Notices

Class of July 2008 Part Six

Old 01-03-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Sounds like it might be the right thing to do JIT.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:14 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

JIT, it might be very necessary to keep your sanity. Sometimes you've got to let go when hanging on just makes you sicker.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

JIT: just because you might separate now, doesn't mean that's how it has to be forever!!! I have become much closer to some exes after some time went by...gives a fresher start, clarity, less resentments, etc.. Separating CAN be a good thing, sometimes, hon. And we're always here!

My new year's night.....aaaaargh!!!! My delightful date was double-fisting the beers straight out of the gate and had consumed TWENTY-FIVE within the first two hours. I called around some friends to make sure to meet up with them since I knew I didn't trust being around this guy at that point. Anyways, by midnight I'd kicked him to the curb and he ended up leaving and driving home. He got a DUI (gosh, ride checks on New Year's?! who'd have thought!?) but flashed his corrections officer badge and ended up only with a suspended license for 12 hours. I hate abuses of power like that.

Glad to hear everyone else is ok!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

JIT my ex is my best friend now. It was not easy to get here but I know I love having him in my life. We just both recognize now that we are both sick and both would make it worse if we were together. So I hope the best for you!

201 days today. How is everyone else?
Old 01-03-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'll have 25 weeks tomorrow, tho I'm feeling sick as hell lately and hoping it's not that flu that seems to be going around. I'll go to the doctor if not better by MOnday. I hate feeling like this, it ruins a perfectly good day!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:45 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

By the way, that "leaning towards legal separation" was what she was saying. The "whatever" was mine.
Maybe that's how you all took it. I don't know.

Anyway, now she's back to asking me all these questions about this topic that we just can't agree on. I mean it's like Jewish people and Muslims will be settling their differences in a Christian manner before she and I agree on this one. Democrats and Republicans singing kumbaya. Dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria. (Sorry I was channeling Ghostbusters for a second)

And why keep asking me if you don't care and want to be separated. I know, I know, it means she still cares enough on some level to want to fight about it or something.

And she's also saying she hasn't ruled out counseling altogether. This is all f-ing ridiculous.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

JIT, I understand the frustration. My exbf used to go on about my 'problems' and how he was going to take the kids and leave... and just sat on his butt for the next year and complained... He finally left but I had to tell him to go.

Today is 25 weeks for me. I just feel 'blah' and not excited at all. Maybe it's just winter depression, I don't know, just don't feel good about anything today.:wtf2
Old 01-05-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Least hope you are feeling better!!! I hate being sick, you deserve to be healthy and happy.

JIT hang in there relationship struggles are the worst for me. They make me weak so I will continue to pray for some peace of mind for you. Keep posting as it will help you keep strong!

203 days today... I am a week from 7 months!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling crappy and might just go back to bed for a while. The dogs will keep me company and I have no demands on my time today.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Hello Everybody!! :ghug
Old 01-05-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Hello!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hang in there JIT!!!! feel free to rant here or pm me a rant anytime..i'm a good listener.

Hi scoob...sorry i missed you
Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

My boss is not good for my mental health. He just asked me if he stupified his request enough for me to understand it. I don't know if this is worth it.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Jeez scoob...I think I would be tempted to leave...guess it depends on if you can afford to leave...or then again can you aford to stay...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I'm torn. I've been here since July, I was hired based on past experiences with working with difficult people, and knew that was the case. most of the time I just ignore him, but some things just sting.

It was a big decision for me to quit and start again in a new firm, I promised myself i'd give it a year to get up to speed and see if it was worth staying.

I'm just feeling sensitive today. I worked all weekend reorganizing the boys room, and now my husband has decided not to move the big recliner out of the living room like we had agreed to, so we had a place for our son's big hockey bag, and he threw both big smelly hockey bags right smack dab in the middle of their room like all my work was for nothing.

Feeling very unappreciated right now.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

well, come on here anytime cause you are appreciated here! Admire your commitment to stick it out a year to see how it goes...so maybe one day at a time...one minite at a time...just like sobriety

(ok go ahead and hit me)
Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

scoob: your boss is a jerk! Grrrrr!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hey it was 30 degrees here when I woke up at 7am. Back in the day that would have been a warm January day. Wouldn't have gone up to 53 by 11am either like it has now. Enough weather talk, sports talk is much better

So, I'm hanging in here still. The serious talk about counseling seems to have opened up communication a little. We'll see where it goes.

Scoob, it depends on your situation, but it might help to look around for alternative jobs. You might find something you like and you might find that you don't see anything that at the moment. Either way, it helps to gauge what you're willing to put up with and for how long.

Hmmm, I wonder if that philosophy would apply to......nah, don't go there now JIT

Ahhhh, help!!!! I'm talking to myself in posts! And all this sober too.

At least I'm finding a way to enjoy the ride now and then

Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Scoob - I feel for you. I have had some bad bosses and that is no fun on the ego of an alcoholic which is already fragile. I worked for a guy that called me an idiot when I was in college. My response back than was pretty immature. I replied with "atleast I do not date fat cows". I was young but it made me feel better. I learned that does not solve it though. So just pray for the answers and they will come.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

so so grumpy.