Notices

Something To Smile For

Old 10-29-2002, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Something To Smile For

Today has been a busy day for me the sun is out and i had a visit with my son to me that is a good day. i love it when he comes running to me throws his little arms around my legs and tryes to say mom but in his own little way he tries very hard to talk to me the visit went awesome i am using things i have been learning in my parenting class with my son and it was exciting when he went into his limp noodle phase i just went off and did something else soon he was there wanting to see what i was doing i got him into coloring a picture for me for those that dont know my son has special needs and we are in the midst of figuring them out now he might be autisitic and also have add too but most of all he is my son a blessing from being sober to it seemed kind of mean to have him doing his bad behavior and me walking away from him or him not getting what he wanted too that was difficult for this mommy to do but i did it i feel good about some of the things that happened today

i even went to court for something my teen did months ago and changed my plea to guilty and my fine was reduced and i got to tell the judge also what changes i have been making in the home like when i have to turn my teen into her probation officer (hard to do for this mom ) but learning tough love is a must for these days too i am always looking for the solution and that is thru being in recovery to oops sorry must be heading for manic attack soon i am talking a mile a minute here so i guess i will write more at a later date
thanks everyone who has been following my post and the prayers too hopefully 2 more court dates and i am done in the court room for a while and can relax u know

lol hugs mistee
Old 10-29-2002, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

That's great Mistee.

The choices that we make today make our tomorrows peaceful or miserable. Sounds like your working toward some peaceful tomorrows.

Good for you,

Hugs,
MG

Old 10-29-2002, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mistee,

Your post about your visit with your son really touched my heart. My daughter was a special needs child for awhile, but nothing as serious as your boy. She was born premature, and had to spend two months in the hospital, and had a therapist that came and worked with us weekly until she was three.

It sounds like you are really doing what you need to do to take care of yourself and your family. I have read some of your other posts, and I think you have come along way.

Juls
Old 10-30-2002, 12:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

Mistee,
You have been through so much, and you're just getting stronger and stronger. You are amazing, and have overcome so many
obstacles and hurdles going on in your
life! I am so glad things are getting
better-and only two more court dates?
What a relief-your son should be home
really soon!

Hugs and prayers,
Old 10-30-2002, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Lightbulb wanted to say thanks for the support

This last month and half has been so difficult for me i could just sit and feel sorry for myself for having my son in state temparoy care and i have decided to be in the solution that is all i can recommend to someone that is having a hard time with children and the states laws concorning there needs yes it was hard at first i had to pray for alot of acceptence then find strengh too courage came after to go after all the help i can get and sometimes hearing the truth about ur parenting issues is really hard even if they assume the worst in u i look at my son and my oldest being away right now as a learning lession and how to cope with my bipolar issues and to remain sober and not self harm or self medicate today
i talk almost daily with my therapist when this first happened sometimes i was totally gripped by the pain i had in my heart and the feelings of shame too but today i can look at it as a learning experience ihave enrolled in parenting classes and i have arranged for people to come to my home once a week or so to help me with my son when he comes home but that has to wait for now i now my higher power is giving me daily strengh to keep putting one foot in front of the other. going to meetings with attorneys and other social workers too that is hard but i am willing to be teachable when it comes to his needs i want to learn how to deal with him when he comes home and to me that is all a blessing yes i do have down days i would be lieing to myself if i said i was ok on a daily basises ladies some days i just dont feel like getting out of bed i must be in the solution if i want changes to be made :andy: and some days i just have to keep moving if i dont i sit and cry i know that is healthy but how many tears a person has can be hiting someone hard i have already helped a few people i have meet with the same issues as myself i have empowered myself to go take a risk sometimes even when it might entil someone getting in trouble at there job but i have been wronged in this matter with my son i told my attorney that i went to the governors advocate and he was vvery proud of my actions he said if u dont rely on ur insights sometime and have a heart to go stand up for what u believe in no one else will do it for me and then he told me with the actions he has seen it will be a total pleasure for me when the day the judge tells me my son and i can be together and with his big sister again too

hugs mistee
x0x0x0x0x