Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 119

Old 11-20-2022, 05:47 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Just stopping by to see what's going on - will have to catch up tomorrow.
Busy day - I've never learned to use my time wisely.
Love to all.
Old 11-21-2022, 03:53 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Free, yes I will be at the party with bells on . Especially if there is cheese.
PS, Fearless, totally agree re: the people working in elder care. Saints among us.
CBS, hope your daughter’s tortilla soup turns out better than mine did!
Fearless that is funny about your dad making refried beans. I was thinking that might be my next step!

Grateful for a really nice time with my daughter. This isn’t what made it nice but it is strange how much she is like I was as a young girl—feeling like she needs to get a gift for all her relatives near and far. Grateful that at one point she turned to me and told me she liked spending time with me and I told her the same. Sure does feel a lot better than her slamming doors in my face.
Grateful I signed up to chair some in person meetings in March. It is scary but also helping me to think about staying sober through the holidays. Can’t chair the meetings if I don’t have at least 6 months continuous sobriety. And I’m proud enough that I wouldn’t want to have to un-sign up and admit I slipped. Whatever it takes I guess!
Grateful that I will tell my sponsor about holiday dread and wanting to drink, instead of just keeping it to myself as an escape hatch to the bottle.
Grateful I was able to help out at the dance studio as a volunteer yesterday. Feels nice to have room in my life for that kind of thing.
Grateful I have a handy man coming by today to look at some things and hopefully install some blinds.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-21-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful for a walk I did yesterday with Mr. A despite some hip pain
Grateful we started a fire in my MIL's basement woodburning stove yesterday. I love the smell of them and the heat they
provide
Grateful I am taking time to think about issues/triggers/situations before I react
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-21-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

So happy to be back here on a routine-ish basis.

Grateful for coffee (VERY strong and bitter but I'm tired so it will help!)
Grateful for a better day with my parents yesterday.
Grateful for people who talk my ear off and carry the conversation (sometimes).
Grateful for my SIL and her helpfulness.
Grateful my younger son woke me up to take him to school at 6.
Grateful I found a cleaning crew to come tomorrow morning, after months of trying unsuccessfully to clean my house.
Grateful I'm already preparing myself to manage expectations and take any cleaning help as a true gift.
Grateful today is a telework day.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a brand new week of sober adventures.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Well my ear is not better but it's not worse. The infection is in the ear canal not the eardrum it is a sebaceous gland or cyst apparently. I have to decide if I want to call and get the antibiotics. I guess I will call the doctor and see what they think.

NL the tortilla soup turned out great. It is a tried and true recipe that we got from my FIL years ago.
Alpine we used to have a wood stove in our first house after we got married. It heated up the great room nicely.
PS I am glad things went well with your parents yesterday.
Zura I am glad your son is busy at work.
Fearless I watched season 1 of White Lotus. Need to start the next one.

Grateful for a nice birthday celebration for my husband.
Grateful for only 2 days of work this week.
Grateful my son made it safely to the Philippines.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful I don't have to travel this week.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:18 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hev, good luck getting through the busy day
Zura, I’m so grateful for my bathtub too
Numblady, I think it’s great you signed up to chair the meetings. You are helping both yourself and others.
Alpine, that is great! I am trying to do the same thing. Working on a centering grounding meditation each morning and throughout the day as needed. It is helping me
CBS, I hope your doctor can give you good direction. Season 2 of White Lotus is so far just as good. I just love the blonde lady. She is so darn funny and quirky
Grateful to not freak out when I noticed a few faint scratches on the new coffee table. Apparently the candle bowl I put on top had a sharp edge on the bottom and it caused a scratch after moving it. Grateful though it wasn’t cheap. It wasn’t super expensive either. And grateful the scratches aren’t super noticeable. I found another item that will work better there.
Grateful to watch the cogs playing. So very silly and cute
Grateful to let sonny boy have 5 of us friends over for sleepover on a whim and order pizza. As much as he talks about how we embarrass him, he can’t be that embarrassed if he wants all his friends over, and this makes me feel good about the situation. Plus I love listening in on their conversations. They are so funny
Grateful to make another attempt to go into SF today for photos. At this point, not sure it will ever happen. Sonny boy keeps procrastinating. He also has homework this week which is priority
Grateful to go for an amazing hike yesterday. Did the coastal trail to the Golden Gate Bridge. So lucky to live just 40 miles away. It was a gorgeous day!
Grateful to be off work this week
Old 11-21-2022, 10:43 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Meant to say earlier how pretty your table is - turkeys are so cute.
Free - Best wishes for tomorrow's pre root canal visit. $175.00 - good grief.
Fearless - I've had good luck with 'Old English' scratch cover. It comes in a couple different shades. I've had deep kitty scratches in the past.
Grateful for a chilly, sunny day.
Grateful to watch the first of many Christmas movies. Even if they are a little cheesy & predictable at times.
Grateful for the decision to go meatless a couple times a week.
Grateful for no pressing problems today.
Love out to everyone.

Old 11-21-2022, 10:44 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Catching up after an unexpected couple days away. Mr. T's new little grandson arrived > 2 weeks early, on Saturday. Mom and baby are doing well. I've been with their toddler for the last three days, but am getting a break today due to the regularly scheduled nanny shift. Things went well and I really bonded even more with the toddler. So grateful for them all.
CBS, so sorry about the ear! Hope it heals soon.
PS, I understand the struggle with guilt ... but it really sounds as though you've been taking such good care of your parents. It's hard that parents can't get what they really want... which is to not need help or have to make major changes in their living situations... but often that's just not possible.
NL, I hear ya about holiday dread. Holidays can be so hard after major life changes and losses. This year I'm focusing on shedding expectations, and only doing what feels comforting to me ... time for me to be a bit selfish.
Grateful I sold a watercolor painting, for the first time ... I hadn't meant to, but posted a photo on a watercolor forum seeking feedback on my technique ... and somebody wanted to buy it. I'm glad that someone feels they will enjoy it ... I love to paint, but then the paintings just pile up in my office and I don't know what to do with them.
Old 11-21-2022, 08:09 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Turs, congratulations on both counts, the painting and the new grandchild. Glad all is well.

Hev, thanks, we did get the appointment for noonish, so can ski for a couple hours before leaving over the divide.

Glad you got time outside, Fearless, it’s wonderful!

Alpine, I’m grateful for wood fires too, so cozy. We had one tonight.

CBS, glad your son is safe, my stepson is going again soon. Creeps me out, the ransom rate is so high south of Cebu.

CBS, please pm me the recipe for the soup. 🍲

PS, grateful to see you, hang in there, it’s get better.
Old 11-21-2022, 10:14 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

New part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-120-a.html (Morning Gratitude Part 120)