Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 120

Old 01-03-2023, 09:03 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I too miss the Thanks button!
Grateful a friend is coming for tea this morning.
Grateful for a little break from the rain today, but grateful more is coming. Might try to get out in the van this afternoon since we'll have a little sun.
Grateful the friend's visit inspired me to dust. It was dusty here for sure.
Grateful for seeing a pair of Hermit Thrushes in the backyard this morning, and a Ruby Crowned Kinglet in the front yard yesterday evening.
Old 01-03-2023, 10:59 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - Here's hoping you feel better soon.
PalmerSage - I miss that button too - trying not to whine about it. Thought it would be back by now.
Yes - packing up Christmas is bittersweet for sure. I started wondering if I'd be here next Christmas - then told myself to shut up.
Grateful it's not Jan. 3 back when I was drinking. Such misery - trying to come out of a weeks-long holiday binge.
Grateful my new healthier eating will begin shortly. Soon as all the junk is gone.
Grateful for mild temps., but it's so gloomy out.
Grateful our neighbor brought over dinner last night. Steak, potato salad, rolls, dessert. Claimed he had bought too much food. (We thought it was odd, but very nice.)
Grateful for today's posts. Always interesting.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:12 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Grateful for workers who repair roads.
Old 01-03-2023, 11:58 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I miss Aly too
I also keep looking for the thanks button.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:41 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:45 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Zura forgot to say how sorry I am you are feeling so ill. Hope you can get some positive answers and relief.
PS, lurgy is just basically a term for a flu like sickness. I learned it a couple weeks ago thanks to Zura! and I think Jack used the term too. On a different note, I am so sorry for the added stress of your mom’s situation. I cannot even imagine how stressful that is. I echo Fearless in the hope you can find some ways to nurture yourself and get support. Easier said than done though, I know.
Hev, big hugs on big feelings with putting away the Christmas decor.
I never heard back from Aly when I reached out a while back. I miss her too.
Also missing Free and hoping her eye is healing.
CBS, oooh I am jealous about the health insurance. I realized yesterday that I pay more for health insurance than I do for my mortgage and that is stressful. It’s almost as much as my mortgage, taxes and insurance combined and that is saying a LOT for living in Austin. I am glad I was just honest with our CFO yesterday about how stressful (and not family friendly) it is. I will save some money by not paying for my ex but still. It’s a lot.

Grateful for a good therapy session yesterday. Got some insights around why being around a family of drinkers could have exacerbated existing feelings of loneliness (duh, but sometimes it takes someone at a remove to help see things), around not beating myself up for not moving home when the kids were little because it wasn’t a straightforward decision and none of us knows the future, and some understanding for how low I was feeling and that as humans we all dip down like that sometimes. I mean, I knew that already but it felt so heavy and so prolonged it was like it was new.
Grateful for tortilla soup. I had frozen some that I made a while back and it was actually better on reheating. Love that it also allowed me to use up some old tortilla chips, even the crumbs.
Grateful for my job.
Grateful the walls I repaired in my daughter’s room look really good—at least to me!
Grateful I worked late last night to get through a lingering task that is now mostly done.
Grateful for ice water.
Grateful for SR and any of the magical people who will hopefully one day bring back the thanks button.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:50 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Grateful I got to play tennis last night
Grateful my daughter is going back to school
Old 01-04-2023, 05:19 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I’ve been out of action for a few days with the lurgy. We have all been down with it here. I’m very grateful to be drinking coffee this morning again.
I happily missed out on the snow storm but happy I will be out today even in 60 mph wind gusts. I have errands and the Gdaughter that has not been sick will be with me. She’s arriving early so I hope that means my son is working a regular job today. I need to stock up on Lysol to kill germs. We have all been sick this season.
Grateful my Gson can with us and fill the gas tank up in this rotten wind.
I miss Aly also. I hope she and her mother are well. Sad she disappeared and I hope she is able to pop in again soon.
Grateful I can shower and get the lurgy off!
Old 01-04-2023, 07:37 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Numblady, that stinks about the insurance. It does make me feel grateful for my own insurance. But I’m very sorry you have that stressor. So glad you had a good session!
IMV, I hope you feel better soon!
Grateful sonny boy has decided to listen to us and wear a rain coat to school. He has been objecting until now. But now hearing the news and the already heavy rain has got him thinking logically. Lol
Grateful to have slept in - slept 9 hours!
Grateful for a great meeting with my professional coach yesterday (a benefit offered through my work) and to be more clear about my career trajectory. Specifically the pressure I feel to pursue another promotion is not healthy for me and that such a promotion would not be for the right reasons or true to myself
Grateful for all of you!
Old 01-04-2023, 08:08 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBS62 View Post
...What is lurgy? ...
Derivation shown at this Wikipedia link:

The Goon Show/Lurgi

Several of the words and phrases invented for the show soon entered common usage, the most famous being the word lurgi. In the episode "Lurgi Strikes Britain", Spike Milligan introduced the fictional malady of Lurgi (sometimes spelled Lurgy), which has survived into modern usage to mean the common cold, or any miscellaneous or non-specific illness (often preceded by the adjective "dreaded"). ,,,
Old 01-04-2023, 08:21 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Fearless, glad you slept and glad your coaching session brought clarity around career goals.
NL, I feel ya on health insurance. Now that I'm not working and Mr. T is gone, I pay for it myself, and it's one of my biggest expenses.
Zura, I hope you are feeling better soon.
Palmer, thinking of you with your mom's health crisis. Glad you took an extra day off ... managing a parent's care can take so much time and energy, and is often exhausting.

Grateful for a paddle and a bird walk during our break in the rain yesterday.
Grateful I saw a group of six Red-Breasted Mergansers, cooperatively fishing. These ducks would swim along with their foreheads underwater, looking for schools of little fish. When they saw one, the group would converge around it lightning-fast and kind of herd the fish into a circle, then pounce and feed on them. Then the Pelicans would dive bomb in the middle of it to get in on the feeding. I only see these in the winter, and not very frequently, so I was very excited.
Grateful a random stranger asked me what the Mergansers were, so I could talk about them. I was so excited to see them fishing and really wanted to tell someone.
You can tell I like the Mergansers haha!
Grateful to live near the ocean and to be able to see wild things.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:07 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Turs - They are so handsome.
Grateful the warm temps are continuing. Worried for Cali though - big storms with lots of rain.
Grateful most Christmas stuff is put away & I didn't do my usual sloppy job.
Grateful MrH did the grocery shopping since this flu is still hanging on.
Grateful we are closer than ever to Spring. (Except for our Aussies)
Grateful for our friendship here.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:13 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Caramel thanks for the clarification on large. I had never heard of it until this thread.
Turs I love Mergansers too. We have them in the city at some of our man made lakes.
Hev I got Christmas put away and as usual I keep finding little things that I forgot to put up. So I will do a second put up soon of the latest collection.
Fearless what a nice sleep! 9 hours!
IMV I am glad you are feeling better. Hope you are all well soon.
Matts Bro glad you got in some more tennis. Do you play doubles or singles?
NL I am glad your walls turned out good.

Grateful I timed my trip to the PO right. When I got home we had a driving rain storm.
Grateful for a clean house.
Grateful for no meetings or appointments today.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I got my new night guard yesterday. Hoping it will help my TMJ and maybe my tooth pain.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:43 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Morning all 🌞

The lurgy turned out to be covid, no flu like symptoms...but woozy, low energy etc. So I'm off with the fairies again 😜 I'll be back when I can follow along properly. I hope everyone who is having a hard time is getting by ok.

As always wishing everyone a beautiful day ❤️.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:20 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Mattsbro, glad you got some tennis in
Hevyn, happy to hear Mr. H did the shopping
Grateful for all of you
Grateful I will be cooking something in the crockpot. It is so much easier to manage when I am never sure when Mr. A will be done with work
Grateful for Riley
Old 01-04-2023, 01:21 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Speaking of mergansers.

[/url]

Old 01-04-2023, 02:59 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my doctor could see me this morning. I hope the meds he prescribed can help me.
Old 01-04-2023, 03:03 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-121-a.html (Morning Gratitude Part 121)
D