Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 09-04-2021, 10:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm grateful to be back on SR and grateful to be in a sober community. I'm grateful for Day 5.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome back, listae. I am grateful every day for this community too.

Grateful for a light crowd at the concert I worked last night, we need an easy event every now and then.
Grateful we have a nice yard for entertaining, looking forward to friends & family joining us for a BBQ today.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for several walks with Billie today, sunny and warm but not too hot. Grateful for brunch with my brother. Grateful for all my blessings, and they are many.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that everyone showed yesterday and we had a nice time staying cool in the pool and eating lots of yummy BBQ foods.
Grateful for today to try to get my truck repaired again.
Grateful for a little free time this morning to prepare for the rest of the week and get the plants watered.
Grateful I've got some delicious vegetarian meals planned for lunch and dinner.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread, Dee!
I hope you all had nice weekends!
Aly, you ok?
Grateful for a beautiful Rosh Hashanah service tonight. Even though it's virtual again this year my synagogue does a wonderful job and I was moved to tears many times. So grateful to have found my spiritual home in Judaism. Grateful that my vegan challah turned out beautiful and delicious! Grateful to have made some changes around the house that improve the energy. Very grateful that my old house didn't flood last week as much of Philadelphia did. I hope you are all sheltered and safe from whatever natural disasters lurk in your area! Good night, all.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my daughter came tonight to get more of her 'stuff' out of her old bedroom and to take one of the stray cats that she'd put a flea collar on last Monday. She emailed me to say that kitty was doing well after her flea bath.

Grateful that kitty has a good home now.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Grateful for a fun day at six flags
Grateful for AC. Super hot today
Grateful sonny boy went swimming with his friend after the rides
Grateful I am so exhausted and going to bed!
Old 09-06-2021, 09:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to look at Billie sleeping on her blankie and covered with her other blankie. It's a sight for sore eyes.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for some healthy meals I made with spaghetti squash and zucchini yesterday.
Grateful we have a fridge & freezer full of leftovers, I won't have time to cook this week with all the concerts I get to work.
Grateful for all of you, thank you for keeping me sober one more day.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:02 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I had a good day which is nice. I got out and about which really helped

I'm grateful
- I got a load of metal (2 ancient bikes, a can, and some other stuff) to recycle at the landfill
-I did 30 min of yoga
-I got in an hour of sewing (trying to break the inertia I have around my current project)

Tomorrow: grocery shopping, get some perennials planted, take pictures of tables to get rid of.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Grateful the fire place was fixed and it cost a few hundred dollars less than expected
Grateful to remember my granddad today on his birthday. He died 9 years ago. He would have been 105 today. My dad’s birthday is also this week on 9/9 so I am thinking of him too ❤️
Grateful my creative makeshift toeless running shoes worked out well today, at least for a short run. Not sure yet about a longer run with these blisters I have
Grateful for each of you
Old 09-08-2021, 05:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for the motivational training I received at the stadium last night.
Grateful I'm working the Styx concerts this week and Wynona on Friday, gonna be great shows at the old theatre!
Grateful that we carve out such amazing lives for ourselves in recovery.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:37 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

AT, thank you for asking. I am struggling with pain and depression right now. I'm going for my back ablation tomorrow. I hope it works. I feel like a hunch back. I have a telephone session with my P.A. today. I hope it goes well.
My mom fell again and her ankle is swollen and bruised, but she says it doesn't hurt much. It doesn't look too badly. If it gets worse, I'll take her to the ER. They keep saying to stay away because of Covid. Who knows what to do in these times. I'm going to the library for her in a bit. She lives for her books, so it's the very least I can do. 💗
Thank you so much for your concern. I hope all is well with you.💫💖
Love and peace to all of you. You all mean so much to me!
Old 09-08-2021, 03:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am grateful today for this forum. I am grateful my poorly cat has eaten a little chicken this evening.
I am grateful to be moving forward in my understanding of sobriety and what it means and how it will change me, keep changing me.
Sorry to hear of your pain and depression Alysheba and your poor mum's ankle. Sending positive thoughts.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:39 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Grateful for talking to my pain management consultant. He started as an anestheologist at Stanford and has just been innovative with procedures for pain. I'm going to see him tomorrow but I don't get my ablation. The govt makes them do two nerve blocks before they actually do the ablation. I just want it over with. Grateful that I am one step closer.
I'm really trying, after having some bad days, to just try to Let Go and Let God and mean it. I love my mom and it's not to my benefit holding on to resentments and LET IT GO! I'm working on that so much now. I don't want someone else to determine what kind of a day I'll have.
Thank you and am so, so grateful for all of you. Least, is your daughter still will you? If so, it must be a delight. Give Billie and the kitties big pets.
Fearless, Astro, BeKind, Dusty, Least, Autumn Tree, sleep well and have wonderful dreams(forgive me if I forgot someone,it was a pure accident, but let me know!). Love to my friends and pals!
Old 09-08-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Aly))) Prayers that the ablation helps ease the pain. (whenever you can get it)

Grateful tonight for Billie's good appetite. She eats whatever I give her.

Grateful that I got started on the stick piles today and got four bundles tied up. I can fit two in my trash cart, hopefully the trash guys will take the other two bundles if I just lay them on the ground next to the cart.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:57 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you , my Lovely Least!
Old 09-08-2021, 09:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the skunk eating in the back yard wasn't there when I took Billie out for potty! I've seen skunks out there before when we went out and luckily, they've always just ambled off, with no aggression or spraying. Still grateful it wasn't out there when we went out.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:22 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that skunk wasn't out there too least!

Aly, (((hugs))) to you and your Mom, I think we're all always praying that someone will have the solution for your physical pain and I sure hope your mom's ankle heals up.

Grateful to be back working from home, and grateful for the peace I feel when I'm here.
Grateful to get to say hello to a couple of my favorite musicians once again, they feel like family when they're here.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thank you so very much, Astro. Grateful for your consistent kindness when I know you are sufferring from pain yourself.
Going this afternoon to get another test shot and THEN finally the oblation for my back. At least it's not surgery. Thank you God for not getting my hopes up too high and that it takes 4+weeks to work plus a couple after the test shot, but if it does work, it will all be worth it.
Thank you God for my mom trying. She fell again, but I can tell she's really trying to be kind. So grateful 💖💘
Glad you got to see your musician friends. So fun!!!