Windytown

Old 11-29-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

You;re always welcome Windytown

D
Old 11-30-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Indeed, always welcome Windy, smoking or not smoking. Keep us posted, we're rooting for you!
Old 11-30-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

You can do it, Windy. We are here for you.
Old 11-30-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

hi guys its me windytown- now happytown.
I had a snafu with my login and passwords and emails and it was too blocked up to handle so I created a new profile. good for me to start afresh anyway. I couldn't reuse windytown even with different numbers so I thought of happytown, though it is a random name.

so, for now this is me!
Thanks for the support and being able to come here even when I am using is helpful. Clearly I want to quit which is why I am here.

smoked today. Maybe tomorrow is day 1 . I want to check in for a while even when I am smoking and use the momentum of this place to help pull me over to sober with you guys. I know it is soon.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi happytown. Think of your new username as another fresh start.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I may try to get my other name back when I can figure it out.
for now just to have access I will use this.
so I am making tomorrow my quit date.
Will update tomorrow.
Currently feel bad. Hope to have happier updates.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey happytown - you can PM 'Anna' or another Admin and ask her to reset your password, or change your name back to windytown or whatever name you want - and to have all your posts under your preferred name, if thats what you want.

We prefer you do it that way - through Admin - rather than to keep opening new accounts. Less confusing

D
Old 12-01-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Dee- I will do that. It just got weird when I tried to log in, couldn't remember the password, signed up to have them send me the new password. I did all the steps and it let me log in but then said I did not have access to the forums so that was frustrating. So I did a new account just cause I am hopefully on the brink of quitting MJ and wanted to have access to this forum. I will pm her over this week and try to get my old account opened back up.

In the meanwhile I feel badly ( health mostly) so much that it is hard to decipher what is from pot or not. lots going on. I do remember in the past when I quit things seem to ease up over time so hoping that quitting pot will be a good step in the right direction of my overall well being. Still just feel bad rightnow. And you guys can stil call me windy or windytown! I will change it back soon.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

still have not quit.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I hope you guys will still support and encourage me with my new name!! It is still me windytown. I just have not been able to get the old account up yet so please do continue to respond and encourage me. It really helps. As always I am still smoking and still thinking I am about to quit and still not knowing what sober life could really be like.
Any wisdom?
Old 12-03-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I think you need to have faith in that if you are patient, I truly think you will find other things in life worth spending time & money on - aside from pot. Nature, loved ones, cooking. Old habits die hard, I know. I used to smoke pot everyday - it made everyday things way more enjoyable - like playing video games, watching TV, even going to class and seeing my friends. Pot used to make these more fun, like walking down the street high, until I did it so often that being stoned just became the "baseline" for me. It didn't make anything extra enjoyable, it just became the new norm.

One day I realized how much more I could accomplish when I wasn't high - my friends who weren't stoned were just.. DOING things. Waking up early. Going to brunch. Museums. Taking day trips to the nearest cool city. They were bored, so they filled up their weekends with fun things to do. I was also bored, but I would get high and sit in my room all weekend - because getting high masked the boredom. It made me OK with doing nothing, because I was just high. I never had that feeling of "oh I'm bored - let me go plan something fun this weekend so I won't be bored - etc." Looking back on it, I really could have done way more or actually made more friends if I wasn't stoned 24/7.

The thing is, you don't instantly quit pot and then go on some new adventure. It's like... the sum of every day's effort to quit pot, to stop being complacent about where I was/what I was doing.

Here are some ideas on how to keep you entertained without pot:

- Take up cooking. Think of a crazy recipe that sounds super advanced, then make it your goal to build yourself up to mastering it. Like, I heard french macarons can get tough to bake because you need to like, perfect the ratio of ingredients and get the right consistency when mixing it? I don't even know. Or a turducken - a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, LOL. Wouldn't that be so fun to make once you've "got" it - like - man look at this crazy dish I've made! (Ok, it doesn't need to be that crazy but you get the idea, LOL.)

- Get a cat. Or a dog. Only if you are an animal person, obv. You can rescue a dog from the shelter - you know how senior dogs are always left.. Sometimes we think we are saving animals, but in the end they can save us.

- Start lifting weights. Try to make progress and lift heavier. When I was still unemployed, I used to go on YouTube and watch fitness vloggers and then copy their workouts.

- I used to go on this subreddit a lot, which is a community for people quitting weed. I would search by the "top" comments of all time and get really inspired:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves/

Here's the top sorted comments:
https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves/top/?sort=top&t=all
Old 12-04-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

thanks very much for that encouraging post.
I am at the tail end of the MJ I have so tomorrow I either stop smoking or procure more.
I will let you guys know tomorrow what I choose.
Obviously hoping to quit.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Based on my experience, the longer you put quitting off the harder it becomes, Windytown.

D
Old 12-04-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

You can get out of this cycle!
Old 12-04-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

& think of the money saved!
Old 12-05-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

You can do it, Windy. We are here for you.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

yes, Windy, you CAN do this !
what is it you are getting out of pot ? For me, it was the dopamine release after the first puffs, but with age, the after-effects are not worth it anymore. I hate how I feel the next morning - my brain doesn't like it the next day, that's for sure. I usually end up eating a way to much sugary things, I isolate, I don't exercise and it takes me away from my other passions. That's why I don't want to drag this old, useless habit into 2018 with me. Life will blossom without it - that's my belief anyways. We're here for you , Windy !
Old 12-05-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Day one I guess---- if I can make it through.
I guess what I am "getting" out of pot is that feeling of just getting high and sitting like a zombie on my couch for hours. It does prevent me from that bored feeling which then prevents me from getting out of the house to do something valuable.
I sit at home stoned for hours. But I guess that feeling of being a stoned zombie is somehow appealing, like it tunes the rest of the world out.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was only appealing while I was in it - now I really am repulsed by that kind of existence.

D
Old 12-05-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Exactly. You feel OK with doing nothing with yourself WHILE you're high. Being high makes it OK with boredom, with nothing.

If you are always high like this, then you are never really giving it a chance for your boredom to become something more - you know what I mean?

I realized this myself when I think back on all the weekends I spent in university doing absolutely nothing. I was just chilling alone and watching Netflix. I had nothing to show for my time.. and I realized this even more when I saw my friends actually EXPLORING the city, exploring restaurants or parks.. They were BORED, and wanted more experiences.

I am a homebody, I'm not a thrill seeker by all means. But I hated that I fit the "stoner stereotype".. I hated that I was OK with doing nothing. I felt like I had so much potential, I remembered when I was a kid I had all these big goals and dreams, but now I was just a lazy pot-smoking chill girl who wasn't that interesting. I wanted better for myself!

I think you are just going to have to find something that motivates you, or interests you. And I think you owe it to yourself to WANT BETTER - live up to your potential, you know?