SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude Part 119 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/460822-morning-gratitude-part-119-a.html)

Dee74 10-07-2022 02:43 AM

Morning Gratitude Part 119

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-118-a-21.html
D

Numblady 10-07-2022 04:14 AM

Wow, shotgun!
Grateful for that !

Canadian Koala 10-07-2022 04:15 AM

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼

Numblady 10-07-2022 04:21 AM

Grateful to stay with an old friend from school last night. There were 4 of us in this core group of friends and we are all here in her gorgeous home.
Grateful I got through the tiny bit of wistfulness when evening was coming and everyone was gathering around the kitchen and the drinking started. Watching the repeated trips down to the beer fridge, it just made me glad I was free.
Grateful I am up early with a bit of quiet time and some coffee. I need to not be so regimented about it but I don’t even want my friends to wake up so I can have my little sacred time :)
Grateful travel was completely uneventful. One direct flight that was one time. That is it. Wow.
Grateful for all of you.

samwitch 10-07-2022 05:02 AM

Hi all-
I'm grateful for a beautiful sunny day this morning, the leaves are starting to turn in my world. Gorgeous.

FBL 10-07-2022 05:41 AM

Grateful for the new thread and all of the work the mods do here at SR.

Grateful for a little extra sack time this morning after the excitement of the night before last.

Grateful for another day sober.

Free2bme888 10-07-2022 05:46 AM

LOVE the Avatar, FBL!

Congrats on shotgun, NL. That’s super cool.

Grateful the Anna posted a thread about being kind.
Grateful there is an ignore button feature on SR
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for perseverance despite being screamed at and yelled at, and barraged with other hateful and rude comments by eldest, to get some things organized in her new place.
Grateful for coffee
Grateful I slept well last night
Grateful I’m not getting my much needed alone time this morning, makes me appreciate the times when I’m able to create my quiet space with success.
Grateful for all the mods, and admins here.

CBS62 10-07-2022 05:52 AM

Hey everyone. I have missed a few days again. What a week. A trip to the ER with diverticulosis diagnosis and then a root canal. I think I deserve some sort of respite. Anyway, I am feeling better. But I am feeling also like my body is falling apart with all the health issues I have had in the past year. I have been sober for almost 22 months and I made that change for my health. Kind of ironic. Grate-whine big time. Now I hope to figure out what triggered the flare up and stay away from that.

Thanks for the new thread Dee!
Zura I love a rushing creek. I am drawn to water. I love the ocean and lakes too. Thinking about putting in a small water garden in my back yard.
(((Fearless))) I am so sorry about the son's friend's dad. So tragic.
CK and Samwitch good to see you.
NL glad you are enjoying your girls trip. It is getting easier to be around drinkers but I still struggle with it some.
Free You are such a good mom. I hope your daughter becomes comfortable in her new home.

Grateful for a decent night's sleep. My insomnia has come back for some reason lately. I think it is the health anxiety.
Grateful for my homemade latte.
Grateful for a pretty day.
Grateful for a hair appointment. Don't really need it but I love catching up with my stylist and I could use some pampering.
Grateful for less stomach cramping last night.
Grateful for Friday.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Fearlessat50 10-07-2022 06:52 AM

Numblady, that is for sure a free feeling when you see people rushing for more alcohol to keep the buzz going and we are not. Just comfortable in sobriety
Zura, that is a scary thought about the possibility of son forgetting to turn something off and causing a fire.
CBS, I’m glad you feel better. But geez, you have been through a lot in the last year and I see the irony
Free, I’m so sorry your daughter came at you like that. It is so hard, especially after everything you do for her
Dee, that you for the new part
good to see you, samwitch

Grateful for Fleet week. Grateful to recall a memory of sailing in the SF bay during a prior Fleetweek years ago and seeing the blue angels fly right over us. So much fun. We may go hiking up in the Marin headlands to see them tomorrow.
Grateful for 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for the furry love bug sitting in my lap
Grateful for one meeting this morning
Grateful to have a meeting at the bank with sonny boy and Mr F to open his first debit account
Grateful sonny boy has school off for a staff day and has plans with friends after the bank appt.
Grateful I may do some healthy baking today. I’m back on the health wagon and focused on a Mediterranean diet (without the wine). I do have a sweet tooth. Found some good healthy desserts including a chocolate avocado mouse
Grateful for you

silentrun 10-07-2022 07:27 AM

Grateful to my former self for getting me out of dangerous situation. Grateful to be given the tools to do that.

Grateful to myself for being a capable person. Grateful my hard work pays off more often than it doesn't.

Grateful for not having health issues especially of the pain type. Grateful I am starting to understand how important self care is so I don't further jeopardize my health.

Grateful for having caring people in my life. Grateful I am starting to see who is who so I can plan accordingly.

Grateful for my time in the bonus round of life. Grateful I can appreciate the gift I have been given.

Hevyn 10-07-2022 10:33 AM

NL - Wistfulness - the perfect word to describe that feeling. I no longer have it, but I sure did early on. Felt a bit sorry for myself, but was always able to remember what would happen if I caved. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friends.
CBS - Glad to have you back - so sorry for that mess you' ve been through.
Free - I'm sad you were treated very unfairly. So hard to tolerate, I'm sure. :hug:
Fearless - Fleet Week - so fun! NYC welcomed 9 ships the end of May. I love to see the Angels. :)
Grateful for nippy, foggy mornings with warmer afternoons.
Grateful for seasonal wreaths on the doors.
Grateful for eclairs, which I shouldn't have eaten.
Grateful for kind, non-gossipy neighbors.
Grateful for the lovely GP.

Vik88 10-07-2022 10:50 AM

Grateful for hearing everyones stories and the bravery and commitment it takes to share those. It's not easy.
Looking back.
I'm grateful i havent awoken in a bush (has happened at least 2 times, probably more. woke up with my pants torn at the knee, one time). Not knowing where i woke up. got home ok in the end.
Grateful that i can just enjoy a good meal even if it's just a fancier microwaved dinner.
Grateful that the barley "rice" i tried today is actually quite tasty. So i can get some new and other source of carbs into my diet, otherwise it's just durum wheat or whole grain rice.
Grateful if people here have a great weekend :)

Zura 10-07-2022 01:58 PM

Good morning 🌞

Jw92 - lovely to see you 😊.
Dee - thank you for the new thread.
CK - everyday clean and sober sure is a gift.
NL - so glad everything went smoothly on your trip, I hope it's a lovely time for you.
Samwitch - wonderful you are having beautiful weather and enjoying autumn!
FBL - it's great you got some rest.
Free - so sorry you go through that 😔 your a champion though.
CBS - a water garden sounds fabulous! I hope you continue to mend.
Fearless - I hope you get your hike in. I shall try to join you on the exercise and healthy eating ☺️.
Silent run - yay for focus on self care. Keep up the good work.
Hevyn - oh my goodness, I haven't had a chocolate eclair in decades. Probably because they're just not the same as they used to be.....they seem plastic and fake here now. I hope you enjoyed it even if it was a bit naughty.
Vik - so glad those days are behind you.

This morning I am grateful for:
- the rain stopping after three days of heavy rain. We're meant to get more but I'm hoping not as my freshly sown seeds are drowning. I can re-sew I guess but it's alot of work.
- not living in a flood zone.
- peaceful mornings being serenaded by chirping birds.
- coffee ☕.

Have a great day everyone ❤️.

Britbird80 10-07-2022 10:34 PM

Hi all
A quick pop before starting another day.
Grateful to have a day off tomorrow after working 6 days on the trot.
Grateful to read all the posts here.
Grateful for warm comforting homemade food.
Grateful to be sober.

Vik88 10-08-2022 01:58 AM

Grateful that those are behind me.
Grateful for all the members here. Thank you Zura.
Zura, sounds great with chirping birds.
Grateful for coffee as well.
Grateful for being ready to see the old man on disney+.
Hoping those rottweilers in the pic has a big part to play in the series.
Groving up with a rottweiler :)

FBL 10-08-2022 05:17 AM

Grateful for my ice scraper - had to haul it out of the trunk this morning as we had frost overnight.

Grateful for another day sober.

Zencat 10-08-2022 05:55 AM

Grateful for my toaster.

Free2bme888 10-08-2022 06:19 AM

Grateful for coffee
Grateful got through a tough day yesterday without turning to poison
Grateful I didn’t lose my cool yesterday
Grateful in-laws kitty sat on my lap this morning and allowed me to pet her, the Russian Blue type are usually very standoffish
Grateful when the furnace blew yesterday hubby and son were with eldest at condo
Grateful we can afford a new furnace, and that it’s not -20F….yet
Grateful that we can afford a new faucet in kitchen and it leaked before we head home
Grateful for no alone time this morning, I can hope for tomorrow morning

Numblady 10-08-2022 06:34 AM

Grateful to see new to me faces Samwitch, Silentrun and Zencat here. Glad you came!
Free, I’m so sorry for all you are enduring with the eldest and I so hear you on the lack of alone time. i just told my childhood best friend who is staying here I needed about 20 minutes to “do my morning routine” so I could do my grat/AA/al anon stuff. It was weird but felt kind of good. It definitely does make me appreciate my routine when I’m out of it.
CBS, gosh hope you keep healing and mending and getting some real rest and reprieve.

Grateful, so much, to Dee for the new part and all the silent workings to keep this place humming.
Grateful for all the beautiful posts here from you all.
Grateful for the attitude shift it brings.
Grateful for people who are willing to organize high school reunions. No way would I put out effort for that but I’m glad I can show up thanks to the hard work of others.
Grateful for an interesting dream. All I can really remember was that the take home message was I needed to stop dithering about and just do the darn steps already. But in a very loving kind of way.
Grateful I went back to sleep after waking up before 5. I fumed and stewed about the lack of support from my mean legal team, and how I want to write an email standing up for myself but really need to be somewhere where I can concentrate, which is not here. Anyhow, glad the stewing didn’t prevent me from going back to sleep.
Grateful being in other peoples’ houses renews and reinforces my desire to get rid of stuff.
Grateful I got to see my sister and husband at their brewery and they now have more NA options and are even going to start a business to dealcoholize beer. I know that there are very hotly debated feelings on NA beverages but I’m just glad there may be more of them out there in the world, even if it inspires a drinker to maybe have one in between beers.
Grateful to be able to be honest about the devastation alcohol leaves in its wake. It’s such a societally accepted norm but there are so many stories of its utterly ruinous nature…hurting so many families. Grateful I got out.
Grateful for this special group.

Fearlessat50 10-08-2022 07:21 AM

Grateful for the newcomers
Grateful for Silent’s focus on self care
Grateful for Zura always being so upbeat
Grateful for Vick’s reminder about waking up in strange places
Grateful Free and a Numblady are staying strong during difficult times
Grateful for a really great therapy session. I’ve been with this therapist on/off for 10 years. She was sonny boys therapist to begin with. She’s like our family therapist. Being with someone who already knows the whole story is so helpful
Grateful sonny boy was at a sleepover last night. Mr F and I enjoyed time together and binged on Jack Ryan
Grateful for a very good night sleep two nights in a row
Grateful for a cool morning and going out for a long run
Grateful to be going to lunch with friends
Grateful for Blue Angels