Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 116

Old 06-08-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Coming back in after a little break. Happy belated birthday, Fearless!!!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for an OK night's sleep - I've been having trouble lately!
Grateful for telework and a flexible schedule.
Grateful my older son is almost done with HS, it's a long goodbye and I think he's over it.
Grateful he's actively trying to solve some adult problems on his own (small things that he would normally try to dump back on me, ha!)
Grateful we can afford what he needs and more.
Grateful the sun is trying to peek through the rain.
Grateful for my comfortable bed.
Grateful for Amazon.
Grateful whenever I think of my husband's good cancer news.
Grateful for my awesome employee, and the great work she produces.
Grateful to be sober, and for all of my amazing friends here.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that my work situation seems to be more stable today.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-08-2022, 04:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Aamkirk, sounds like you are doing some really tough work. You should be proud of disengaging.
Fearless, that’s a great saying from your uncle or AA or wherever it came from
Alpine, so glad you got support through a tough day.

Grateful to watch Stranger Things with my daughter last night. I skipped over an entire season but feel roughly caught up. Scary though!
Grateful I continue to test negative.
Grateful to realize I need to get social media habits in check. I don’t spend much time on there but I’ve realized my feed is full of lost or deceased pets, people trying to remove pets, and just so much other stuff that tugs at my heart strings (burial of friends’ parents, fundraisers, politics). Not sure where to do mindless scrolling because I do find it somewhat helpful. I’ve tried Pinterest but it’s just like a collection of all the things I’m not doing or not doing right. Guess I’ll just scroll old pictures or something. Or maybe not scroll. Idk.
Grateful to have therapy today.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:06 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good Morning Grat Pack.
Grateful for a good night's sleep.
Grateful to work from home after going into the office yesterday. Some crazy drivers out there.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for a flexible boss.
Grateful for a job that I like and the benefits.
Grateful that my mouth is almost totally healed from my tooth extractions. Now I have a bad filling that needs to be addressed.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 06-08-2022, 05:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Grateful to have shaken myself out of a bout of 'whoa is me' thinking yesterday. Opposite of gratitude. Pointless.
Grateful for early warning systems. Tornados in the area last night. Grateful that early reports indicate nothing major. Downed trees and power lines.
Grateful for Spotify and the ability to revisit old classics. I read that Kate Bush is featured in the latest season of Stranger Things. Queued her up this morning and am transported back to the 80s.
Grateful for a long bike ride on a local trail yesterday.
Grateful for stories of resilience and redemption.

NL, maybe your son or daughter needs to hook you up with TikTok. I hear that there is no limit to the mindless scrolling possibilities out there. Or maybe not.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

More to add to my gratitude, just got back from a walk and grateful to see a box turtle in the pond down the street, grateful for all of trees around here, grateful for the beautiful blue sky with pretty clouds. I walked by one house and they had a roomba mower. I have never seen one before...I kind of felt like I was in Star Wars seeing that. LOL
Old 06-08-2022, 06:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Grateful to come her quickly after skipping yesterday
Grateful for the laugh, NL WHOLE PAYCHECK 🥲🤣😂😅
Grateful Alpine got through her rough day yesterday, and feel the aftermath of the pride that comes with NOT DRINKING NO MATTER WHAT. It really does get easier, like are more wise and longer sober time members tell us
Grateful had a packed day yesterday, golf was terrible for me, but worked on the lot in the evening, stunning
Grateful my hair came out great, and I was able to book two more appointments
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to lead a nice walk This morning, only 3.5 hours

Old 06-08-2022, 06:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Old 06-08-2022, 06:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Grateful for CBS healing mouth
Grateful for CP getting out of doldrums without drinking
Grateful to be sober
Old 06-08-2022, 09:23 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Palmer - It must be bittersweet having your son say goodbye to high school days. I remember being so euphoric on graduation night.
Free - What gorgeous scenery! You must be thrilled.
Alpine - You must live in such a pretty area. Roomba mower - I could go for that.
ClearPath - I'm glad you were able to snap out of it. Totally normal thing to happen.
Grateful for another cool & sunny day with everything in bloom & lots of green stuff all around.
Grateful MrH's new pressure washer (toy) is making him very happy.
Grateful to no longer have FOMO.
Grateful for new hummingbird feeder that they seem to love.
Grateful for all of you here in our little corner of SR.

Old 06-08-2022, 11:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Palmer- I was just reminiscing about my HS senior prom night! What an amazing time to think about. Everything seemed so final back then, but life was just beginning!
Grateful for awareness
Grateful for self-care
Old 06-09-2022, 04:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Grateful Free is seeing progress on the lot.
Grateful CP made it through the whoa is me attitude without drink.
Grateful I don’t work outside. There is no break in the heat predicted here that I can see. And no rain.
Grateful for all of you and this group.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grateful for a beautiful day with 2 walks, weight workout and some sewing
Grateful I put water into our rower and Mr. Alpine hooked up the screen to it so now I can use it. I have not been able to use it since November because Mr. Alpine kept it with him while he was still in CO and since being back in April we have not gotten around to it until last night
Grateful I did well last night after Mr. Alpine said something that I would normally take personally I did not, same with my MIL. Hmmm, maybe I am getting better at this
Grateful for all of your support.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:34 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that I get to host an online gratitude/recovery meeting every Friday at 12 noon (Central time). If anyone here is interested in joining, just drop me a PM.

Grateful for some beautiful weather today (sunny and 72F).

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

PS It is great that your son is "adulting" some. My children are in their 20s and 30s and they are still working on it.
CP and all- Stranger Things was created by the Duffer brothers , as you probably know, and they are from Durham, NC, right down the road from me. Tobacco road as they say for between Durham and Raleigh. Anyway, they film it in Georgia unfortunately. They wanted to film it in NC but the tax incentives were better in Georgia.
Free what a view you will have from your new home! So exciting.
Hev I am glad you no longer have FOMO. Mine is fading away too. I assume you mean from not drinking?
Alpine I am glad you were able to not take something personally. That is a skill I need to work on.
I will throw in a little Whine. I am still waiting to hear from the Goat Squad. I hope they are not going out of business or something. I have called them and texted them multiple times. Fingers crossed because they said it is their busy season.

Grateful I am heading to the beach today after a few hours of work.
Grateful I am caught up with my work. Kind of afraid to tell my boss ;0)
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I got to see my granddaughter last night. Have not seen her in a while because she had COVID.
Grateful for the little bunnies I see in my yard. So far they are leaving my garden alone. They would not be alive if my cat was still indoor/outdoor but we keep him in now for that reason and others.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 06-09-2022, 06:07 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Grateful to be catching up here. Missed yesterday. It has been a very busy week. Boss is on vaca. It used to be when the cats away the mice will play. But apparently now I’ve become the other cat when the main cat is gone
Thanks for all the belated bday wishes. I started a new trend when I turned 50 which was to celebrate all week 😊 Come to think of it, my 50th bday was also my first sober bday 😊
CBS, love Sat and the duffer brothers. That is some great info you gave. There is this ST experience going on in SF that we are taking sonny boy to this summer. This is where you get to experience your own ST world
Btw, I learned a long time ago to never tell my boss I’m caught up. Lol
Grateful for Frees pics. Beautiful
FBL, that is so cool. I may pm you if I can make time tomorrow. Either way, you inspire me!
Hope the rest of you are doing great. Sorry if I missed something
Grateful to research books for upcoming vacation. Not for another few weeks. But I’m getting excited! Sonny boy is going to read Life of Pi. I’ve always wanted to read Fountainhead so I think I will. There’s another book about dress maker survivors during the Holocaust that I want to read. I enjoy historical fiction.
Grateful my boss approved of me going to Chicago for a work event in August. Going to extend it as a family vacation and see good friends in Indiana too 😊
Grateful to watch all 3 Tom Holland spider man movies with sonny boy
Grateful I’m going to friends to do her daughters hair for her 8th graduation today 😊
Grateful so much for all of you!
Old 06-09-2022, 06:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Fear, I have never read Life of Pi, however something funny regarding that...I was telling someone years ago that Mr. Alpine does not read books at all except he did read the book " The history of Pi" .Someone tried to correct me and tried to say "you mean Life of Pi?" I had to laugh and say nope..He is an engineer, the history of PI...as in the number.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for FBL and opportunity, I need to keep that in mind
Grateful for medicine, I’m still feeling yucky
Grateful,pushed through feeling yucky and got lots done
Grateful to golf then pack today
Grateful,for travel center visit tomorrow, looks like honeymoon will happen this fall

Grateful I’m retired y’all, no bosses to tell anything to except myself 🥰
Grateful for children and pets, and overriding that darned subconscious urge to drink through stress, etc.
Grateful for being sober
Grateful for coffee
Old 06-09-2022, 10:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

CBS - Yes, Fomo from not drinking. Sorry about the Goat Squad. I don't know why people can't just communicate so we know what's going on. Seems to be a lost art.
Fearless - Fountainhead - there was a '49 movie version with Gary Cooper, but I didn't see it.
Alpine - 'History of Pi' - that's so funny. Good thing someone's into that sort of thing - it's over my head.
Grateful for another cool & sunny day.
Grateful for the rabbit family in the yard - but they are munching on flowers.
Grateful for all the sights & sounds of summer. (Not grateful for flies that somehow manage to get in...)
Grateful for each of you.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your posts and catch up on the last two days.
Grateful for a peaceful time out at the coast. The scenery was beautiful, even though it was foggy and chilly much of the time. I took my paints and did a couple watercolors while there.
Grateful to be going to see the kids/grandkid this evening.
Grateful to be back home.