Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 87

Old 04-30-2020, 06:04 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, dear least. I hope things happen sooner than later.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Fearless, I'm always thinking about you in regards to your father and hoping for the best, I'm glad he's good with the 24 hour care. I pray that everything goes well.
Least, I'm praying for those checks for you too. We haven't received a stimulus check and also haven't received our state tax refund, it's been over 8 weeks and the state tells us it could take 12. Grrrrr. We are doing just fine though so I need to just stay in gratitude.
I'm so grateful it's Friday. I always do a lot of chores over the weekend but I'm going to try out the new (pre-owned!) smoker and hopefully get some extra rest. For some reason I just wake up feeling exhausted and can't shake the tired feeling for most of the day.
Aly, lots of (((hugs))) coming your way for the anxiety
Old 05-01-2020, 01:11 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

You did yourself proud Aly re the red wine. x

Grateful I don't drink alcohol any more.

Grateful I am well and the rest of my family are too.

Grateful I've finished with the home schooling for the weekend, it's a long weekend too with it being a holiday on Monday.

Grateful to be able to take a couple of unwanted duvet covers and pillow cases to a lady who is making 'scrub' bags for the nursing staff and carer's out of them. She gave me 2 lovely face masks she'd made in return.

Grateful for coffee.

Grateful for spring, all the greenery, the big bumble bees that are about, birdsong and flowers.

Grateful to be posting early tonight, before my bath even, lol.

Grateful Fearless has supportive work mates, that makes such a difference.

Grateful to read Least's post about her early days here.

Grateful to read Astro's posts and to realise what a good man he is.

Grateful for each and everyone of you. xxx
Old 05-01-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Grateful to be able to celebrate my mom's 83rd birthday with her today. Grateful she is in such good shape and looks so great for her age! She probably looks 20+ years younger than she is. I do see the signs of aging in her, esp with her stroke and aneurysm, and sometimes it breaks my heart. Grateful I am here with her. Fearless, my thoughts and prayers are always with you and your Dad too. You are such a great daughter and your dad is so lucky, which I'm sure he's always known.Grateful for a pretty nice day and a nice walk with Luke. Love, peace and stay safe my friends.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Altho I still haven't gotten my stimulus check or replacement SS check, I did get this month's check and paid my rent and bills with it. Don't have much left, but the bills are paid!
Old 05-01-2020, 08:28 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful for the friends and support here at SR.

All the honest and straightforward sharing helps me to be honest with myself about my alcoholism.

Take care, all.

Have a warm, safe evening/day/morning.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:39 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Grateful for coffee.

Grateful for spring, all the greenery, the big bumble bees that are about, birdsong and flowers.
Definitely this!!!

Aly, I hope your grandma has a wonderful birthday!

The smoker is seasoning, I'll be putting fish & turkey on in an hour. Coffee is hot, the pool is a little chilly but refreshing, I've got a few errands to run today. Grateful for this beautiful day.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:21 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Thank you Astro.Grateful for a nice walk with Luke to the mail box. I, surprisingly, got my stimulus check yesterday and I haven't even filed my taxes yet. I am very grateful for that. Grateful to use the money to replace some of the $2K I lost before x-mas. Slowly, but surely.Grateful for the kindness here and the nice things said. Love, peace and gratitude to you all and wellness and safety. least, praying your checks come very soon, grateful you were able to get the necessaries out of the way.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to take a little nap with Billie, my best friend.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind thoughts
Grateful to see tiredcaroenter.
Grateful I got out for a hike
Grateful for my hairdresser who dropped off a color kit. My husband helped me apply it and even trimmed my hair and it all turned out very nice surprisingly.

Grateful I am healthy, employed and have what I need. I am thinking and praying about all those suffering. So many are. Love you all!
Old 05-03-2020, 09:14 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
My husband helped me apply it and even trimmed my hair and it all turned out very nice surprisingly.

Grateful I am healthy, employed and have what I need.
I got a Corona-trim from my wife yesterday to get me through another month, she got a little rough with the buzzer and bruised my neck up accidentally. Lol. We laughed about being quarantined together might be getting on our nerves

We received our stimulus check Friday and used it to pay our Fed income tax. The irony of it huh?

Grateful for a beautiful weekend at home, I've been cooking up healthy meals and working on our home and yard. Life is good.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie and I have walked over 4 miles today! Two long walks on this warm and sunny day.

Astro, was your check in the mail or direct deposit? I'm still waiting for mine...
Old 05-03-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

least I hope it comes soon. Congrats on your mileage today!!!
Grateful for a really nice day. I even got a little shopping done.

Grateful to be watching The Last Dance. Although I was born in CA and moved to Milwaukee and Dallas where my sisters were born, I did a lot of my growing up outside of Chicago and my dad was a huge sports fan, they show a lot of the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan and his career from start to finish. They show when Steve Kerr played with Jordan too on the Bulls. My father would have loved it, esp being an athlete himself and having a deep love of Chicago, where he was raised and played fb at Mt. Carmel, on the South Side, and went on from there. Just a little nostalgia I guess.
Grateful I have such good memories of my dad.

Grateful Daisy's Auntie is home.
Grateful for all of you so very much. Love, peace and good health to all.
Old 05-03-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going to bed sober and grateful that that is the norm these days.

Grateful that my family and myself are all well.
Grateful for a productive day around the house, caught up on the housework and changed all the bed linen too.

Grateful for the sound of silence.

Grateful for a drama free day.

Grateful I've eaten healthily all day.

Grateful for a phone call from my daughter.

Grateful that Aly celebrated her mums birthday with her, I hope you both had a lovely day. xxx

Grateful that Least got this months cheque and I hope she gets her outstanding cheque sooner rather than later.

Grateful the grats posts help TiredCarpenter, they help me too.

Grateful to read about Astro's beautiful day.

Grateful that Aly got her stimulus cheque.

Grateful that Fearless's husband helped her with her hair, I'm not sure that I'd trust Mr D.B to do that with mine, lol.

Grateful that Aly has such lovely memories of her dad, I miss my dad so much and am grateful for memories.

Grateful to be here with you all and I'm grateful that we're on this journey together.

Love to all of you, keep safe. xxx
Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Grateful for Aly's memories of her dad. Daisy’s too. Grateful I talked to my Dad this morning and we took a little road down memory lane too. He remembers things from a long time ago, but can’t remember things from a couple minutes ago

Grateful Astro made me laugh about the corona trim. Mr F won’t let me touch his hair, and sonny boy decided he wants to continue growing his Grateful least is getting her walks in with Billie. I hope the check comes soonÂ

Grateful my Dad received his stimulus check. It will help with a few things.Â

Grateful for small and random acts of kindnessÂ

Grateful Mr F cleaned the windows. We have a lotÂ

Grateful I got out for a hike again. It was a four hour hike. I am so sore. I totally needed it mentally and it was a beautiful day and felt so connected to natureÂ

Grateful to think about the importance of finding perspective in situations every day. I was thinking about with all the stress and sadness with my a dad, he is a beautiful man and I realized there are people dealing with a parent with dementia who maybe have a more difficult relationship and circumstances. I’m adding a perspective practice to my gratitude practice.Â

Grateful to be close to completing an article for workÂ

Grateful to let go of perfection, keep things simple, do the best ai can and learn as much as I canÂ

Grateful for each of you and our shared journey and support for each other.Â
Old 05-03-2020, 09:13 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Grateful for Aly's memories of her dad. Daisy’s too. Grateful I talked to my Dad this morning and we took a little road down memory lane too. He remembers things from a long time ago, but can’t remember things from a couple minutes ago

Grateful Astro made me laugh about the corona trim. Mr F won’t let me touch his hair, and sonny boy decided he wants to continue growing his Grateful least is getting her walks in with Billie. I hope the check comes soonÂ

Grateful my Dad received his stimulus check. It will help with a few things.Â

Grateful for small and random acts of kindnessÂ

Grateful Mr F cleaned the windows. We have a lotÂ

Grateful I got out for a hike again. It was a four hour hike. I am so sore. I totally needed it mentally and it was a beautiful day and felt so connected to natureÂ

Grateful to think about the importance of finding perspective in situations every day. I was thinking about with all the stress and sadness with my a dad, he is a beautiful man and I realized there are people dealing with a parent with dementia who maybe have a more difficult relationship and circumstances. I’m adding a perspective practice to my gratitude practice.Â

Grateful to be close to completing an article for workÂ

Grateful to let go of perfection, keep things simple, do the best IÂ can and learn as much as I canÂ

Grateful for each of you and our shared journey and support for each other.Â
Old 05-03-2020, 09:14 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Oops 😬
Old 05-03-2020, 10:08 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful that today I took the opportunity to apologize to some of my old friends over disappearing from their circle way back when. (chasing booze, women and song instead of sticking with my people) (also hanging out with a rougher crowd)

It was well received by 2 of the 4 guys so far. Still await hearing from the other 2 guys.It is a warm feeling.

Good night from the approximate middle of Canada.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:50 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Least, ours was a direct deposit.
Grateful to be "back in the office" at home but it was a very nice weekend. Grateful to have plenty of plans for the next week.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the lady at SSA who said she'd manually issue my replacement SS check and that I should have it this week.

Astro, I keep checking on my stimulus check and it says it was deposited on April 29th but to the wrong bank!! I've sent several emails to the IRS to correct it but it's still wrong.

Grateful for a nap with Billie today.