Notices

Class of July 2008 Part Six

Old 11-17-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I woke up to snow on the ground, on day 127 sober. Now how the hell am I going to rake up the leaves and get them to the curb for pickup?? Guess I'm going to get wet and cold and dirty.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone and congrats to everyone who's adding on so many days! Fantastic!!!!

I am sooooo happy to be back at the gym (after hurting my ankle)!!! I now get to eat guilt-free again AND work on toning up that hiney of mine!

BostonLuv: where are you girl?? I haven't heard/read anything from you lately! Miss you!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

*Waves*

Going to be a stupid busy day. Had a good and snowy weekend.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Good Morning 154 days!!! I wish I had more time to do fun stuff on the computer. I have been so busy. I am just checking in and cannot read all the posts!! I am doing pretty well.

I have made a friend but am not sure about here seriousness level of sobriety so I am being cautious. This stuff can be hard. The trusting of people.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hi Class of J...

I've been reading...Bemus, that joke was hilarious!

Just wanted to say, welcome back to DG...and congrats to all of you on

your sober time!!!! :ghug3:
Old 11-18-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up to more snow on the ground on this 128th day of sobriety.:ghug3
Old 11-18-2008, 06:43 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Congrats Least. I'm 9 days behind you, so I imagine I begin 120 very soon. Yeah me. (sorry for the self-indulgence).

Here goes some more: wish me luck!! This weekend, actually on the actual 4 month mark of stopping drinking, I will meet the woman I've been talking with online for about a month and a half. I'm going to Osaka to meet her, so it's doubly exciting because I've never been there.

I know I should be cautious, and I am, but I'm also optimistic as we do seem to get along very well. I know things are different in person, but until I know different, I'm hoping for the best.

Cheers,

BMUS
Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Scotty.....enjoy the crp out of it!

I have learned that I need to enjoy the joy and stuff of a possible relationship cause IF it doesn't work out....I go through just as much wetehr I let my self enjoy or not!!!

I just went through a potential that didn't pan out, but you know I had sooooo much fun right up to the coffee shop talk on how he didn't want "that kind of relationship".

These are the kinds of things I feel great about getting through without drinking or using....it's actually alot easier sober with good friends than alone with my bottle.

have fun:bounce
Old 11-18-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

BMUS: enjoy yourself!!! Sounds like a blast! I've met a lot of people online (not including here! lol) that turned out to be fabulous! And like ananda said, the anticipation itself is enjoyable.

Anyone know what happened to the thanks button?! We lose that?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I'm worried about JIT.....plus i pretty much feel horible today...

hope it gets better
Old 11-18-2008, 05:54 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

BMUS, I hope you have a great time meeting your friend in person. It sounds exciting. I will keep you in my thoughts.

To Bmus and everyone else - :ghug3

Coming to the end of my 128th sober day. Never thought I'd make it, thought I was hopeless. Just goes to show ya, never give up!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Whoah Bemus!

I wouldn't be able to sleep...how exciting! How very exciting.

Have a great time!

Congrats, sober peeps...
Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Well that was fun having no internet or cable TV since mid-day Friday. I love my cable company that shall go nameless here. They do rhyme with pox as in chicken pox though. To be fair some of that delay was because I thought I should eliminate my internal network first and I wasn't real quick about that.

Philly, it's my first time quitting. I did quit a few times for a month or so just to see if I could but this is the first time I quit with no set time in mind....just quit.

Least, glad to hear you're dog is doing better.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, little dog is back to normal and having no problems with his back legs whatsoever. When my dogs are happy and healthy, I'm happy. I can tolerate being poor cause my dogs are rich!

Today is day 129 of my sober life. Really amazed sometimes that I'm doing so well, considering how badly I was doing before July. My reward for sticking to it is my coming trip to see my grandsons! I can hardly wait to get there. I've got two really neat kids' books to give the three yr old. It's such fun being able to get neat things for them. I always loved getting lots of books for my kids and now it's just as much fun getting books for the grandkids.

My only problem is going to be missing my dogs unbearably for those seven days! I never sleep well away from home cause the dogs aren't on my bed!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

JIT: where's the details, kiddo?! How've things been going for you? How's your wife doing??
Old 11-19-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

JIT

That banging of the head says alot but made me laugh sorry but that is usually how I feel. Thanks for the feedback- my mind changes daily. Still undecided about the alcoholic thing but someone wrote it is not how much or how long you drink it is what your body does after the first one. So back to squareone because I never really paid attention to that. If I was going out to drink one never was an option. I do remember having one or two if that is what the occasion called for but most of the time I was drinking to get high so mission was usually accomplished and then some.

On a good note I saw the cubs gave a nice contract to a really good pitcher that they wanted to keep. The philly sports teams are not doing well so have to wait for the phillies again.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Wow, the class has been a little quiet lately.

Having cable and internet down for a few days has given my wife some time to think. Unfortunately, I'm not too pleased with the results of that thinking. No desire to get into details right now. I'm down, but not out.

Haven't given up hope for us just yet.

No drinking and no cravings. In fact I'm happier than I've ever been about sobriety. It's what is getting me through the day.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 130.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Congrats Least. I guess that means yesterday was 120 for me.

In other news, I went to the hospital today for a blood test because I had a bout of gout recently and I had to get a prescription refill (people in the US: do NOT complain about bureaucracy in the US health care system, at least on the getting "in and out of the place" level--you ain't seen nothing). Anyway, my numbers all came back in the normal range. My gamma GTP had been over 1000 and it's now at 33 after 4 months sober. Also, this weekend I go to meet a woman with whom I hope to become closer. If I won the lottery, I think that would about do it.

I hope everyone is doing well.

BMUS