Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 116

Old 06-04-2022, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Morning Gratitude Part 116

Last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-115-a-20.html (Morning Gratitude Part 115)

D
Old 06-04-2022, 05:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not morning yet but hi and shotgun. Hope that is not cheating.
Grateful for a very sober productive day. So very satisfying.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on shotgun, Alpine!
Old 06-04-2022, 11:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on shotgun alpine.

Grateful I recorded the concert at the Palace as heard it was very good.

Grateful for a little lay in and coffee in bed.

Grateful to see loved ones today.

Grateful somebody on this site (forgotten who now) posted about not feeling defeated because the AV had a good go at knocking you down but feeling stronger because you defeated it and learnt something from it.

Enjoy the last day of the weekend all.
Old 06-05-2022, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the new thread. Thanks, Dee!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on Shotgun Alpine.
Thanks for the new Thread Dee.

Grateful for Sunday.
Grateful my husband is going to help with the cleaning. And if my new bike is ready we will go for a ride together later.
Grateful for another pretty day.
Grateful I slept a little better last night. But my FitBit says I did not get much REM or Deep sleep.
Grateful for my homemade blueberry muffins.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and all of you.
Old 06-05-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

CB, new bike!! Whoot whoot have fun. And blue berry muffins...Yummm
Grateful I am leaning to deal with certain triggers in a more productive manner
Grateful for how productive were yesterday, we still had somethings to take care of since the big move and got them done
Grateful for the beautiful weather here
Grateful for the garden my MIL and I planted
Grateful for Riley , and Mr. Alpine
Grateful for all of you
Old 06-05-2022, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful to Dee and for the new part.
Grateful PS’ husband’s treatments are working. Hallelujah.
Grateful to see least and for her family support.
Grateful to CP for the trademark CP optimism and bringing a smile to my face. Sorry I missed it yesterday!
Grateful to all of you for the support around the stinkin’ covid. It helped me keep the smile going.
Grateful for the image of Turs getting water dumped over the head.
Grateful Alpine didn’t let the AV take over and for Hev’s beautiful words about coming to love being free of the obsession with drink. Okay I know those aren’t the exact words but something like that. This time around I am struggling to harness all the happiness I felt around various aspects of sobriety. I really want to get (at least mostly) past the obsession.
Grateful for BritBird’s book rec. I’ve added it to my list!
Grateful my daughter got to feeling somewhat better yesterday. I ended up taking her to the ER two mornings ago but it was unnecessary. My husband was in charge of communicating with the doc’s office and he told them she was having trouble breathing and couldn’t talk—so of course they told us to get to hospital asap (actually they said to call an ambulance). But really—she was talking and generally breathing pretty normally just had lost her voice. But then I didn’t want to be the mean idiot mom who didn’t take my kid to the hospital because I thought my instinct was better than medical advice. So $400 and many hours later, we got confirmation that her oxygen levels were perfect and it’s just going to kind of feel icky and raw for several days.
Grateful my husband consulted with the camp nurses and at least for now my son is at camp. They will have him mask indoors and wait until the 5th day I guess to test him. But he is in the camping program of camp so they sleep outside, regularly eat outside, and even their cabin is just screens and fans as opposed to hard walls so it’s really just in the mess hall I think.
Grateful i could comfort my son in the middle of the night the night before he left. I was so happy to be able to listen to his concerns and just be there (I mean, i was still quite out of it but not because I’d boozed it up before bed). Not as grateful to then be up the remainder of the night with my daughter but I made it through.
Grateful before my son left for camp he gave me the longest, best hug. (Assuming no covid, he’s gone for a month!)
Grateful for the sophisticated albeit kind of creepy facial recognition software for the camp photos. Love seeing images of what they are doing pretty much every day.
Grateful for some extra sack time, even if it doesn’t always make you feel more energy. Felt worth it at the time.
Grateful my dog doesn’t mind skidding around on the smooth floors—because it can be pretty freaking hilarious. Big old derpy girl pouncing, bouncing, and sliding.
Grateful that in spite of the weirdness of the day I got all kinds of crap done. It’s still never enough but got some lingering crap off the to-do list and that felt great. My daughter even got an energy burst and we cleaned out the game/puzzle closet. So many aspirations in the form of purchased board games staring me in the face but oh well! Maybe someone else will use them.
Grateful to all of you sweet grat packers.
Old 06-05-2022, 06:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Grateful to log on this morning and find so many uplifting posts.
Grateful for a beautiful morning for a walk.
Grateful to have all of my outside chores done before the storms come this afternoon.
Grateful that my son was able to find a summer job that he enjoys and will be able to replenish his bank account before the fall semester rolls around.
Grateful for the visual of NL's big ol' derpy (derpy?!) dog sliding around and wreaking havoc.
Grateful for today.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new part Dee!
Hev, glad you are enjoying home ownership. It can be stressful but there’s always pride of ownership and rewards that come with making your house truly yours
Britbird, that is a good thought about defeating the AV
Alpine, homemade pizza sounds so good
CBS, congrats on the new bike. Good luck settling your mom’s estate. Yes, it can take a very long time depending on many factors. I was very lucky how things turned out with my dad. We had revised his will and trust before he got sick and to prevent his black widow partner from getting everything. His only assets were in two bank accounts which we consolidated and to which I had a TOD helping me avoid probate. 2-1/2 years later, Dads mortgage is still in foreclosure but I had nothing to do with that property. It’s between the lender and the black widow gal now. I guess I got a little carried away with my story there. Just be patient and this to shall pass 😊
Grateful for the beautiful birds of paradise and naked ladies blooming in the yard
Grateful for a 4-1/2 hour strenuous hike yesterday. I don’t think I’ll do that one again by myself though. My knees started to ache and I was a little scared. It is one of the most difficult hikes I’ve done and I wanted to collapse
toward the end. Grateful for epsom salt baths, icy hot and Advil 😊
Grateful to take it easy today
Grateful sonny boy has plans with a friend
Grateful for Better Call Saul
Old 06-05-2022, 08:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is sooooo much to go through, Numblady! understand perfectly everything you said about the ER visit, mother’s instincts and all that too. How sweet of your son to give you a giant hug and to make it to camp
Old 06-05-2022, 08:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

NL, glad your son got to camp
PS, ever so grateful the treatment is going well. My eldest told me my hats look dumb, but I explained it’s to help prevent more cancer. It sucks.
Alpine, CP, and FBL, good to ‘see’ you

Grateful I had a crappy sleep, helps me to appreciate the good ones
Grateful for hot showers, hopefully loosening up the crud in my chest
Grateful for Tylenol and Aleve, And not taking them because of a hangover
Grateful only work on the lot today, and the fresh air and exercise it brings
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for a quick check in here
Old 06-05-2022, 09:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - We were actually chilly last night. Lovely to have sun & cool breezes.
CBS - Enjoy your new bike! How fun.
Numb - I had such a hard time getting over the idea that drinking was enhancing anything or helping me deal with troubles. I'd relied on it for years, never realizing it was hindering me in so many ways. It was always my go to when problems surfaced - and it did nothing but prolong the misery. In the early drinking days it seemed to make a good time even better - but that quickly turned into just making me numb & foggy. It's so easy to see the truth now, from this end of things. I'm grateful you're here & working on yourself.
Grateful for a gorgeous day.
Grateful for BLT's for dinner.
Grateful to have you all to share my day with.

Old 06-05-2022, 09:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful for courage
Grateful for contrary action
Grateful for silence
Old 06-05-2022, 10:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new part, Dee!
NL, glad your daughter feels a little better, and your son got to go to camp. Glad the ER visit turned out to be unnecessary ... but usually better safe than sorry, eh?
Grateful for rain this morning ... how very strange, never rains here in June. But we need it!
Grateful for new connections growing out of my volunteering at church.
Grateful for babysitting time with my grandson yesterday. We had such fun! Scored a toy at the used toy store, about which he was very excited.
Grateful for having mopped my floors last night. First time in awhile. Housekeeping can really slide when you live alone!
Grateful to find you all here this morning ... love checking in with the GP.
Old 06-05-2022, 04:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for opening chapter 116 monsieur Dee

Grateful to be sober and clean today ☼
Old 06-05-2022, 04:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful to have been part of the estimated 1 billion people who watched coverage of the Queen's 70th Jubilee Pageant.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you
NL, Grateful you son can go to camp and your daughter is feeling beter
Turs, sounds like a fun time with your grandson and I know the feeling of housecleaning
Hevyn, another beautiful day up here!
Fearless, my knees don't like tough hikes anymore
Grateful for canoeing yesterday. We took our solo boats out for about 4.5 hours. Grateful that on our drive home with the boats on the roof we saw a Mennonite horse and buggy heading in the opposite direction towing a canoe on a trailer.
Grateful for a nice lite dinner I made..Grilled chicken and a strawberry poppy seed dressing salad. Thanks for the salad idea Free, Mr. Alpine and my MIL enjoyed it
Grateful I slept well
Grateful I did not let my sister's actions agitate me nor my comments from my Mom. Lets hope I can stay on this path
Grateful for my sobriety and my stubbornness to not give up
Old 06-06-2022, 04:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Grateful to see aamkirk, Canadian Koala and Caramel. I mean, grateful to see all but I see them less often.
Grateful for Hev’s beautiful reminders about all the things that alcohol is not. I think I’m especially struggling because I’ve been able to go back and enjoy it for a while then stop when it got annoying. But really. I didn’t enjoy it all that much. And things that are fun are just fun. And I always wanted to keep going when everyone else was done. Not to obliteration but I just don’t want the euphoria to stop. Yet it’s impossible to maintain so striving for it is a recipe for misery. Anyhow, thank you for the wise words.
Grateful for the salad inspiration. I’ve been meaning/vaguely trying to reconstruct a salad my friend made once that I think was just spinach, strawberries, yellow onion (??) and champagne dressing. I keep not getting it quite right somehow. Maybe because I tried to make my own dressing. It was not very awesome.
Grateful my daughter’s isolation period is just two more days. Hoping so much I stay negative.
Grateful for a/c. Going to be so brutally hot here. Over a week of 100 degree +. Saw one day with a high of 106.
Grateful for this group.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

NL, I put purple onion in mine. I sliced up into thin rings then soaked it in water which took some of the spice out of it but kept the flavor. I never did it before so was skeptical. It worked great.