Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 87

Old 06-04-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful for a peaceful, almost silent, morning.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:52 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Fearless you have such a lot going on in your life right now. I'm so sorry to read about your husband's job, that must have been a shock to him. But, you know, things do have a way of working out and I firmly believe that as one door closes another one opens ( that was my grannies favourite saying!). I was upset to read about your dad's deterioration, it brought back a lot of sad memories. Sending you both lots of love. G.son is having a karate lesson tomorrow, an outdoor one with either another student, or one to one with his instructor who is going to phone me in the morning to advise.

Astro I'm sorry you've been having panic attacks, they are horrible. I hope that you find a steady evening job soon, leave it in God's hands and he will guide you.
I'm sorry you have a cyst on the back of your knee, what a nuisance, the sooner it goes the better. My feet are the bane of my life, lol, apart from having hideous, humongous bunions because of arthritis, I have a large ganglion cyst on the top of my right foot which my doctor won't drain because he reckons it would cause more harm than good and now I have this squishy lump on the back of my heel. I am grateful because at least I have 2 feet that work, I'm not in pain, I just wish I could wear pretty shoes, but that's being vain.

Grateful to be sober still.
Grateful to be able to share with you all and read your inspiring grats.
Grateful for warm clothes, it's been cold today.
Grateful for the entertainment value of braiding my g.son's hair, he made me watch a YouTube tutorial lol, his hair isn't that long but he's gone to bed delighted because he looks like he's got dreadlocks. He's admired himself massively in the mirror lol. I'll be glad when the hairdressers are open again.
Grateful to feel well and grateful that my family are all well too.
Grateful to do some baking this afternoon.
Grateful that I have this place to come to.
Grateful to be on this journey with you.

Love to Aly. xxxxx
Old 06-04-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Daisy, good for you on the braiding. I was never good with my hair. Ck watched a tutorial and french braided her own hair once. Did a great job too.

Aly, we miss you!

Astro, it's wonderful how your needs are provided when times are tough.

Tonight I'm grateful for Billie's companionship and love. Her constant presence steadies me and keeps me sane. More than just sane - content too, despite hard times. Just being around Billie and the cats calms me.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:52 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Astro and Daisy, I know you have been through this with your parents. I can’t remember if least has also but I know lots of people have. It does help to know I’m not alone. Daisy, I love the story about your g.sons hair and the dreadlock look! I may steal the idea for sonny boy.
Astro, I’m sorry about the cyst on your knee and the panic attacks too. I am hoping something comes your way soon. I think getting work is hard for many at this time! Keep on doing your best and persevering
TC, glad you had a quiet peaceful morning.
Grateful for a long hike this morning
Grateful for a talk with my mortgage lender, to have options explained and decide on a plan
Grateful for my Dads close friend. I called today to catch up and let him know about my Dad. I started crying and he was such a good listener. Told him about my husband too. Daisy, you wouldn’t believe it- he said the same thing your grandmother used to tell you about one door closing and another opening. As soon as he said that, a delivery man showed up with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my work team. They know how much I’ve been dealing with. So grateful for them. The next thing that happened is I asked my Dads friend if he knew someone who could mow my Dads lawn at the house and I could pay him since the HOA is threatening various things because the yard has not been maintained (of course ai didn’t know the escrow with the buyer was going to fall through). So the friend said “are you kidding? I can do that for you“. I asked if he had a lawn mower and he said “are you kidding? I own five. I buy used ones, rebuild and sell them.” All of this after the statement about doors closing and others opening. So timely and sort of seemed like a sign to me.
Grateful my Dads phone line is straightened out. Back to a simple landline. Grateful to hear his voice and have him answer “hello, this is dad from outer space.” It made me laugh hysterically. He still has his humor even when he’s not feeling well. He was better today
Grateful to hear from Aly! She misses SR but has been very weak from an illness requiring hospitalization and will take some time to recover. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers
Grateful Mr F took sonny boy to pick up his final stuff at school
Grateful Mr F does get a relatively decent severance and he seems to be doing ok today with everything. One door closes, another opens. I will keep this in mind 😊
Grateful to have a slow day at work, though it’s a little scary too.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I am grateful for my beautiful children. I'm grateful that I get to put them to bed each night and greet them each morning.

I'm grateful for today, being alive and sober.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:03 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my friendship with Aly. Get well soon Aly. I miss you.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I miss Aly a lot too and hope all is well with her.

Fearless, it made me smile to hear about your Dad on the phone. My father had an old flip phone, he was forever losing the charger or he'd take the battery off, then he'd swear that residents were stealing his old Motorola phone parts I think he managed to actually pick up the phone twice in 3 years when I called!

Daisy, you have a Bad Feet Brother I have hammer toes and bunions from wearing cheap work boots all my life, and arthritis too, so I won't be wearing any designer sandals but I manage to walk and hike pretty well.

I'm grateful it's Friday and I have a friend to visit tomorrow who is also struggling with anxiety. We'll lift each others spirits!
Old 06-05-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Just a quick one. So, so grateful for my great friends here. Thank you, Fearless for keeping tabs on me in the midst of everything going on in your life. You are such a special and wonderful person!! Grateful for all of the wonderful and special people here and all the love. I wasn't even sure anyone would notice I was gone. Nice to see Least and Purps on the few times I've been on Twitter. Kind of draining right now.
Grateful for the messages and PMs from friends checking on me. I will go back and read the back posts. I've missed you all very much.
I'm having a tough time of it, more so than I expected. I have a bleeding ulcer.. I've lost a lot of blood and am very weak and anemic again. The surgeon did say it would take time to build myself back up. I did too much when I first came home and it kicked my tail. Mags, the love, kept sending me messages to go slow and steady, baby steps. She was so right. Grateful I had two infusions before I left the hospital and was just barely out of the transfusion range. I don't think I'd want one right now, with Covid, etc., which I tested negative for, thankfully.
Grateful for all the love and prayers and your friendship so very much. I'm feeling pretty alone right now and it is really a life saver to know you are all here and have so much kindness and caring, even amidst the pandemic and your own personal challenges. Grateful my mom is here with me and is being quite patient and kind. I am humbled and so grateful. All my love to each and everyone of you. Love and peace to you all.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Grateful for the good folks here on SR and in my recovery community as a whole. I can’t do this by myself.
Grateful to be warm in bed with the wind blowing outside soothing me.
Grateful for the beautiful full moon which is rising right in the middle of my bedroom window.
Grateful for another day without a drink.
Grateful that tomorrow is another opportunity to do my best and learn something.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Grateful, so grateful, to see our Aly here tonight, we've all missed you so very much. I'm sorry to hear that you've been in hospital and that week and anaemic, you must take good care of yourself now and do as Mags said, slow and easy baby steps until you're feeling stronger. I'm pleased that your mum is being patient, I'm sure she has been worried about you too. Lots of love to you Aly, just post when you feel up to it. xx

Wow Fearless, that was some day you had and I'm amazed too about what your dad's close friend said, definitely a message there. I loved reading about how your dad answered the phone to you, bless him, it's lovely that he has such a wonderful sense of humour. My friend Ann from the Whiner's thread calls life's misfortune's 'strangely wrapped gifts' which puzzled me when I first read it, but now I get it.

Astro, I remember you telling me about your feet before, lol, we just have to be grateful that we have two of them and they work, lol.

Grateful that I'll be going to bed sober again tonight.
Grateful to be watching some old Tom Jones tributes to his being 80 on Sunday, some memories there.
Grateful for my socks today, it's back to being cold.
Grateful that my little cat is in a very affectionate mood, though she'll probably bite me in a minute.
Grateful that I and my family are all in good health.
Grateful that Least, Billie and the cats have each other.
Grateful that Fearless's posts about her dad bring back memories of my lovely dad. I miss him every day.
Grateful that Mamatembo has joined us. Welcome. Grateful that she gets to put the children to bed each night and is there for them each morning, that's good.
Grateful I have a 'bad feet' brother, lol.
Grateful, very grateful, to see Aly back with us.
Grateful that Nogoingback has joined us. Welcome.
Grateful to be part of this little community.
Grateful for each of you xx
Old 06-05-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to see Aly back with us!

Grateful for a productive walk with Billie after she ate her supper.

Astro, I don't have bunions, but do have terrible calluses and that darn toenail fungus that means I have to have a podiatrist cut my toenails. I've got remedies for both and am applying them every day.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Grateful to see new faces mamatembo and no going back. Welcome!
Grateful for Aly! Yes, as Mags says - baby steps, Aly! We all love you so much!
Loved that story about your Dad’s phone, Astro. Glad you are supporting your friend
Daisy, that one about “strangely wrapped gifts” is going in my journal. It gave me chills. I thought about all the misfortunes in my life and how I looked back in many as a blessing in disguise or in other cases a big life lesson learned that made me a better person
Always grateful for you, least
Grateful to feel so much better emotionally today. Grateful to feel hope that everything will work out ok. As Dee says .... if it’s not ok, it’s not the end. I think it was a Beatle who said that ?
Grateful my husband is such an amazing human being. He is such an honest caring human. I am so lucky!
Grateful sonny boy is not objecting too much about me making up a Summer school/camp curriculum. There are limited Summer camps because of Covid and whatever is out there we won’t sign up for anyway since we are really watching the budget now
Grateful to plant some beautiful succulent flowers today.
Grateful to catch up with a few close friends today
Grateful to re-evaluate what matters most in life.
Grateful for the love here
Old 06-05-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the love here
I too am grateful for my friends here.

Strangely wrapped gifts... like the addiction that brought me here where I met some of the best people in the world. A blessing indeed.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:17 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful that with some sobriety my heart has become warm and sincere.

Grateful to have this community (SR) where caring is promoted.

Grateful for all of your kind hearts.

Be well.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm grateful for the "Bad Feet Trio" that I have with Daisy and Least Aly, I'm sorry to hear about your ulcer, I had a bleeding one in my teens but it was nowhere near as severe. Please continue to get good care for that. I got a negative antibody test back this week and while there's not much I can do with that news it's just good to know I don't have it.

I'm very grateful for our community here, I get to take our kindness out into the world with me.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for good dog walking weather. Grateful to get such a kick out of watching Billie sniffing so intently. I love watching her just 'being a dog'.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Grateful for the High Winds Blowing outside and I am inside....
Grateful for the walk as it was windy while I walked with God....
Grateful for the fence hanging in there as these winds blowing real strong...
Grateful for my Husky ..Stormie as she is such a cuddly Teddy Bear....so sweet and gentle.....
Grateful for the peace and quiet....
Grateful for Serenity....
Old 06-06-2020, 09:49 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Free.

Grateful for this day sober.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:01 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful to visit with a friend and share a healthy lunch. Grateful the heat isn't as intense this weekend. Two leaks on our water service, grateful I have the skills to repair them today.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:30 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Grateful to have run an errand and helped my mom with some vacuuming. So I'm grateful to be tired. Grateful that when I went to the pharmacy, that everything was ready and I won't have to go back for a bit.
Grateful that next week I'm going to try to step it up a little bit.
Grateful I wrote an email to my doctor and asked for a few things, like blood tests, etc. and I will make an appt after my blood tests are done. I'm going to try to do a little more next week, but I really have to watch over doing it, as is my tendancy.
Thank you Daisy. So great to see you and thank you for welcoming me back with kindness and open arm, my other on line sister.
Grateful to be back and on the mend. I still have to make another appt with the surgeon who did my surgery to follow up with him, but in about 3 weeks or so. Sorry, kind of thinking out loud. When you're anemic like the severity that I get it, it can cause muddled thinking because when you don't have enough iron, you don't have enough oxygen going to your vital organs, like your brain. I feel spacey a lot.
Fearless, prayers for you and your family.
Grateful to see TC, glad you're still with us and sunpengwin too..
Grateful for Astro and Least and their meaningful posts and friendship.
I hope I got everyone. All of a sudden I'm really tired.
Love and peace to all of you and to anyone struggling or suffering tonight.