Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 09-09-2021, 09:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Aly I'm so glad you're moving forward in this journey to resolve some physical pain. I've been thinking a lot about the barriers that the healthcare system and social service system put up that make simply getting what you need so complicated, slow and expensive. I hope you get some good results soon - I know that will help your depression.
least - I'm just glad you haven't gotten skunked!!
Fearless, sending you extra love today on your dad's birthday. Those firsts after losing someone are always tough so be gentle with yourself.
Astro and BKA, I'm proud of how hard you both work to stay active and enjoy life! You set a great example for me. Dusty, you will learn a lot from this group. I'm 11 months sober tomorrow and this group has been the most important part of my recovery.
This week I've been experiencing SSRI withdrawal since I decided to stop my long-term antidepressant and boy am I a cranky, tired, dizzy b**tch! It's brutal but I'm grateful for a flexible job right now. Honestly I'm grateful I live alone because I'm scary to be around right now. Grateful that this will pass and that I am in a place to be able to try this experiment in the first place - only because I'm sober. Grateful to take all things ODAAT to the best of my ability. Grateful for you all.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by AutumnTree View Post
This week I've been experiencing SSRI withdrawal since I decided to stop my long-term antidepressant and boy am I a cranky, tired, dizzy b**tch! It's brutal but I'm grateful for a flexible job right now. Honestly I'm grateful I live alone because I'm scary to be around right now. Grateful that this will pass and that I am in a place to be able to try this experiment in the first place - only because I'm sober.
Been there done that with the SSRI about 15 years ago and it was so worth it, I'm glad to hear you're taking that step. I know we'll all have a different experience with the withdrawal, thankfully mine was pretty easy going . It allowed me to sleep much better afterwards and I didn't have as much fogginess of the brain. I hope it goes well for you, AT.

Grateful for the visit we had from the owner of the venue last night, she was a little tipsy but wanted to thank us for hanging in there during the reopening and the return of big musical acts.
Grateful that moral has been good for concerts lately, it makes it much more pleasant to get through an evening of work.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank you, NL and Astro. I had my 2nd test and the next one will be the ablation. You all are so kind. I actually feel so much better this morning. I guess pain can insidiously cause depression! The test shots work for a little while, I'll take it. I am grateful for be getting the real shot soon and I hope it works.
I had the women in the op room play Someone To Watch Over Me. I've always loved that song. So old. They probably get NIN, etc. The women in that room are the best. I'm just so glad this doctor seems to really be trying everything in his bag of tricks and I appreciate it.
Love to you all. Have a great eve/day!
Old 09-10-2021, 04:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

So grateful that the electrician came this afternoon and fixed all the malfunctioning light fixtures and switches. And grateful that I had the energy and ambition to finish cleaning/organizing my fourth (of six) bookshelf. The den is looking a lot better these days.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:01 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful, Least. I'll have to drink a pot of coffee in order to get 1/6th of that done!

Congrats on your progress, Least. I am always trying to clean in between doctor's appts, vacuuming, etc and it's hard to finish. It looks terrible. I have to work on it again. The ceiling fan guy is coming Monday. Dreadful. In reality, I don't really care two cents what too many people care about me, esp those guys. Sometimes they can be nice, others are super rude. Who knows.

YAY Least! I Billie following you around trying to figure out what you're doing?
Old 09-10-2021, 06:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No, she just stands there and watches me. Sometimes she gets into the things I'm sorting and I have to put it in the trash right away before she chews on it.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey all,

I'm grateful for lots of gardening. I put in a couple more perennials today, weeded and watered.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:06 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you, AT. I hope those withdrawals don’t last long and you get back to your normal self
least, congrats on your cleaning progress and yay for electricians! Billie ❤️
Aly, I think of you often and I hope the pain gets under control. I know it will help your depression!
Grateful for a little rain last night
Grateful for icy hot. Back is a little sore. Maybe from my run
Grateful to make a spinach frittata for breakfast
Grateful Mr F and sonny boy had a good time watching the history channel
Old 09-11-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Did someone meaning cleaning? Ugh, I'm just trying to get an hour nap in between jobs. The house can be dirty

Aly, I really hope your pain is alleviated and the depression subsides, the pain I deal with is minor and I'm sure yours is very debilitating. Always praying for your comfort!

This weeks long stretch of work is almost over with, just working an ASU football game tonight. I'm super grateful I can finally sleep in tomorrow and hopefully feel rested.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:57 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your cherished friendships. I can't think of a group I love more.
Have a wonderful day.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, Astro, my daughter started me on this cleaning frenzy when she cleaned four of the five downstairs rooms. Got me out of my funk and gave me energy to do my own cleaning. I'm about a quarter of the way done with my den, two corners left, two bookshelves, and two shelves of DVDs to dust and clean. I won't get rid of any of the DVDs but might let go of some books on the remaining two shelves.

Grateful for my new-found energy to clean up the house.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to have had a wonderful day of peace and reflection without any more chasing the dragon. I cleaned, did some cooking (Chicken Tikka and jasmine rice) and watched a good documentary then spent some time outside. Soon I will head to bed and work on my sudoku (nightly obsession) and fall asleep to my favorite podcast. It sounds so dull, but I relish every minute and look forward to another day tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good evening all. I sleep with the window open so cool night air pours over me. It is lovely

I had a good day and am grateful for
- finding a shop to fix my bike
-getting the front step railing verathaned
-nice time cutting a small dead tree down along with some dead branches (I love working with a chain saw)
-finding thread that I need to work on a sewing project

Tomorrow I'm hoping to gather my courage and hit a couple of financial projects. Scary stuff for me.

Sleep well my friends.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Grateful for least’s inspiration to clean
Grateful Astro worked the ASU game
Viking, my husband is also a Sudoku addict! And I love my podcasts
Grateful to celebrate Mr F’s birthday. It’s actually in th middle of the week so we are celebrating on a weekend day
Grateful for twice baked potatoes
Grateful to watch the movie Ready Player One
Old 09-12-2021, 10:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
I had a good day and am grateful for
- finding a shop to fix my bike
-getting the front step railing verathaned
-nice time cutting a small dead tree down along with some dead branches (I love working with a chain saw)
-finding thread that I need to work on a sewing project.
Great energy, BKA, I love this! It makes me want to Varathane something

Sooooo grateful to be home with my wife on this Sunday just chillin' and enjoying online church and a leisurely breakfast before I jump into action and get some light chores done. Maybe a nap and some take-out food, yeah that's the ticket!
Old 09-12-2021, 05:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Sleep well all and so sleeps the world.

Have a wonderful, pain free, evenining.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

I had an okay day. I managed to get into the secure email the financial advisor sent, actually got rid of some things on my bedroom floor and rounded off the evening doing some lovely yard work.

I'm grateful to be in bed a bit earlier tonight so I will get up earlier.

May you all be well.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful I picked up the guitar last night, pushed through the arthritis, and learned a bit of Copperhead Road by Steve Earle. Always loved that song and can imagine how it would be to play with a couple other guitarists.
Grateful for my short visit with a friend yesterday.
Grateful I had opportunities to show kindness yesterday to people in positions of service.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:14 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Way to go, Astro!

Love to you all.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:48 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that it's not too hot to walk Billie today. We've gone for one long walk and one short one. Almost 3 miles so far. Grateful to get a load of laundry done. It's ready to be put away now, then my chores for the day will be done.