Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 87

Old 04-26-2020, 09:45 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Re: Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 87

Grateful for a walk with Billie today. It was a bit chilly but Billie's coat keeps her warm. Glad we could get out for the fresh air, tho the sun wasn't out. Grateful for a nap with Billie in the afternoon.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!

It sounds like all of you are doing very well, so glad to hear that. I'm thankful we have friends, families, and pets that keep us smiling and enrich our lives in recovery. We also all have so many interest in hobbies, that's so crucial as we move through these strange times.
Grateful for a day around the house tidying up the yard and doing a little cooking. Grateful I sold the old ginormous barrel smoker I've had for years and found a neat little electric model on marketplace. I might smoke the trout and a turkey breast next weekend.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going to bed sober again tonight.
Grateful for a quiet day.
Grateful to go shopping for essentials first thing this morning and grateful I didn't have to queue.
Grateful to get all the ironing done and put away, well the things I iron that is, if I can get away with it, it doesn't get ironed.
Grateful that me and my family are well.
Grateful to phone my daughter as she didn't phone me today, she usually phones every lunch time. She was busy in work and didn't get chance today, but she is well.
Grateful for a relaxing bath.
Grateful I have eaten healthily today.
Grateful that one of Fearless's close friends has joined in with the rock painting.
Grateful that TiredCarpenter has joined us. Welcome. xx
Grateful that Least's Billie has a nice warm coat.
Grateful to read Astro's comforting post.
Grateful to be here with you all. xxx
Old 04-27-2020, 03:18 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Grateful I got all our laundry done this morning. Grateful to be going to Walgreens after 4:15 pm ish to pick up some things we need, plus their TP shipment comes in after 4 pm on Mondays and Thurs. They have a limit, thankfully, on how much you can buy, 1 pack for now and I think it's a great idea. There is still not one other store in this area that actually has paper products. I'm beginning to get really disgusted by this. Why don't they have more limits? I have also heard certain neighborhoods, very wealthy with celebs don't have any problem getting these things. Sometimes I just get sick of the inequities.Sorry for the kvetching. Grateful to see you all here. Love, peace and prayers to anyone struggling or suffering in any way. All my love to all of my Grat pack friends. You are so important to me.Fearless, thinking about you, sending a special prayer. Please get in touch if you have anything you feel you want to get off your chest. I am here for you always.Stay safe all.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:45 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As Rusty says, I'm grateful for my gots.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:12 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Grateful to make it here twice in one day! Grateful for Astro’s uplifting postGrateful least her her beagirl Grateful Daisy spoke with her daughter and family is wellThank you, Aly. Also, those things you mentioned trouble me too Grateful Mr F found our little Daisy cat this morning. The garage door to house wasn’t closed all the way so she was in the garage. Poor thing scared to death. Glad she’s okGrateful to watch Hunger Games second movieGrateful to plant the ornamental grass Grateful to get back to eating more healthily and practicing mindfulnessÂ
Old 04-28-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that my morning walks give me time to ponder and contemplate, grateful for 4k steps on the Fitbit before I sit down at my desk. Grateful for a hot cup of coffee.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie and I got in several walks today.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Grateful this day is now over and going to bed sober. I am so tired. I will see you all tomorrow. Love you all!
Old 04-29-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful that my wife and I have so many things to keep us busy and many hobbies, it keeps the anxiety and boredom at bay and keeps our marriage fresh. I'm grateful too for the laughs we have together while we're working at home.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Grateful I don't drink anymore.

Grateful to be well and grateful my family are well too.
Grateful it rained today, the garden need it, but I hope it doesn't rain now for days on end.

Grateful I didn't have too many arguments with g.son today re home schooling.

Grateful to do some sewing with him and show him how to make a face mask.

Grateful for a peaceful night.

Grateful to post here, though I'm still struggling with the site problems.

Grateful for all of you. xxx
Old 04-29-2020, 05:17 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Grateful that when someone I know handed me a glass of red wine I got up shortly and dumped it. Yay!Grateful for all of you.Peace and love to all of you and to anyone suffering or struggling in any way.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to be a member of the Grat Pack.
Grateful that Billie and I got some walks in before it rained.
Grateful to be sober! I can't imagine dealing with this crisis if I were still drinking/sick all the time...
Old 04-29-2020, 05:48 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

(((least))) I know you are going through a hard time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Sending prayers, my friend.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:30 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

yep, Daisy, I’m still having site issues too and wondering if it’s time I accept it is what it is. LolAstro, I love your marriage and even a little jealous Aly, way to go sistah! Good for you!Least, I hope everything is ok. Thinking of you. Glad you have your beagirl Grateful I got through a tough day. My Dad is finally on board to move to 24 hour care so the process has begun Grateful for supportive work mates. Grateful to get a new game. It’s the Bob Ross happy little accidents game where one person starts a doodle drawing and someone else finishes it and you develop creative skills 😊. Grateful son and mr f are wanting to play. Grateful for each of youÂ
Old 04-30-2020, 06:43 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Grateful that when someone I know handed me a glass of red wine I got up shortly and dumped it. Yay!
Well done Aly!
Grateful for all of you and the kindness you express towards each other. Grateful for our Zoom Bible study with 4 other couples last night, we had some good laughs too.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Thank you all and Astro, you are right, grateful for the kindness and I believe love here on our thread. At the very least, I am so grateful you are all here. Grateful for your description of your morning walks with Missy. Sounds beautiful.Tired tonight. Love and peace to anyone suffering or struggling tonight in anyway, esp if it induces anxiety.Grateful for all your posts. Love that you have a new family game, Fearless. When my dad was alive and we weren't watching football, he liked to play scrabble and different games/movies/TV. He was just kind of cool/simpatico with me. My mom is the exact opposite. Oh well, working toward acceptance. Sometimes it is so much less exhausting.Love, peace and healing to anyone struggling or suffering in anyway.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Grateful to take next week off I’ve got a lot to handle regarding my Dad. Plus I am feeling overwhelmed with work. It’s not that I feel I cant handle. It’s more about work place politics. I honestly feel that maybe I should leave this job. We shall seeÂ
Grateful that my husband is hanging in there. He is having his share of work stress too, and may be calling it quits and retiring sooner than laterÂ
Grateful sonny boy is so independent and handling everything so well.Â
Grateful for each of you and your uplifting postsÂ
Old 04-30-2020, 06:01 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Wishing you the very best, Fearless.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:02 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm grateful for my friends here in the Grat Pack. The advice I got here, when I was early in sobriety and not 'feeling it', about expressing gratitude, was the best advice I've ever gotten.

Aly, I'm just waiting to get my replacement SS check and hopefully soon, my stimulus check, so I can pay off some bills and have a little breathing room.

Fearless, that doodle game sounds like fun. Sending you love and hugs in dealing with your dad's situation.