Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 119

Old 11-16-2022, 03:52 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Grateful I found a little black kitten outside yesterday. I guess he found me. My daughter purchased food, litter box and toys. He seems quite content and very hungry. There are many feral ones around here. Poor little guy was cold and starving.
Grateful I have errands to run with no snow today.
Grateful I’m here!
Old 11-16-2022, 03:58 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Free, do you carry probe polls, transceivers and shovels with you? We always did unless we knew we were going to a place where an avalanche could not occur.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:04 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that the snow remained light and didn't mess up the roads too much.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:31 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Alpine, sheesh! What is wrong with me? I think my brain just associates Free with snow gear and snow so it wasn’t working and I couldn’t read the very obvious name by the pic.

Grateful I’m taking a few moments to stop by.
Grateful I have therapy tomorrow. This has been an utterly brutal week with the kids that culminated in my son calling me the b word (among other and plentiful derogatory and frankly kind of abusive remarks) and losing gaming, and my daughter telling me I don’t provide parental guidance. So much door slamming and screaming. My heart hurts. Sorry that is a total whine.
Grateful that I restrained myself when my son said at some point this week how his dad overcame addiction to drugs. I could have taken a dig about him drinking to excess daily but instead I just said, “Yes, recovery is possible.”
Grateful that when my son was berating me last night I didn’t back down from saying I deserved to be treated better. The old me would have found a way to make it my fault in my head. So as awful as it was, it is progress in a way.
Grateful my son later and very genuinely apologized.
Grateful they are going to their dad’s for a while. I hope it goes ok.
Grateful today is a new day and there’s a fresh pot of coffee.
Grateful to be able to come here and read your grats. Helps me feel the light in dark times.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:10 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

So I got what I think is good news yesterday. My blood work all came back normal. The GI doctor wants me to do a "Miralax Purge" based on the X-ray of my abdomen. Sorry for the gross nature of this but apparently my colon is a little stopped up. I have not been constipated but it is not emptying out properly. So clear liquid diet after I drink 2L of Miralax mixed with Gatorade is my diet today. Then I can go back to a normal diet tomorrow! I guess the diverticulitis is cleared up. Needless to say I cannot go anywhere today. Sorry if I got too graphic. I am just going to think of this as a cleanse.

Imv it is so sweet that you are rescuing the kitten. I love black cats. We have had many over my life and they all were/are so smart with great personalities.
Alpine I am glad your hip is better and you are feeling more at peace.
Fearless you inspire me with your mention of positive thinking and improving self dialogue. I have really got to work more on my worrying and beating myself up.
Free congrats on 444 days. What a nice number.
Hev I love my heated car seats.
Zura I am glad you are feeling better.
NL I think whining, grati-whining here is okay especially if we end with some grats. I am so sorry about how poorly your kids treated you. I am glad you get a break from them and your son apologized.

Grateful I can drink black coffee at least.
Grateful for therapy yesterday but an hour never seems enough.
Grateful I can work from home especially today.
Grateful for indoor plumbing and running water. I have been watching Alone on Netflix. Puts everything in perspective.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:33 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Imvalentine - I'm so glad you found that little one. Black kitties are special.
Alpine - I'm happy you're finding peace.
Numblady - I'm so glad you got that apology - it means so much. Your way of handling it seemed to make a difference in the outcome.
CBS - Great news about your blood work. Hoping you'll feel much better when the 'cleanse' is over with.
Grateful the snow was just pretty, not deep.
Grateful to talk myself out of a grumpy mood. Woke up awfulizing but shook it off.
Grateful to actually be here in the morning for a change.
Grateful for your grats.

Old 11-16-2022, 05:49 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Hev, I’m looking forward to Christmas shows too!
Zura, glad that situation turned out to be nothing serious
Free, presentation got rescheduled to Thursday. Feeling more self confident 😊 With presentations to unfamiliar audiences, I like to pretend like I’m an actor on a stage. I can be anyone I want to be. It helps me somehow. Maybe it’s weird 😂
Numblady, OMG! My heart hurts for you! My son has called me that before too and he has told me to F off. I think these kids with ADHD have more anger issues. I don’t think I could handle that with two and with going through a divorce and everything else. I would fall apart. You handled it with Grace which is important for the kids to see. You are a rock star! I hope you have a nice break from everything while the kids are with dad so everyone can regroup love ❤️
Grateful I have all of next week off for Thanksgiving
Grateful for kringles and they are back at Trader Joe’s. Grateful I’m able to control myself and not go crazy
Grateful Friday I’m getting a facial and massage
Grateful I found a cool large basket at Marshall’s for all the couch blankets
Grateful for peace ✌️
Old 11-16-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Nothing crueler than middle school bullies, and our own children. Gosh darn. I had a low day yesterday, about my kids too.

Grateful for a solid short nights sleep
Grateful to go back to plumbing place, as some fixtures and appliances are “no longer available”, and the cabinet guy needs to know.
Grateful to meet with the cabinet guy today
Grateful to go out to dinner with friends tonight
Grateful for all of you

Alpine, with the group, we are staying in the woods or flat meadows. Too much risk otherwise.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

NL, yikes!! After all you have been through and doing. Sorry to hear about this. From reading all you are doing you are beyond amazing and supportive. Big hug to you.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:42 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I'm surprised to find I missed a day posting, when I was here at home. Like, what was I doing?
Free, congrats on 444 days!
Alpine, thank you for the beautiful snow photo. I hope your hip continues to heal.
Least - I'm glad you can get groceries delivered. Hope you're feeling better.
Zura, thank you for that lovely mental picture of breeze moving long grasses.
NL, glad you 'filled your cup' by treating yourself to a bagel stop.
CBS, thinking of you and hoping your stomach issues resolve soon.
Imvalentine, anxiety over finances is tough. I hope the support of your sponsor, and your friends here in the computer, helps ease it a bit.

Grateful my neighbor reminded me today is street sweeping and I need to move my car. Saved me a $45 ticket.
Grateful I was able to install a solar panel on the van, and it seems to be working.
Grateful I got my Christmas lights up, and on timers, so if I come home after dark, my house is lit up. It makes such a difference in the winter -- cheers me up.
Grateful to be feeling peaceful this week ... I know it may not last, but I'll take it.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:49 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

NL, so sorry about the stressful interaction with kids. So great that you stood up for yourself, and that he apologized. And you handled the comment about his dad so well.
Old 11-16-2022, 11:11 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for coffee.
Old 11-16-2022, 11:36 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Good morning all 🌞

Alpine - Im glad your finding your way back to peace, it's a horrible feeling when we're struggling.

Imvalentine - oh the poor lil kitty, nice of you to take care of it.

FBL - brrrr 🥶 stay warm.

NL - ofcourse your heart hurts 😔 giving you a big warm hug. I'm sorry you had to go through that ❤️. We love them, but they can be nasty lil you know what's. Your an amazing mum, for some reason us mums seem to cop it.

CBS - it's not graphic at all, and your just sharing what's happening in your life. I'm glad it's something that can be easily remedied.

Hev - yay for pretty, not deep snow. I'm glad you were able to turn your mood around. I hope you end up having a lovely day.

Fearless - I absolutely love your presentation tactic. I bet being creative and playful like that really adds enjoyment to your work.

Free - hugs for you too ❤️. I hope dinner with your friends is wonderful.

Turs - high five on the solar panel install There's nothing more satisfy then a DIY project that goes smoothly. I'm glad your feeling peace.

This morning I am grateful for:
- regaining my own sense of peace, must have been something in the cosmos 🤔😜
- to be healing, sometimes you don't realise how much progress your making.
- to be balanced in my internal life, feeling feelings, but not living there and letting them pass.
- for a validating video on trauma and how whilst the triggers are always probably going to be with you, it is possible to learn to regulate them so you can shirt circuit the limbic system response. Not easy but doable.
- that I decided to buy some veggie seedlings to replace the lost crops that the weather etc demolished. I've never done this before but I'm justifying this "extravagance" as a birthday present 🤭

Have a beautiful day all ❤️
Old 11-16-2022, 05:23 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

][/url]
Old 11-17-2022, 03:34 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the support around the kid stuff. Brought a tear to my eye to feel supported, seen and heard.
CBS, so glad for the positive health news and def not too graphic. We are all human. Speaking of, I watched some of Alone with my sister and her husband once when i stayed with them. It is so intense. It absolutely gave me an appreciation for how effortless it is for modern humans to get food. And how far removed we are from the reality of it. It definitely rattled and haunted me.

Grateful again for all of you.
Grateful today is therapy and Double Winner meeting.
Grateful yesterday was a light work day. I was pretty useless.
Grateful there has been some modest progress on my loan forgiveness (after 9 months of waiting, a congressional inquiry, and countless phone calls).
Grateful for the relative ease of our modern lives. Haha gives us more bandwidth to weather the storms with our pre-teens and teens.
Grateful I have woken up in time to work out and hopefully shower before an 8 o’clock meeting.
Grateful for memories of the early days of the www. I remember there were a few computers in the main library at school that could connect to I think a pop server whatever that was. And you could send and receive messages through the computer. What a wonder. I did not own a computer (?) Is this possible? I remember having to go to the computer lab that was open all night to work but I can’t remember if that was my only computer access. Grateful to have seen it all come so far.
Grateful I should be able to meet up with an old friend this weekend.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-17-2022, 03:43 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful my pot roast and roasted potatoes turned out good. Mr. A could not stop talking about it
Grateful I got the crown in my mouth now time to find a dentist I trust
Grateful for the sewing I did, I am focused on making placemats and table runners now
Grateful for some snow we are getting.
Grateful for all of you
Old 11-17-2022, 04:23 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Alpine thanks for the virtual hug from Snoopy. Peanuts was a family favorite growing up.
Zura Happy Birthday! Was it yesterday?
Turs glad your neighbor reminded you to move your car.
Fearless my daughter with ADHD has anger issues too. And no filter. You always know where you stand with her that is for sure.
Hev I am glad you were able to stop awfulizing. That is a skill I am working hard on. It is just in my nature. My mother used to say I was a born worrier.

Grateful I am 23 months sober today.
Grateful to be eating food after no food for 36 hours during my "cleanse".
Grateful for a warm house on this very chilly morning. We have a cold spell for the next week or so. I like it to be cold when I am cooking for Thanksgiving.
Grateful my tooth is feeling better. The crown I got 2 weeks ago was bothering me a bit, I think I can cancel the dentist appointment.
Grateful my husband has started Christmas shopping. Unusual for him.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:57 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up early and sober.
Grateful I don’t have to go anywhere today in the snow and cold.
Grateful I can call in to the 11:00 meeting today.
Grateful my therapist has come back out of retirement. We had a telehealth appointment yesterday. It’s wonderful to talk about all of my c—p.
NL my 36 year old son has horrible resentment towards me. He is not drinking now but is full of anger…What really gets me is he never takes it out on his father. My XAH seems to skate through life with no accountability on anything. I have a touch of resentment towards myself for putting up with alcoholic abuse and baloney for all those years. A whiner post for sure!
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:57 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for kittens to find a new loving home
Grateful for all of us choosing ACTIVE RECOVERY, it sure helps to be cognizant of our past traumas, and current ones that want to cause knee jerk reactions or feelings, and learning how to ride those.
Grateful to be loved
Grateful the dinner food was awesome, and the new friends were fun to get to know better
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for Zura, her lovely posts, insights, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
🎉🪅🎊🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🤓❤️