Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 116

Old 06-12-2022, 04:15 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Grateful for some quiet time this morning while my 3 year old granddaughter sleeps in.
Grateful for Zura's post about the cold weather down under, which seems welcome during the heat wave in my neck of the woods.
Grateful that my son is able to manage work and summer classes, and still relies on dad for advice from time to time.
Grateful for daily reminders about how much better life is, and can be, without alcohol.

I couldn't agree with you more about Spotify Jack. The one app that I can't live without.
Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 06-12-2022, 04:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Grateful for Jack and Clear path's posts. It's great to see more people here and I too enjoy seeing what everyone is up to
Grateful for more canoeing yesterday, we did about 10 miles up an inlet and could not have asked for better weather
Grateful to have gone to our favorite local hamburger place afterwards. We really missed this place when we were living in CO for those 26 years
Grateful for my big salad for dinner after misbehaving with the food I ate for lunch
Grateful I enjoy to cook and do not mind cooking for my MIL and Mr. Alpine
Grateful I still have been taking a break from going over to my Mom's, but still have been calling daily.
Grateful for all of you and all of the support. Happy day everyone!!
Old 06-12-2022, 05:00 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

PS, yes it was about child brides. I somehow thought the group had ceased to exist after leader’s arrest but nope! Still going.
Zura, welcome. Glad you have joined!
Turs that camper van sounds so incredible.

Grateful Alpine feels like part of the fam and doesn’t mind my kid updates.
Grateful to try and draw some inspiration from Hev’s earlier wake-up. I so need to get back to the 445 a.m. wake up. It allowed me to work out consistently, have time for prayer and meditation, etc. But I just can’t seem to do it. Maybe in the new school year or something.
Grateful for a day without kiddos, to hopefully be a flaming ball of productivity.
Grateful it’s cool somewhere. This is a grati-whine. I’m in the heat dome and I really want to get out. And some rain would be cool. but that doesn’t seem to be on the agenda.
Grateful my neighbor texted me and we exchanged ziploc bags for the size she needed. And she gave me some watermelon and I’ll give her some home grown potatoes. Felt very neighborly!
Grateful for all the freedoms I have been given. To marry when I chose. To wear what I wanted. To raise my kids how I think appropriate (or as close to appropriate as I can muster!)
Grateful for another day.
Old 06-12-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Welcome here, Jack and Zura
Turps, love the idea of a camper van
Numblady, grateful for freedom too
Grateful to make some changes in the yard yesterday
Grateful to have a big discussion with Mr F about parenting on the same page. Sometimes it’s tough
Grateful to be up early and have time for a mini workout because traveling to see in laws
Grateful sonny boys cousin will be coming back with us to stay for the week.
Grateful for cooler weather
Grateful for everyone here
Old 06-12-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

NL - the fact that the cult is still going is mind-blowing - the power of brainwashing, I guess. And living in a "heat dome" sounds really oppressive! I hear the mid-Atlantic is a nice balance...
Turs, I love that you can just decide to take your van anywhere. That morning scene on the water sounds so nice.
Alpine, your canoeing trips always sound so relaxing and fun.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a productive day yesterday!
Grateful that I can be really productive again today, but also rest because breaks are necessary and good.
Grateful I can provide some helpful tips to my college BFF as her son prepares to apply this fall.
Grateful I texted my dad to ask when I can stop by and see them today - if I don't commit early, sometimes I subconsciously avoid visiting because it can be pretty painful.
Grateful for my sweet dogs.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Grateful our thread is so popular
Grateful I have a moment to catch up
Grateful to see Jack, Zura, CK, Brit, and ALL of you here, it’s like coming home to family 🥹
CBS, beautIful pics

Grateful I’m a little better, and second Covid test negative, so continued road trip to in laws in MN
Grateful I stayed calm when being publicly screamed at, and the meanest things came out of eldest mouth last night when the phone fixing place made her phone in non working condition when they tried to fix it
Grateful I realize that eldest has special needs, and she struggles, and so didn’t take it personally, and I explained to the clerk who was nice also.
Grateful we slept for 11 hours straight. Sorely needed
Grateful there are stores my husband can go get fruit at, and COFFEE, because……in laws threw out my stash since my last visit 😫🤨🤓😎.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:17 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Fearless, grateful you got that stress relieving mini work out before in-laws visit (we are in parallel universes!)
PS, hope your visit with parents goes well. Trust that your visit means so much to them….
NL, listen to your body, it is telling you what it needs………and put the alarm in the bathroom 😳😅
Alpine, glad you enjoy cooking and also going to a burger place. What was the good one in CO? Maybe we will stop there on way home from MN before we hit the mountains.
CP, grateful you were up so early and enjoyed quiet time, and agree Zuras posts will keep us cooler….❄️🌨💨
Old 06-12-2022, 07:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Brit, I also love salmon! Canned, pink, red, cold smoked, cedar plank grilled, seared in the pan, yummy🐟🐟🐟
Hev, glad you like flowers too, and enjoy car rides to nearby fantastic places.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:27 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful for my view as I type this

Grateful for the sweet smelling lovely rose placed on my nightstand by my MIL

Old 06-12-2022, 07:53 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:02 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Free, We could never find a good one in CO compared to the one we enjoy here in NY.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:19 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numb - 4:45 - I don't think I could do that. I'm talking more like 6:00. Would be cool to be up before the sun though - I may try.
Alpine - Weren't you chilly out on the big water? We've been going into the 40'sF at night. Sounds like a lovely time you had.
Palmer - Hope the visit goes ok. It's only natural to find it painful.
Free - Lucky birdies who live near you. So pretty.
Grateful the cool & sunny days continue.
Grateful I've vowed, once again, to weigh myself once a week. I've lost & gained the same 20 lbs. most of my life. (I've shrunk a little, & it's not a good look.)
Grateful for you all.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:06 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hevyn, we have been going into the 40s at night too but the days warm up, plus yesterday we paddled up an inlet. We got in about 10 miles. We each have our own canoe and they are designed for kneeling. My left ankle started to hurt so I had to switch to sitting which then stated to bother my sciatica. Oh well, it was still so nice to be out.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:42 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for a walk and good conversation with my brother this morning.
Grateful for a quiet day ahead of me, to catch up on some tasks and maybe sew or paint.
Grateful it has cooled off.
Grateful I'll spend my birthday (tomorrow) with the kids and grandson.
Grateful to remind myself, yet again, to go back to basics when I feel down. Exercise, nature, creative work (sewing or painting), helping others, and connecting with others.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome 💞 I hope to get to know everyone in time.*Blows and fans cold air too heat affected
This morning I am grateful for space to be myself and think my own thoughts and just be me ❤️
Old 06-12-2022, 02:04 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Happy early birthday Turs!
Old 06-13-2022, 01:22 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning all - also loved reading about the canoeing Alpine. I've never done it, least not since I was a kid, but I'd love to try it some day. Guess London isn't the ideal place for it though!

Today I'm grateful to be going home after cat & housesitting. It's been nice but home is home.
Grateful a day off to start the week
Grateful for an online meditation session this evening
Grateful for a text yesterday from an old friend
Grateful that I managed to resist the urge to order a pizza last night!
Grateful for another day of life

Old 06-13-2022, 03:49 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks Jack! I grew up on the water, mostly sailing. Mr. Alpine and I had sea kayaks for a long time but over time our backs were not happy with that. Meditation...Hmmmm, I tried that..kind of ..a long time ago. I did not much much effort into it. I think may try it again
Grateful to get some cleaning and laundry done yesterday. I can't do much of that here in the attached apartment while Mr. Alpine is working.
Grateful for garlic bread last night. I typically do not eat much bread
Grateful for the fire pit Mr. Alpine got and we set up yesterday and used it while we ate lunch
Grateful for all of you
Old 06-13-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Turs, happy birthday! Hope you aren’t feeling too down but also sometimes it’s just needed. Big hugs!

Grateful to finally be watching Queen’s Gambit. And letting myself just be entertained for an hour or so a day.
Grateful my parents are involved in my kids’ lives and willing to take one or both of them off my hands periodically.
Grateful to hear my son is a little less homesick at camp.
Grateful for another day.
Old 06-13-2022, 04:38 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

NL, what do you think of Queen's Gambit? We watched it a while ago.