner house is so important and getting to many extra meetings...... keep the faith and nose to the books to read all about Recovery..... and the steps you are to be working on.....

But who am I to tell anyone what to do..... this is your life and we all need to make the most of Recovery and what it takes to make life better....

I take a walk to make my life better .... work the steps I need to keep me sane... and keep coming back meeting after meeting to keep the days running smooth....

Words for thought.....

PATIENCE

SERENITY PRAYER

RECOVERY MOMENTS FOR TODAY

STRAIGHT TALK AND NOT SLURRED

WALKING THE PATH TO RECOVERY

ONE DAY AT A TIME

MAKING THE MOST OF EACH DAY IN RECOVERY

WRITING YOUR RECOVERY STORY.....

EACH DAY A NEW START .... NO MATTER WHAT...

Take time to find yourself at the meetings you get to ..... take the time to think about what is being said and what changes you can make for YOU....

We all have to make the most of Recovery and what way our Program is to run.... but I know one thing ..... we can't do our program alone... Ask for advice from your sponsor when you need that time....

Take time today and think about what you need the most and work on it.... this is your life...... take it slow each day and reach out to help someone that still suffers....

Hugs and prayers for those that still suffer and for those that need one each day....
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Words for today.....

PATIENCE

HAPPINESS IN RECOVERY AND JUST LIFE IN GENERAL.....

SURRENDER

FAITH

TRUST

FORGIVENESS

HONESTY

RECOVERY MEETINGS ....ONE DAY AT A TIME..

THANKFUL FOR TODAY

Keep your program going and be grateful for today.... this is your life and mine... we all need to thank God for giving us all a second chance to life life...

I am thinking about the Holidays and all it brings to so many of us....

For me the Holidays gives me another chance to make the most of my own Recovery time and to be thankful for each day I get...

This time of year is rough on my family and we all think about what we can do for others as we do each year..... no matter how much we can't do to have a good Christmas for our house... Yes... we give to others and know that there is no money there to get through all the bills we have this time of year. During the rest of the year we purchase Teddy Bears a few at a time to give away at Christmas for the kids in need.... something to learn about giving to others who have less than us.. I am grateful to have a roof over my head and family to just enjoy the fun we do have...

At this time I work on cleaning my inner house with the steps I ignore..... Yes... steps I ignore as I have hoped they would go away or I will learn better ways to get through them.... Recovery in my life will never go away .... So cleaning up my life is up to me and to keep each day going smooth..

Take time to clean your inner house and work the steps you have ignored... or keep working the step you may struggle with....

I find that taking a walk outside for a bit helps to clear the air within my head and helps me think about my step I am stuck on..... I think about the step and ways I can write down in my own words what will help me move forward with this step......... No step is easy.... but in Recovery it is up to us to make the most of it ...ONE DAY AT A TIME....

Hugs to all those that still suffer today....... especially during the Holidays...

Take the day slow and really think about your own recovery and what changes will make your day go well....... get to meetings and talk to those you meet.... listen to what is being said .. as you may find something to take home in your mind.... something that will help you through your own day......
Old 12-19-2012, 10:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thinking of all the little ones that will not have a xmas this year and the adults that got killed at the sandy hook elementry school...... I pray for them all and take a moment of silence each day for them.

PATIENCE

PRAYER

FAITH

TRUST

HUMOR

GRATEFUL FOR TODAY....

RECOVERY TIME ....JUST FOR TODAY...

Praying for you all today that God will wrap His arms around you all and keep the peace within your house....

For today I am thinking about ways to Clean My Inner house and make the most of my own Step work ...... just for today..

Think about the step you are on and move forward..... this is the time of year when we are to GIVE BACK..... I think of ways to give back to my LIFE IN RECOVERY.... it isn't a selfish thing as we need to keep moving forward in recovery..... this is our life today.

Take a walk today and think about your life in recovery and the changes you can make for yourself this Christmas....... there is so much giving going on and we need to think about making the new year special.....
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thinking that brisk walk in the cold might be some good today and get my thinking in the right direction...... and keep me motivated in my recovery at the same time....

LIFE AS A PUZZLE

PATIENCE

TOLERANCE

FRUSTRATIONS

HONESTY

PRAYER

PEACE OF MIND

For today I am thinking to keep my life in recovery together like that Puzzle most of us like to put together....... each peace fits together if we have the patience to find the right peace and spend the time......... just like recovery is that puzzle.... we have to spend the time working hard at each level of the program and make it work for us...

I am willing today to take that time and make my program work for me.... just for today.... no matter what.... and working the steps is at the top of my list....

This is Christmas time and most of us are rushing around .... but take time and a few minutes to do for you.....
Old 12-23-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

The time is almost here for those Christmas gatherings ..... for some of us... but for my house I pray for many changes to boost us into the New Year.... as we think about the year that is almost gone by......

Merry Christmas to you all and those that still suffer each day...

Words for thought....

MEMORIES OF THAT FIRST MOMENT STEPPING INTO RECOVERY...

CLEANING HOUSE WITHIN AND LEARNING TO MOTIVATE SELF...

YOUR INSIDE STORY TODAY....

HUGS WITHIN THE WALLS OF RECOVERY...

WALKS TO CLEAR THE AIR..... THOSE MEANINGS THAT HELP YOU....

SERENITY..

PRAYER....

TRUST IN GODS HAND CLOSE BY...

Think about the right moment for you this Christmas and what it means to keep your program going one day at a time.... this is your life to live and no one else will do it for you....

I will take that walk today and think about my days past in recovery.... and what changes I have made myself..... those changes are all good no matter how many times I may have tripped...... Because I have learned to pick myself up so much.... and today I keep going....
Old 12-24-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Words for today.....

PATIENCE

TOLERANCE

PRAYER

TRUST

GRATEFUL

WILLINGNESS

FORGIVENESS

Take time to get in that walk and think about what you need to do for Today... not the next day... never look for what will happen for the whole week... Just take one day at a time... it makes life easier.

Clean your inner house and work the steps as you get up to thank God for getting you through another day in Recovery...... this is your time with you and God as you work the step...you happen to be on right now..

I take each day as it comes and with Christmas here today I am grateful for what I have in my program..... this is a great time for me as I work the steps and remember to take note of times I am not doing well......

This is a tough time of year when so many parties are going on and I avoid the parties unless they are not having Alcohol..... If there is some I try to stay clear and only stay a few minutes then go home....

Take today as it comes and keep a smile on your face....... Merry Christmas to you all and I pray that this is a good time for you.....

I am grateful for the time I have in Recovery and make the most of what I still need to change in my program.... this is my life and I look for new ideas to working the steps .... and even draw the steps out in cartoon or make a life path for the years I have been in recovery....... This gives me a chance to look back at all the years I have put into my life in recovery.... Wow...

Have a good day and make the most of the step you are on today...... take it slow and think about what you really want to get accomplished ...

Get to meetings and think about all that is being said....and get those much needed Hugs today.....