Notices

bad dream reflects my mental state

Old 02-02-2023, 04:20 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt that my daughter ck came over and chastised me for my coffee pot being stained.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:22 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I think a stained coffee point is a sign of a determined and successful coffee drinker!
Old 04-16-2023, 10:15 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Horrible dream last night, it seemed to last for hours. Was with my kids (when they were young) and trying to get them to clean their rooms and put their toys away. But they wouldn't do it. My dad was visiting us and he was not helping me to get them to clean up their stuff. I had to drive one of the kids somewhere. When we came home the other kids hadn't done a thing to clean up their messes. I don't know what happened next but I ended up at home cleaning the whole house by myself.

The girls were behaving horribly, talking back and not listening to me. Dad kept telling me I was too hard on them.

Woke up feeling anxious and upset.
Old 04-18-2023, 12:18 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

My dreams have gotten a lot more intense and durable recently. I do t know what to make of it, but it takes a while after waking up to realize that all of that was fake. It’s all very realistic too, not fantasy stuff. I’m sleeping better though.
Old 04-20-2023, 05:22 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had a horrible long lasting dream last night, the abusive ex was in it. . I woke up feeling anxious and afraid.
Old 04-26-2023, 01:46 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dreamt that my kids, when they were younger, lived with me in this little house. They wouldn't pick up their toys and things and the house was a wreck. I ended up taking them somewhere and then I went home and picked up all their stuff and put it away. They never turned the lights off or closed the windows, I had to go around after them and turn off lights or close windows. We lived across the street from an auto repair shop and I had to go there to get parts. (???). Any time I dream of my kids, it's always when they were little, never as the adults they are now.
Old 04-29-2023, 02:22 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had two bad dreams, one right after the other, about being fired at my job in a little run down factory. Then I signed up for extra work, overtime, and was denied it. Somehow I killed someone and the police came and arrested me. It was a horrible dream and left me anxious and fearful.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:01 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

least, I wonder if it might be useful to discuss the themes of these dreams with your psychotherapist?
Old 04-30-2023, 11:20 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's a good idea and I will do it next time I have an appt with the shrink.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:00 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had a terrible dream last night. Dreamt I was with my mom and daughter and we were arguing over why mom wouldn't let me use the side yard next to the house to park my car. She said, no way, and I got very angry and started throwing and breaking things. My daughter was very upset with me, but I didn't care, just kept trashing the house. In the dream I remember feeling really guilty for doing so much damage and for letting my anger run rampant. When I woke up I thought it was real, thought that I had really done those things. Was greatly relieved that it was just a dream.
Old 09-03-2023, 02:32 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Last few nights I've had scary dreams. Girls' dad was in some of them and he was antagonistic and mean. Another dream had the girls wrecking the house and refusing to clean up their messes. I woke up from these dreams feeling anxious and afraid. Nothing in my life right now is scary or bad so don't know why I'm having such bad dreams.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:33 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Least I'm going to pray that those cease, and your sleep is filled with pleasant dreams.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:50 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ Astro, about a week and a half ago my daughter called me early Sat am to tell me that my sister's (nycsis) cancer had come back aggressively and that she is now in hospice care. I think that's why my dreams have been so disturbing and weird. Sis has been in them too, which is unusual. I want to call her but am afraid of waking her up. She's getting morphine for the awful pain, and comfort measures, whatever that means.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:50 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Sending comfort, caring hugs your way Least.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:36 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

More strange dreams last night. Ck woke me up today to tell me that Sally had died today. I'll never again get to see her or talk to her. I am devastated and in shock. I feel like I'm dreaming, that this can't be true, it can't be happening.
Old 09-05-2023, 03:47 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry for your loss least

D
Old 09-05-2023, 04:29 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Me too Least, sorry for your sister's passing.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:32 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This was expected when she got worse a few months ago, but still feel like I'm in the middle of a bad dream. Altho part of me feels guilty for feeling relief that her pain and suffering finally ended. She was in terrible pain the last couple months. I am worried too that someone is taking care of her 3 cats. She was devoted to her cats, and for the last several years had been giving her one cat sub q fluids every day for his ongoing health condition.

It's hard to adjust to the new reality.
Old 09-06-2023, 05:43 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your sister, least. I am a believer in the new vessel we receive in Heaven, and the cancer ridden body being shed. No more need for morphine, and no pain. I know you're hurting, but I'm sure you'll have sweet memories as time passes.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:29 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Still having strange and somewhat disturbing dreams. I can't remember a lot, but most of them involved a house I was living in (??) and my kids, usually making a mess or refusing to clean up after themselves. My sister Sally has been in my dreams a lot. Can't remember details of her in my dreams, but she was there.

Got a call from my nephew Ian today. We had a nice long talk, he was talking about who took her cats and what would become of her belongings and who would be the executor of her will. He saw the will and said that she had not named anyone to be the executor so maybe when it gets to probate court, the judge will name someone for that job. I hope it's not me, as I'm not good at stuff like that. If they say it's me, I'll ask if Ian can do it. He's smarter than I am and would do a good job.

He told me also that her best friend Mary is so devastated that Sally died. She and Sally have been friends for at least 50 yrs. She is beside herself trying to absorb this new reality. He said she is not coping well at all. I friended her on fb so we could message each other. She is a dear lady and Sally had complete trust in her.

It still doesn't seem possible that Sally is gone, never to return to this life. I know that once she died and went to heaven, she would no longer be in pain or discomfort. That knowledge comforts me a little, at least to know she's no longer suffering. But to realize I'll never see her again is so painful to acknowledge.

One thing I'm really glad for is that we never had fights where we didn't talk to each other. We had disagreements, but never escalated to hate or dislike. My family was very loving and we never had knock-down-dragout fights. No animosity between siblings or our parents. So I'm glad Sally and I never had anything like that growing up. We had loving parents who read to us, taught us manners by example, and treated each of us kids equally.

I am constantly thinking of Sally and our many memories, all good ones. I'm glad we didn't part with rancor, the only thing that separated us was physical distance.

Rest in peace, Sally. I love you and am glad you were my sister.

I got a couple details wrong, it wasn't Puerto Rico she volunteered at, it was Haiti.