Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 120

Old 11-21-2022, 10:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 120

last part here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-119-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 119)
D
Old 11-22-2022, 03:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful (kind of?) I woke up an hour before my alarm went off.
Grateful I get to see my favorite work colleagues/friends today.
Grateful to be looking at the positive side of having very little support for my work project - it allows me to somewhat manage expectations and create a little bubble around the people I do have.
Grateful to be taking things less personally at work.
Grateful the cleaners are coming this morning, and I got a decent amount done during my "pre-clean" yesterday.
Grateful to be getting back on top of the laundry, finally!
Grateful to spend some time with my older son yesterday.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 11-22-2022, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

PS did not take shot gun so I will.
Old 11-22-2022, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for my health, I had to take my Mom to the ER yesterday and saw many people and some younger then myself there
Grateful for my experience in healthcare which helped me to be knowledgeable while talking with the Drs and nurses
Grateful for my calmness and focus
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-22-2022, 04:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Grateful for Dee and the new part.
Grateful for Turs’ good news—the new grandchild, bonding with toddler, nanny providing relief, and the watercolor being sold. All wonderful news!
Grateful to hear back from Britbird. She is doing well and coming up on the one year mark. She will pop round eventually! Just a lot on her plate.
Grateful I got back to sleep after waking up around 3 and being sure I never would.
Grateful to join a new FB group of lawyer moms who renovate, decorate, and design or some such. highly specific! PS in particular I imagine you would appreciate how many of them reference the analysis paralysis. But anyhow I am going to get some ideas about my home office/guest room since I’ve realized the door is too narrow for many options. I poked around yesterday—people will get tons of comments on everything from flooring types to wall colors, etc. I’m excited!
Grateful a friend came over last night for dinner and then talking. I am realizing I tap out of wanting to talk after about an hour but it was just nice to see her and also be in more company than just myself and my thoughts.
Grateful I have a handy man coming today (he needed to move appointment to today).
Grateful the kids come home today.
Grateful for a new day.
Grateful for the GP.
Old 11-22-2022, 04:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the new part. Thanks Dee!

Grateful to share my recovery story with someone who needed to hear it.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-22-2022, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dee thanks for the new thread!
Free I hope your pre root canal Appointment went well.
Fearless Jennifer Coolidge is who I think you are referring to in White Lotus. I love her too. Ever since Best in Show I get a kick out of her.
Turs congrats on the new grand baby and the painting!
PS I woke up early too, thanks to the cat scratching on my door. Lots to do anyway with work and Thanksgiving prep.
Alpine I hope your mom is okay.
NL I hope you have a nice reunion with your kids.

Grateful the I only have to take the antibiotic once a day for 7 days.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for an unexpected refund from the endodontist.
Grateful it looks like the new health insurance from work will cost me less.
Grateful for SR and the GP!

Old 11-22-2022, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

NL, I forgot to say what a wonderful exchange between you and your daughter, love to read that stuff.

Grateful PS is more regularish on thread
Grateful Alpine has six months! 😁🎁❤️🤓🥳🎉🪄🎏🪅🪄🎈
CBS, how cool to have a kitty wake you up 😂
FBL, it’s therapeutic for them and US, eh? Glad you told the, your story.

Grateful for a quick driveby
Grateful for coffee
Grateful slept ok despite an overload of sad and overwhelming feelings yesterday, they are still lingering today. Not sure how to handle a situation yet.

Grateful to be sober
Grateful to Dee for the new thread
Grateful for SR
Old 11-22-2022, 07:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful for mild weather over the holiday weekend
Old 11-22-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Tursiops - Congrats on the new baby in your family.
NL - I'm grateful when someone wants to talk - but I reach my limit at around an hour too. I hesitate to call some people because I know I'll never be able to end the conversation easily. I hate to lie & make up an excuse.
Grateful I no longer have FOMO when the holidays arrive.
Grateful for bagels.
Grateful for a gorgeous sunset last night & sunny day today.
Grateful for SR & all the wonderful people I've come to know here.
Grateful for each of you.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hev, I’ve been meatless a couple times a week for a while and it makes me feel healthier 😊
Turps, big congrats on the new grandbaby! And on the painting sale as well. How cool! Maybe you’ll consider selling more?
Numblady, glad you heard from Britbird
CBS, yes that’s her. I loved Best in Show too!
Grateful to get to SF yesterday. Once again did the coastal Golden Gate Bridge trail, this time with the boys before we headed into the city. Such a gorgeous day! Had a great time eating lunch and hanging out in Saf taking photos too
Grateful/not grateful internet was down and off/on for three days. The aging research center up the street installed fiber optics last summer and it’s messed up the neighborhood cable and signals. Techs have been working hard on fixing this problem. Supposedly it’s been fixed now, but still very slow especially in certain rooms in our house 🙃. Grateful that I’m off work this week and don’t really need it. Grateful for alternatives like Starbucks up the street, and there’s the office if I need to go in next week. Grateful also for all the researchers despite their messing up the signals 😂 Grateful to recharge without tv and internet and just play monopoly last night
Grateful Mr F went grocery shopping
Grateful to move a few things around in the yard and repurpose an old table as a plant stand
Grateful for a good run this morning
Grateful for Black Friday deals
Grateful despite high gas prices, they have dropped a little and I love my hybrid!
Old 11-22-2022, 04:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new part, Dee!
Instead of considering myself late for posting today, I'm going to consider myself early for posting tomorrow.
Grateful for a couple days' rest, amazing how tiring a toddler can be! I'm going back over this evening to stay the night ... will be there most of this week so may not post much.
Grateful to feel calm about the holidays and to feel like I've released myself from obligations to my siblings, and from FOMO. I'm not making big plans, not doing any cooking, just want the holidays to be quiet for me. Probably will see Mr. T's kids & grandkids but not doing a bunch of shopping or making a big deal of it. I'm just ... kinda over it this year, but I don't feel badly. That feels like progress.
Grateful for you all.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful to have gone for a short walk with Mr. A at his lunch time
Grateful I finally found a Dr..although appointment is not until end of February
Grateful I slept kind of well
Grateful for my patience
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-23-2022, 04:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

FBL, glad you could share your recovery story like that.
CBS, Fearless — ahhh, yes I know who that is. Had to go Google her to be sure. So funny in Best in Show (and Legally Blonde and American Pie). LIke her middle name too (that’s my name).
Zencat, glad you are here.
Free, sounds like a difficult situation indeed. Hope some clarity comes to you soon.
Hev, funnily enough in some ways I think of myself as good at ending conversations but thinking about it more, I think it’s just for work stuff. I am hit or miss in life, and especially struggle if the person or people are in my house. Guess it’s good I don’t have people over very often!
Fearless, sounds like the best way to make the best of the Internet situation but that would get old after a while! Hope it continues to improve. That hike sounds so incredible. Maybe some day…
Turs, that definitely sounds like progress. Nurturing yourself through this on your terms is hopefully the most healing. The energy drain that comes with pretending we want things we don’t want interferes with health and peace in my estimation.
Alpine, sheesh! That is a long time to wait. Hope this doc can get you what you need.

Grateful that even though my throat hurts, the rest of me still feels ok so I can go walk with a friend and hopefully have a normal-ish break.
Grateful I don’t have to work today and for the relative peace of my job.
Grateful my work day yesterday involved a meeting where I got favorable feedback from my boss and colleague on handling a difficult topic.
Grateful to have connected with a handy man based on neighborhood referrals. He charges “what you think is fair” which is actually sort of worse than an hourly rate, but he does really seem to like to help people. And knows a lot about appliances and seemingly everything else house related. It makes things that have seemed like nearly insurmountable tasks feel more possible. I don’t have anyone in my immediate sphere who knows how to do stuff on a house, myself included, so it is a comfort to have someone I can ask/turn to.
Grateful to see friends yesterday. Helps get me out of my bubble of self interest to remember other people are dealing with a lot of grief. My friend lost both her parents in the span of 4 months last year and so facing the holidays is really tough for her. Just grateful for the reminder everyone we meet is facing a battle we can’t see and know nothing about. Or know a lot about but can’t exactly help.
Grateful it’s a bit warmer today.
Grateful I am not cooking much of anything tomorrow. May do homemade rolls and will do green bean casserole but that’s pretty much it.
Grateful for a chance to come here.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful, so incredibly grateful, that the cleaners came yesterday for the first time since June.
Grateful to be sitting in my clean dining room with the fireplace burning.
Grateful to continue on my streak to depersonalize work - or at least to try to.
Grateful my MIL and SIL are doing so much of the food prep for tomorrow.
Grateful to be able to send a non-defensive text to my brother about Thanksgiving plans for my parents without overthinking it too much.
Grateful for morning quiet.
Grateful for this group, I'm reading every word even though I'm not great about responding lately.
Grateful, incredibly grateful, to be sober.

Old 11-23-2022, 04:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a short work week.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful for finally getting some decent sleep last night…
Old 11-23-2022, 04:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Zen and Intro!

OMG we are all soooooo excited to live our sober lives. We are AWAKE 😬😳

Grateful,for a cruddy nights sleep
Grateful,for the coffee I’m about to pour
Grateful for an upswing in my mood, besides the overwhelming sadness of the holiday for me.
Grateful had a long necessary talk with hubby last night, we came up with solutions.🤓🥳🎉🎏🎊🎁❤️
Grateful for all of you, and me entering my THIRD sober Thanksgiving (two in a row now). The feeling is good.
Grateful to be mindful of my blessings, my health, my soul, and my evolving self care, love, and care of my spirit.

Impossible, without all of you.

Thank you, I’m on my knees with gratitude.
🙏🏼😁
Old 11-23-2022, 05:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all. Zen and Intro good to see you here!
NL I hope your sore throat goes away. Maybe just the dry heat in the house?
Free I am glad you had an upswing in your mood.

Grateful that my ear feels better and the doc said I don't have to take the antibiotics it seems the ointment worked!
Grateful I took today off. I am going to make a pecan pie, a pumpkin pie and the cranberry sauce. Also I am playing tennis ;0)
Grateful I just need to go to the grocery one more time for a few things, I hope.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful my daughters are each making a dish for tomorrow and my husband does the turkey and the gravy.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Free, that’s so awesome about the third sober holiday!
CBS, happy to hear your ear is better 😊 And that you are playing tennis too
Turps, it’s nice that we can just chill out and not make big plans. I call it JOMO. The joy of missing out
Numblady, I hope you don’t get full blown sick. Agree on getting out to be social. Helps to get us out of our heads. That would be so tough to deal with the loss of both parents in such a short period
Palmer, glad you are still able to post despite everything going on. I miss you when you are not here

Grateful for another long hike yesterday, this time solo. Cried my eyes out for a bit. That was unexpected. Thinking of my brother who died by suicide 31 years ago yesterday. My Dad’s two year death anniversary is coming up, two days after Thanksgiving. Grateful that being in nature makes me see all the beauty around us all the time, and makes me think about death and rebirth whatever that means. Saw the most beautiful monarch and thought about how symbolic it was matching my thoughts in that moment
Grateful to find a great sober podcast - Over the Influence. Grateful for Ryan Dusick’s interview and to get his book Harder to Breath.
Grateful to only be making Brussels sprouts and salad for thanksgiving. Mr F is making the sprouts so my job is really easy
Grateful for the warm fire
Grateful for my beautiful cogs
Grateful to refinish my art table. I have an old TV tray that I decoupaged with quotes from Mr Rogers from an old calendar. I did this a while ago but hadnt sealed it yet. So I finished it with a sealant then an epoxy resin. It looks super cool! I used the left over epoxy on some hand painted rocks 😊 Missing Daisy as we used to share a passion for rock painting