Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 116

Old 07-02-2022, 07:27 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to see others successful in recovery.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-02-2022, 10:35 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sitting here smiling at all your posts. I just love them.
Grateful to be busy & doing stuff.
Grateful for pleasant waves & smiles from neighbors we haven't actually met.
Grateful it's not going to be a lost weekend, as in the past.
Grateful for bagels - though I have no business.....
Grateful for the wonderful GP & all who stop in.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:19 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Grateful to remember compassion this morning. I woke up off-kilter ... didn't sleep well, having a reaction to my second Shingles vaccine, angry and upset at all the (involuntary) changes in my life. I yelled and cursed and cried to get it out, then started remembering some of my tools. Watched the birds in my yard. Journaled about the birds. Listened to a recorded talk on equanimity and suffering. Made a zoom appointment with a friend for later today. Decided to paint a portrait of Kuan Yin today instead of doing chores. And I feel a little better.
Grateful for the birds who visited this morning during my internal storm ... a small flock of Bushtits, an Anna's hummingbird, Black Phoebe, Oak Titmouse, Red-tailed hawk in the skies above.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:40 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you had a rough start turs but good on you for turning it around. Wonderful example of self-care.

This morning I am grateful to have a workshop to attend soon.
Old 07-02-2022, 05:23 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the new computer my son in law got for me. It's a Mac mini. Tiny little thing but better than my old computer by far
Old 07-02-2022, 10:45 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Magsie

Numblady pleased your son is on the mend.
Tursiops, wonderful to hear your mindfulness actions and taking care of yourself.

Grateful to see the sun shining
Grateful to see the woodpecker on the tree.
Grateful to be feeling ok.
Grateful to be sober..always.
Grateful for all of your Grats.
Old 07-02-2022, 11:37 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Morning all and thanks for the congrats on my milestone, I truly appreciate it.

Turs, glad you used all your tools and are feeling a bit better, birds can be so relaxing.
Hev, hope you are enjoying your long weekend.
NL, glad your son is home safe and hope he starts to feel better soon.
Aline, hope your enjoying some quality time with Mr Alpine.
PS glad you got that desk down safely! And that the visit went well.
CP, hope that rain clears for you.
Free, I love Indian cuisine, although I'm not overly adventurous on the spice front and stick to the milder flavours unlike my husband who insists on having the hottest thing on the menu and then sits there sweating whilst eating it lol.
Vik and Zura, always always grateful for coffee ☕ ❤ can't beat it.
Jack, I Wish my neighbours would bring me macaroni cheese! They sound very caring and kind!
CBS, hope the tennis was good, definitely worth just looking into a support group, I often wish I had rather than trying to deal with my feelings alone sometimes.
FBL, with you on the grateful for sobriety, I'm finding it never gets tiring waking up clear headed and guilt free.
Mags, you rock too! Hope your weekend is going well.

Gosh I hope I've not missed anybody! Apologies if i have, there's a few here lol.

Grateful for coffee in bed! Only get it once or twice a week so its a treat.
Grateful for a fun family day planned.
Grateful for getting organised and arranging some continuous professional development courses.
Grateful for a quiet week at work this week.
Grateful to have a walk and coffee planned with my bestest friend this week.
Grateful to watch look who's talking too with my kids yesterday, they found it rather funny and it made me feel like a kid again!

Have a fab day all and I'm so glad got a chance to catch up and post properly, your all inspiring.

Old 07-03-2022, 02:36 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for an afternoon of disc golf and basketball yesterday.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-03-2022, 03:37 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Turs, thanks for your post. Yesterday was a tough one with a situation with my MIL and Mr. Alpine and a situation with Mr. Alpine earlier. I am grateful for you for helping me see the "little' things
Grateful for the sunshine today
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful we will hopefully go canoeing
Grateful for Riley, poor little pup was not happy last night with all of the fireworks. He slept right up between our shoulders.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:16 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Alpine I hope your day is better today. Sorry you had such a rough time with family.
BB Coffee in bed sounds great.
Turs like Zura said it sounds like you managed your little breakdown well. It's okay to not be okay though. It's good to release. You know this I am sure. ;0)
Hev glad you have friendly neighbors.
Jack I hope your day long event was enjoyable.
NL I hope your son is better.
PS I am glad your mom was okay with seeing the Assisted Living place.
Free I hope you had a smooth safe flight.
CP thanks for recommending The Bear. It is really good. I started watching it.
least I love Macs. They are so user friendly. And the Apple support is usually excellent.
Zura and Vik it is good to have you here.
Mags good to see you.

I missed yesterday. So here goes.

Grateful for a dinner out with my husband and daughter. Then we went for local ice cream. Yum.
Grateful for Wimbledon.
Grateful for a long weekend.
Grateful for waking up early after going to bed early.
Grateful for a quiet house for now.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my husband will be home for two days instead of going to work.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hey all - not officially morning here but what the heck

Palmer - glad your mum wasn't too negative about the assisted living. I've been there with relatives and these transitions can be very tough for all involved
Vik - hello, nice to see you post here
Tursiops - really liked your post - painting Kuan Yin, finding solace in the birds - that's really beautiful
Britbird - glad you've got some nice plans
Alpine - hope Riley has recovered - poor chap

Today I'm grateful for a fun and interesting day yesterday at an all-day conference on alternative healing with a friend
Grateful for a short but nice chat we had with some people we met there
Grateful for time today to get some stuff done but also to relax
Grateful to be sober. Last night I passed through London Bridge on the way home around 11pm and it was carnage, as it always is - people out of their minds drunk, a grim scene and one I know only too well
Grateful for some things to look forward to over the next few days

Love to all
Old 07-03-2022, 04:45 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

CP/Free, I had a feeling it was LG CP was talking about and had gone to check the newcomer’s forum. I really loved that post too. Framing it in terms of seeking alcohol (and using other behaviors) as avoidance. So helpful. Agree he’s a fantastic poster. And of course I have a soft spot for fellow lawyers
Alpine, that sounds like a rough day. Glad you are here.
Turs, that also sounds like a rough day. Glad you reached into the toolbox.

Grateful I’m going to attempt to ride bikes with a friend and some friends of hers this a.m.
Grateful the meeting I went to yesterday was inspiring but there was a woman with her baby! And she let me hold him! I pretty much had a hard time listening to people’s shares which I know is bad. But … baby!
Grateful yesterday’s topic was all about the pause between impulse and action a la Fearless. I sometimes struggle in a different way in terms of impulse and then inaction because I don’t want to cause conflict. But I’m working on it.
Grateful some friends are having a casual get together tomorrow. Will be nice to have something for the family to do.
Grateful for all of you and your fantastic grats. Better go get ready for my ride!
Old 07-03-2022, 06:13 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

All, where do you find Zoom support meetings? Curious as I haven't done the AA route in a while, but it would be nice to sign in to a meeting here and there.
NL, LOVE that there was a baby to hold! How sweet!
Free, good for you for reporting the loud folks - I hope it worked and you got your sleep.
Jack, sometimes it's good to see the carnage alcohol can cause.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I slept in a little bit after a late night.
Grateful to spend some time with friends at their house, we experimented with fondue and caught up on all of their crazy house projects. Also grateful to leave and come home to my own house, I definitely appreciate it more after seeing what they had going on!
Grateful to watch a video about Mason jar ice cream, I'll probably forget to try it but it was such a cool idea!
Grateful to get a bunch of laundry done yesterday.
Grateful my husband is golfing this morning.
Grateful to be catching myself in negative social media moments - scrolling Facebook and realizing my tension rising sometimes.
Grateful for Pinterest, just inspiring quotes and fun ideas.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 07-03-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Turs - Thanks so much for sharing the tools that you used to fight off those negative feelings. Self-care. Acknowledging, and dealing with, rather than running from. Really good stuff.
CBS - Wimbledon brings back such great memories for me, and it's one of the few sporting events that seems to have remained true to it's roots. I love turning on the TV in the morning and having 'breakfast at Wimbledon'. Memories of Conners, McEnroe, Borg, Graff, Navratilova, etc, etc.

Grateful this morning for the calm after the storm. So many loud fireworks in the neighborhood last night. Grateful for my portable speaker and Spotify sleep playlists.
Grateful for a run at a new trail yesterday, after the rain. Grateful for the padded running surface, which helps to preserve my old knees and ankles.
Grateful for a post and picture that Free shared on our class thread. Sparked memories of flying to a remote fishing cabin with my father when I was a teen.
Grateful for the daily progress that I am making, and for your part in that. Can't thank you enough.
Old 07-03-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hey PS, a person in my SR accountability class turned me onto OMAGOD (Our Mostly Agnostic Group of Drunks) and I'm really loving it. They have Zoom meetings on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 6:00 to 7:00pm Eastern time. I've been attending for a couple of weeks now, and there are over 100 people dialed in. Just a laid-back, welcoming, fun group of folks from all over the country. If you're interested, PM me and I can send you the website, and any other details you might want.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:56 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Grateful CP reposted the group, might have to check it out.

Grateful for quick stop in here today, a float plane ride and van ride.
Grateful for abundant coffee this morning and ample REAL food.
Grateful I’m in Alaska, a lifelong wish come true.
Grateful for FBL, feeling the feelings. Easy and most difficult. Must accept anger and hurt and sadness to accept happiness, contentment and joy.
Grateful for my sobriety, and my social strength NOT to be ashamed of my choices.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:44 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Turs - You are more than entitled to yell, curse, & cry. I tended to try & drink my feelings away & shove them down, never dealt with them properly. I'm glad you released those emotions & went on to feel better.
Brit - Movies like that are good for us - a vacation from heavy, complicated stuff.
Alpine - Sorry little Riley was unhappy with the noise. It's non stop here all weekend. Wish they'd just limit it to the 4th.
Palmer - I've caught myself doomscrolling a few times. We must not go there.
Free - Enjoy every moment.
Grateful it will turn cool tonight.
Grateful to still get the Sunday paper delivered.
Grateful I continue to lose weight - just a little every week. I think I may stick with this.
Grateful for you ALL.

Old 07-03-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Morning 🌞 ☺️
So glad for everything we all have to be grateful for, and that rough times seem short lived and people are feeling the feels but turning things around. Balance, so hard but so important. Best wishes for a wonderful day for all ❤️
Old 07-03-2022, 03:16 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Free, enjoy it!! We camped our way around it for 2 weeks. It was amazing.
Old 07-03-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for coffee.