Notices

I Dont Know How Much Longer I Can Go On Like This

Old 12-31-2005, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
On The Bus

I Dont Know How Much Longer I Can Go On Like This

The selfishness and self centeredness of my two sons and the blame I place on myself is getting to the breaking point of more than I can bear.

A simple task like helping deliver some newspapers for the younger brother who stayed at a friends house last night turns into a full blown episode of telling my oldest son things like I hate you, your selfish, your lazy, I wished you would move out.

Yeah....real nice things to say to an 11 year old.

I guess I better look into some professional help for myself ASAP because I am thinking suicidal thoughts again.

Its like why bother. Is this the best this family dynamics is ever going to get.

Like I said two weeks ago no one would care if I bowed out of this world.

I wont even bore you with the tears that are flowing right now.....
Old 12-31-2005, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Bozo)))

Yea, you're having a very difficult time right now, I'm hearing you....
I think it's a good thing that you're going to call the doctor. However, if you can't see him/her soon enough, have this number available to use, just in case:
Vermont
Clara Martin Center
800 639-6360
Please call it before you do anything you'll regret; your family will regret; your friends will regret. Suicide only compounds difficult issues for those left behing. Your children need you -- regardless of what they say right now.
Take care of yourself, Bozo.
Tell us what the problem is. A fight with your kids is nothing to kill yourself over.
And like it or not, many people would miss you if you left....

Shalom!
Call that number!
Old 12-31-2005, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bozo...

Your right...
it is us .. letting us down

do whatever it takes to get right with yourself.

even if it just includes stepping away from the "children"... ;o)

That's one of the "beholdings" I have with my guy Norm.
He was with me through all that crap... when I thought I was going to pull my hair out over my kid...

... or do her in...

and I love her more than my life...

Ya gotta step back Bozo...

I found reading Barbara Coloroso to be a great book on how to live with our kids...

just don't give up...

or they win... ;o)
Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Bozo...hang in there. No giving up yet...YOU HERE ME!!!

It will be okay. We are only human....remember that...we are ALL fallable!

I personally think there are very few people out there who COULDN'T benefit from counseling with a good therapist.

Things will get better, but it won't be easy....just don't give up my friend.

Hang in there....
Old 12-31-2005, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hang in there.

CJ
Old 12-31-2005, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Suicide Is Not An Option

Feel a little bit better this PM. Went to a TKD workout this morning and that seemed to help. Raise those endorphins.

I am still researching L-glutamine and L-tyrosine for supplements.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

Glad to hear it.
Now, what about those blessings of yours? Have you given thanks lately?

Have a blessed New Year!
Shalom!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Bozo,,

I can really relate to a point. I to have the same problem with my kids.. I have 3 teens,, (2) 13 yr olds, and (1) 16 yr old. They fight like nothing I have ever seen, every single day,, and I also have days were I just don't think I can do this for one more day.

But then I just keep on pugging away. It is so difficult, and depressing. We have been to counseling, and I have recently decided that we need to go back. So, I am going to make another appt. I have to, or I am literally going to break.

I just toally understood your post. I felt completely for you.. I can relate. I too say things that I just hate myself for,, and I carry alot of guilt over. I know I also need to get help with my therapist, and with my groups I attend. It is just so very hard for me to post something like this, becauseI also love my kids more than life, and I am a mom,, it just seems so NOT acceptable for a mom to say anythng wrong to their child.
I know I have said things like,, you are such a brat. Just leave me alone.. Go away. Shut up.. I try to correct myself then, and say, no you're not a brat, but, you're behavior is terrible,, because the guilt automatically sets in.. I don't say I hate you,, but I have said, maybe its time to think about a foster home. I just can't live this way anymore, you are all driving me crazy..

This is such a HARD thing for me to write about.. I feel like such a bad mom.. I would never ever want to lose my kids. I couldn't live without them.. It would destroy me. I know that it would, even if I say something abotu a foster home,, I don't mean it,.

Well, thanks for listening,, Bozo, I hear your pain, and i do understand. You are not alone here. I don't think we are the only ones..

I am going to look into that writer, "bike" talked about.. Maybe I can also gain some help and understanding through her..

But a therapsit is a very good place to go..

Thanks so much Bozo for posting this,,

Love,
Becky
Old 12-31-2005, 02:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

Originally Posted by Bozo
Its like why bother. Is this the best this family dynamics is ever going to get. ...
I wont even bore you with the tears that are flowing right now.....
B - when I'm feeling like this, I HAVE to keep reminding myself that my perspective is really screwed up right now and all I can see is "bad stuff" - and it really really feels like it has ALWAYS been "this way" and that it will continue to be "this way" FOREVER.

When I hear myself using words like ALWAYS and FOREVER, it's a signal to me - to talk to someone, to get help, to do something nice for *ME* (even if that means go back to bed and it's only 1pm!)

I raised my son by myself - I also am guilty of yelling horrible things at him - worse yet, sometimes I think I really MEANT those things. It doesn't mean we're horrible parents - or horrible people. It means we need to get some help - some RELIEF - from the the disease of depression.

I've been battling maic-depression for 25yrs - since my son was 3yo. As *I* learned things, I tried to share what I learned with him as well. I had to explain that something was wrong in my brain, that it made me say/do mean things that I DID NOT MEAN - and most importantly - that I was seeing the doctor (+ whatever support groups) and I was working to be OK again.

My son is 28yo now - ALL of the icky things he + I went thru have served to make us very close. I never would have thought!

Vent, rant, cry - EVERYTHING you want/need to do! LET IT OUT!!
It has always amazed me how much I can figure out about *me* when I let myself just dump everything I can think of.
If nothing else, crying makes me tired enough that I can go take a nap and hide for a bit. Sometimes, I just need that.

Hang in there! *I* would miss you and so would ALOT of others here! **hugs** You're not the only one to feel like this sometimes. You're not alone any more cuz we're all here too.

Bright Blessings,
Blue