Notices

Class of July 2008 Part Six

Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Scoob, someone started a recent thread asking what their start day should be if they went 230 days and slipped up. This was my response. The numbers, of course, are always different. Just thought I'd offer what I hope is support here. Hang in there and stick with us please

"We've been through this a few times over on the Class of July thread. People's opinions vary. Here's mine.

I think if you slipped up once or twice and it wasn't some long event then it shouldn't negate your entire time since you decided to quit. Let's say for example that you went 219 days without using and then on day 220 you slipped up, woke up the next day P.O.'d at yourself, haven't used since, and now it's day 230 since you first decided to change your life for the better.

Now lets say there is someone else that has been using the entire time and they quit on the same day that you woke up P.O.'d. - (day 220 for you).

You are miles and miles further down the road than that other person, Roadguy.

There are purists out there that will tell you that you are on day 10 of sobriety just like the other guy, but we know better.

Call it 229 days sober, 230 days since you changed your life, or 229 out of 230 - I think it's up to you.

I'm a sports fan and I would love to be able to say my team is 229 and 1.

Now if we're talking 197 days sober out of 230 or something, then let's go back to square one. "
Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Day 170 for me. Kind of quiet on her the past couple days. Is it the holidays?
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Today is day 144 for me! Still going strong and loving it!

Good morning classmates!:ghug
Old 12-04-2008, 04:56 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

maybe we need to have a posting party? like a marathon...choose a day that at least 3 people from the class have to be posting at all times for 24 hours....maybe all of us for 24 hours...we would get real punchy...giggly and dramatic just like a slumber party...sorta a class reuniion or a aa conference type deal????? :bounce
Old 12-04-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Ananda that sounds like fun Day 171 for me. Glad to hear from you Least as always!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

only thing is...no one ever comes to my parties

(rolls away in a ball of self pity and off a cliff)
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

You can go to my party for me. The husband is acting overbearing right now and keeps harping on the "we're not drinking". Thank you I get it. It's not even like I completely went over the edge, but he's decided that I need to stop drinking again so he's being the hero and says he'll stop too.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Scoob, I don't know enough of the detail to know if this comment is off base or right on, so I'll let you be the judge and just go ahead and make the comment for you to consider:

Regardless of his motives, having him quit may not be all bad
Old 12-05-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

yeah..it's kinda sweet in an irritating kinda way

Some of my family make a BIG deal out of not drinking...or serving those silly grapejuice fake wine stuff as an alternative....it does irritate me cause it just puts a big puncuation mark on that some of us are different.....

but yes...the heart is in the right place, I've told them how I feel about it, but it sorta goes in one ear and out the other....it's really all about them...makes them feel better. (but i do love them)
Old 12-05-2008, 05:10 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good morning everyone! Today is my 145th day of sobriety! Woke up to my dogs all snuggled next to me sleeping peacefully. THere's no better way for me to wake up than that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
yeah..it's kinda sweet in an irritating kinda way
I guess we can choose who we get married to, but not who we stay married to:-)

Some of my family make a BIG deal out of not drinking...or serving those silly grapejuice fake wine stuff as an alternative....it does irritate me cause it just puts a big puncuation mark on that some of us are different.....
Not to mention the stuff tastes like crap. I can't stand even regular grape juice. And don't get me going on that awful fake beer (aka NA). Just have a normal tasty beverage and stop trying to relive the past or make others do the same. Just because we have admitted to alcoholism doesn't mean people have to speak in whispers around us, if you get my drift. I'm lucky in that my friends and family don't act that way. Good luck with them.

but yes...the heart is in the right place, I've told them how I feel about it, but it sorta goes in one ear and out the other....it's really all about them...makes them feel better. (but i do love them)
Well, we can choose our friends....

Just keep moving moving on.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I just feel like i've got the dunce cap again. I thought it sounded dumb last summer when my sister was like "i'll stay sober with you at the party". Why do they think it matters?
Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Wow, did that sound cranky. Off to get more coffee

Old 12-05-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

cranky is ok

make a joke of it scoob...at the event just excuse yourself to the bathroom and come out with a dunce cap on that says "see me....I'm the alchoholic" always important to check out everyones since of humor
Old 12-05-2008, 11:26 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I haven't been posting much, but I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!! lol

Nothing really exciting happening on my end of things. Although, I do have a date with some dude tomorrow night. Not too sure how it'll play out, as I have a bizarre dislike of people who can't spell and have poor grammar. I'm a grammar-snob? Yep, I'll go with that....definite grammar snob.

Hope everyone is doing well! Still missing BostonLuv and if she's floating around here, hope she knows that we all care about her!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:39 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope this comes out right. Here's a picture of my little boy wearing the coat my sister made for him.... even tho he DOES look a bit like a toaster oven!!

Well, no, I can't 'paste' it into my post. Will do it later when I can figure it out.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Nothing really exciting happening on my end of things. Although, I do have a date with some dude tomorrow night. Not too sure how it'll play out, as I have a bizarre dislike of people who can't spell and have poor grammar.
Don't want to come down on you too hard 'cause maybe it's just a date for the sake of a date, but...you deserve better than "some dude"

Next time hold out for "some major dude" or a regular dude with grammer.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:00 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just woke up from a nap in a panic - I had my first ever drinking dream. Woke up in a panic cause I'd have to 'start over'. Then saw the dogs on the bed and knew it was a dream. I have been rather stressed lately over this 'cell bill that ate all my money' business. Gah! Now THAT'S a nightmare!

At least I woke up without the headache that sent me to bed in the daytime.

He DOES look rather like a toaster oven, doesn't he? With a cover on it, I mean.

Here's the beagirl in her coat, it was used as a pattern to make the green one.

Last edited by least; 12-05-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Beautiful dogs Least! I understand your signature line now.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

I really really love the toaster oven in green! I want one for my dog...size way way larger than that