Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 120

Old 12-30-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Grateful I heard the alarm at 6:00 AM even though I forgot I turned the volume down yesterday. I am grateful for morning quiet time with the kitty everyday.
Grateful I rediscovered jackets and coats put in locked spare room closet. 18 year old Gson is roosting in there now.
Grateful I’m meeting with sponsor today.
I’m hopefully having Gdaughter this afternoon. Her mother who is an alcoholic is 130 miles away. She messaged me Xmas and I relayed it to my son. Now he asks if I’m sneaking her a visit with Gdaughter. I was very surprised he thinks I would. If she is here in town with her parents I have no knowledge of it and will not be drawn into drama. No more relaying messages either. He never responded back and I’m dropping it for good.
Grateful for no snow today and a high of 40. The wind is always here sadly.
Grateful my daughter caught the mailman yesterday. I had a package for Xmas trapped in box. She lost the key and stubbornly will not pay the fee to have post office change the lock.
Grateful for the Serenity Prayer. If I could only remember to use it 100 times a day life would be calmer.
Grateful to be here sober.
Grateful I have a private area for the kitten and I and a locking door.
Grateful for everyone here.
Alpine and fearless all of those tacos sound delicious!
Old 12-30-2022, 06:56 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hello to all. Zura I hope you are okay.
Jack good to see you.
Alpine glad you had some time with Mr. A. I hope you sleep better tonight.
NL it seems to me you are gaining a sense of empowerment without your ex. That is wonderful.
PS I am so sorry your mom is struggling. I hope you and her caregivers can figure out a solution for her state.
Imv I hope you enjoy your granddaughter today.

Grateful I am playing tennis today.
Grateful we are keeping my granddaughter tonight.
Grateful that so far no one seems to be sick from our Christmas gatherings.
Grateful as always for my home made latte.
Grateful for a quiet house.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I got my New Years card ordered and my mailing list is almost finished.
Grateful for a nice hike yesterday and the squirrel whose head we saw poking out of a hole in a tree.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:30 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Numblady, ditto what Alpine said!
Hev, so glad you are starting to feel better
Palmer, I’m wondering if your mom is experiencing “Sun downing”. Something that affected my Dad. Glad your headache is gone
Grateful for some positive and educational material on LinkedIn
Grateful to remember my dad yesterday, the second anniversary of his funeral. Grateful to also connect with his best friend who led the service on his birthday. Such a sweet man, now in his mid 90’s and still doing great.
Grateful for really fun board games and to also work on a Spider man puzzle with the boys last night
Grateful for a friend who offered to help with sonny boys HS application since we are having technical difficulties
Grateful to surround myself with only people who want the best for me
Grateful for imv reminder of serenity prayer. How have I been forgetting that? Going to get back to it. It is the most basic yet most important tool in my sobriety tool kit
Grateful my inner world feels a little bit brighter today
Old 12-30-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Grateful for IMV's reminder of the serenity prayer ... it works for so many circumstances.
NL - I'm glad your despair is lifting and hope that continues. You've had a lot on your shoulders. Good on ya for tackling the painting, and sorry you got stuck with it.
Palmer, I'm sorry to hear of your mom's difficulties and being in the hospital. It sounds like your efforts to get your parents moved and connected to more care were very well-timed and needed. You've been doing such a good job.
Fearless, hugs to you in remembering your dad. We share this loss of our fathers over the holidays ... my dad's funeral anniversary was yesterday, 5 years ago. Christmas was always a big deal to my parents, so I miss them especially this time of year.
Hev, I'm glad you're feeling a little better and that it's not covid!
Grateful I cleaned all my office files yesterday and have a big pile of stuff to shred. Grateful to have wrapped up all of Mr. T's estate stuff and to be shredding all the non-essential documents. Even that is a little hard to let go of. All part of the process I guess.
Grateful Mr. T's little grandson is coming to hang out for the morning. We have some rainy day projects lined up and a couple new toys to keep him busy.
Grateful for the rain.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

PalmerSage - It's a miserable time to be going through for all of you. I hope there can be a solution to make it less painful.
Imv - Good that you're refusing to be drawn into that situation - but I know how difficult it is to avoid.
Tursiops - I'm glad you have dealing with the estate behind you.
Grateful for all of you, & your good wishes. It really means so much.
Grateful for warmer weather & a bit of sun.
Grateful to be determined to take better care of my health in the new year - mainly by eating less garbage.
Grateful it's not the end of a long holiday drinking binge - how could I have ever thought it was fun.
Love to all.
Old 12-30-2022, 12:07 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

NL and CBS - sometimes I have quiet periods, I just get lost with the fairies 🤣. I'm ok but it's lovely that you were thinking of me ❤️.

Grateful our matching pendants arrived. They're of our fav family tv show, Supernatural, me and the kids are going to wear them on our key rings. I told them it was to commemorate learning to drive, but really it's a coming of age thing. They're flying the nest, or driving away rather and I want them to each carry a piece of something that connects us with each other, always ❤️. I was sneaky about it though, ssshhhh don't tell them 😜.

Grateful my son is ok. Night before last he messaged me at 2am that he'd had an accident at work, been "electrocuted". I asked him if he was in hospital he said no and I was having hard time getting answers as to what was going on so I raced down to his work......he had only been shocked, not electrocuted, and it had happened about three hours before. But I took him to the hospital anyway because his left arm was tingling and he had a few other concerning symptoms. About nine hours later we go home with the all clear. The doc said the wattage he was exposed to wasn't usually harmful but it certainly can and does cause serious issues so I'm glad I took him in.

About halfway through our wait he woke up from sleeping, started complaining and threatening to leave and being a complete PIA. Wouldn't listen that we needed to follow through and get the results of the EKG etc. He kept on and on. I said I can tell your back to yourself but we still need to stay, you need urgent treatment for your bad attitude 😂 (I didn't add because I'm going to strangle you otherwise 🤣 ). Ofcourse I was secretly relieved he was back to his PIA self, not something I'm usually overjoyed about 🤣🤣🤣.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:58 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Fearless, the first thing that comes to mind is sund downing. So sorry you are dealing with this. And, not to sound strange, look out during a full moon. People with cognitive issues and people often in skill care facilities have a darn hard time.
Old 12-31-2022, 03:34 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Grateful we got the yard at the new house mostly raked
Grateful the facility where my Mom is finally gave her a shower
Grateful the previous owner..previous to the previous one stopped by as we were raking and filled us in on the house.
Grateful MIL ordered some takeout when we got back to her place. All I had to do was make some salads. When she went to pick it up I cleaned her dishes and pots that were in the sink for her.
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-31-2022, 05:55 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Awww thanks Alpine, Fearless, CBS and everyone else for supportive words around empowerment from/without ex.
PS, that sounds so unbelievably hard. The right thing can be so painful and I am really sorry.
Imv good job not getting sucked in to the drama vortex.
Zura, lost with the fairies. I love it! I would like to do more of that honestly. Glad things are okay with your son and that you got it checked out.

Grateful it was super quiet at work yesterday so I got through email catch up as well as some of my outstanding deliverables.
Grateful to my friend who agreed to be the speaker for our meeting today.
Grateful my room is orderly even if the rest of the house is in a bit of disarray with all my daughter’s stuff (removed so we can paint). Holding out hope this may inspire her to further purge some of her stuff.
Grateful I slept in. It makes me feel bad because my mornings are less productive but with the lingering crud I am guessing I needed it.
Grateful I do not have to be out on the roads tonight.
Grateful for recipes. I am going to try and work my way through a list of a food editor/writer’s top recipes for the whole year (nothing serious, fancy or critically acclaimed; just Buzzfeed) and see what I find that is a keeper.
Grateful my NYE will be quiet except for all those darn people who like to set off fireworks illegally. Hope I can take some melatonin or something.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:54 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

MG - to each and every SR for the contribution to my continued recovery
for a lovely, furry ball of therapy companion Ry-Ry the Rally Cat. I'm a motorsports and Rally (hence Rally Cat) rally cars are a blast to watch. Just like kitty, fun, fun, fun anti-depression therapy.
Old 12-31-2022, 07:20 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the support RE: my mom. I wish it was still sundowners, unfortunately it has been literally 24/7 restlessness, where all day and night she is trying to get up and walk away from where she is, despite being a severe fall risk. It's not enough for one or even two people to handle, once she gets really going. Either they will be able to adjust her meds to help the situation (a ridiculously complex situation since most of the drugs that would calm down most people actually amp up people with dementia), or we are facing end of life/hospice. I'm not sure my dad and brother really understand that. Fearless, CBS, Alpine, Turs - thinking of your losses also, thank God we have each other to lean on.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to try to stay focused and not get drawn in to my brother's angst.
Grateful for a really nice time with the ILs.
Grateful to connect with the people who are caring for my mom.
Grateful we are not low-income and thus completely at the mercy of the elder care system.
Grateful my husband has been understanding and supportive lately.
Grateful I forgot it was even NYE, I hate this overrated holiday, ha!
Grateful to be sober.
Old 12-31-2022, 08:07 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Numblady, glad you were able to catch up yesterday and hope you enjoy some R&R now
Alpine, that’s how it was with my dad
Zura, your post made me laugh 😂 I am glad your husband is ok. I love that idea about the matching jewelry!
Palmer, thinking of you. Hoping the medical team can find the right meds to calm her and keep her comfortable. So painful and difficult to watch ❤️
Grateful Mr F and sonny boy made it safely to drop off cousin, and back home,e in the rain and bad traffic. Grateful I had the day to myself. Difficult morning leading to a fight with sonny boy. Grateful that at least he was calm in the beginning and the anger didn’t escalate to levels like it used to. Last night thugs were back to normal and it was a nice quiet evening
Grateful to come up with a creative solution to NYE celebration that works for everyone and sonny boy also gets to see his friends
Grateful the house is pretty clean. Just need to do the floors and prepare a few things for dinner guests tonight
Grateful for another sober NYE!
Old 12-31-2022, 09:44 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Palmer, circumstances with your mom sounds so scary and upsetting. Also hard when you might be the only one seeing the reality of the situation ... it's hard carrying that alone. Thinking of you as you navigate this difficult time.
So grateful for all of you and for our community.
Grateful for spending the whole day with my grandson yesterday ... he napped at my house for the first time, giving his parents a long day off (which they sorely needed, having caught colds).
Grateful to have very quiet plans for new year's ... possibly joining the kids for early dinner ... then up before dawn to meet some friends nearby who are taking a short hike to watch the sunrise over our local mountains. I don't really like getting up early, but I decided it would be an inspiring way to start the new year -- greeting the dawn!
Grateful to be safe and warm in my home.
Old 12-31-2022, 10:10 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - That must have been scary when son was injured. Glad it was ok.
Alpine - I just now read about sun downing - glad you mentioned it so we can understand better. Bless you for working in that profession. I doubt I could.
PalmerSage - Saw this with my mom & then mother-in-law. It is torment. Our hearts are with you. I don't care for NYE either.
Turs - I love the idea of the morning sunrise! How about some musical accompaniment from Cat Stevens ...' Morning Has Broken'. Just kidding - no music needed for that lovely event. Enjoy.
Grateful for the unexpected friendship of my neighbor. She wanted to know more about my alcoholism - but not in a nosy way. Confided in me that she's afraid her daughter-in-law is headed for trouble with her drinking habits. Glad to be able to share some of what I've learned (the hard way).
Grateful for a warm day, even if it's cloudy & dreary.
Grateful that we are all here together as another year ends - it means t he world that we can count on each other.
Grateful to not be hungover & headed for misery.
Love to all!

Old 12-31-2022, 10:22 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Good morning 🌞

Alpine - I hope your new house works out well and that it soon feels like 'home'.
NL - I hope you have a relaxing quiet NYE. Ironically I got woken at 12pm from the neighbourhood dogs barking at the illegal fireworks. Not something that usually happens here.
Zencat - Ry Ry the Rally Cat!! Love it!!
PS - I'm so sorry about your mum, very heartbreaking experience for you. Thinking of you ❤️.
Fearless - hehe it was my son...if I had a husband I'd hope he'd have more sense then my darling boy 😂😂😂. I hope you have a lovely NYE with your family.
Turs - that sounds like a lovely way to commemorate the new year. You've inspired me....I think if I leave now I can make it to the lake by sunrise....actually it's probably too far to make in time so I shall walk down to the creek instead.

I hope everyone has a lovely evening if you celebrate, and ofcourse even if you don't ❤️.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:05 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Late to the party today Was busy with my granddaughter who spent the night and then went to play tennis.
Grateful for 3 sets of really good doubles tennis. But now I have a sore back. So I am going to go get some more epsom salts.
Grateful for a warm dreary day. Makes me appreciate the sunny ones.
Grateful for continued good sleep. So much better than in early sobriety.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for this awesome community we have here!
Grateful we are staying home for a quiet night with rib eyes, baked potatoes and asparagus. Maybe watch a movie. Kind of wish it was cold so we could have a fire but it is 70 F right now.
Happy New Year to all.
Old 12-31-2022, 01:06 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Grateful to forgive. They did their best.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:20 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Zencat hooray for Rally cat!
PS, ditto what Turs said re: your mom and the heavy burden of being the one who can see the reality of it (possibly mixed with the burden of not being the one in control of the decisions).Sounds agonizing and I am glad you are finding some other things to do besides focus on that.

Grateful the confounded fireworks finally ended or the sleep aid combo kicked in at some point shortly after midnight. Was the worst year I can recall. It was like the whole house was getting shook by heavy artillery. I just don’t understand the appeal.
Grateful my dog isn’t too fazed by fireworks. Just slept as usual and would occasionally startle and then go back to sleep.
Grateful for the kind souls who have put so much helpful content online. I have learned so much in the past not even 24 hours. My workmanship is pretty sloppy and amateur but I’m learning. And it’s not like it needs to be perfect. My standards are pretty low to begin with plus just knowing it’s for my daughter so it’s going to get a good deal more wear and tear before she moves somewhere, I feel pretty okay with my somewhat shoddy work.
Grateful I bought myself a delayed present of a brand new drill and impact wrench. I don’t even know what the impact is for but I’ll find out eventually!
Grateful I found a hand sander in the shed. I had no idea we had one and it should come in quite handy with all my bumpy wall patches.
Grateful I did absolutely nothing celebratory on NYE. I ate leftovers and a handful of milk duds and spent the time working on my daughter’s room and cleaning the house.
Grateful for each and every one of you.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:27 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

PS, I totally get it, I worked with people with PD for many years and my FIL had it and had the same issues as your Mom. Big hug to you
Grateful we found a lamp we can use to paint the ceilings in the house
Grateful I slept well
Grateful I should be able to hand wash my car today at the house, it needs it terribly
Grateful for all of you
Old 01-01-2023, 05:28 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new YEAR of sober adventures!

Grateful for another day sober.