# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done charles

D
Old 04-24-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Awesome! Congrats!
This is not easy to do and you did it!
More people fail than succeed. It's so easy to slip and return to using.
Stay vigilant, stay strong and keep posting!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. I’m on the brink (2 hours away) from a month and two days without smoking. It feels good and I can’t imagine or don’t want to imagine even the taste of burnt weed, I feel great and have great hygiene without it!! I’ve been really productive and proud of how I’ve been handling stresses at work and outside of it. I also notice how uncontrollable my rage and anger is without it. I’m not a violent person but I do have a temper and when I feel violated or wronged, it’s been taking a long time for me to get over it lately. I work in customer service so it’s more usual than not having to deal with people I’d rather not deal with and hear of treatment I’d really be happier without hearing about. I must say though, learning to weather the storm and not run to weed every time is a much less expensive and more fulfilling way to live.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Cool Charles, congratulations on the month and two days without weed.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Today is a month and six days. I’m not tempted to smoke but do feel the effects of a lot of caffeine and overworking myself. Sending love to everyone. My other addictions are wanting to be fed but crazy enough weed doesn’t sound appealing today. Keeping on the good fight .
Old 04-30-2019, 07:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like you're doing great Charles

D
Old 05-01-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post
Today is a month and six days. I’m not tempted to smoke but do feel the effects of a lot of caffeine and overworking myself. Sending love to everyone. My other addictions are wanting to be fed but crazy enough weed doesn’t sound appealing today. Keeping on the good fight .
Congratulations, you are doing great

After I quit weed, I also had some issues with too much caffeine, it seems that I have become more sensitive to it. I even quit caffeine for some time because of it.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:17 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

55 days sober at the moment...
ill keep this up but I’ve come to a few close calls in relapse and one of the things that made me not do it is thinking of being high wishing I was sober or planning sobriety after. I’m already there, why make the next sober day harder. Also thinking of how long it took my digestion to get back to normal calmed me down also. I don’t want to start that cycle over. Things have been hard at work but honestly compared to this morning things are much easier. Handling it sober is handling it, while being high is running from it or thinking I’m handling it from an altered state.. I guess I’m proud of myself but at this point in my sobriety it’s more about maximizing my energy and efforts than restraint from smoking weed. I haven’t drank in even longer than the last day I smoked and the thought of it sounds good but I don’t like drinking as much as I like smoking and one usually leads to the other so meh. That’s my check in.. kind of over life in general but better days will come.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay with it Charles - it gets better

D
Old 05-19-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Congrats on 55 days!
But it is still early days and a lot more time is needed to 'even' out.
You've got a good tool in your tool box. I use that one all the time. The 'think about it' tool. Thinking about how far you've come, what progress you've made. Thinking about how awful you'd feel if you picked up again. Yep, that's the tool I use the most.
Good news is the longer you go without, the less you use that tool.
It does get easier.
Keep it up, you're doing great!
Old 05-19-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank y’all , I do see I need more time because the allure of smoking to give me peace is still wearing on my mind. Maybe sleep is best for a while longer.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I've said before the allure lasted a while for me...but in my mind I kept the memory of where smoking took me and managed to continue to make good recovery decisions.

Looking back I'm really glad I stayed clean Charles

D
Old 05-20-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Charles, good to hear from you. Even better that you're still not smoking. Hard days will be followed by easy days. It goes up and down but it does get better in the long run. Good luck to you!