Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 96

Old 03-04-2020, 01:52 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hello lovely gratters! So very grateful for you all.
Grateful to be just over two years sober as I prepare to turn thirty tomorrow. I am so very grateful that I have chosen and continue to choose sobriety and to keep working towards being a better person and to have left the drinking lifestyle behind. I look forward to welcoming a new, sober decade.

Grateful for CK and that your avatar makes me smile each time I see it!
Grateful NL shared that you also do not have clarity around a 'dream job' - I feel exactly the same and it's comforting in a way to know and accept that even though it would be amazing to have that certainty, maybe not everyone has one and that's OK too? Personality tests are always a bit of fun!
Grateful FBL's friend Liz didn't relapse.
Grateful RZ obtained the info he needed from his grandmother's birth cert.
Grateful Daisy has been given a courtesy car, though sorry for your car troubles. Car trouble is always so frustrating and costly - in both time and money! I adore cherries - thank you for reminding me that summer is near.
Grateful Courage always has such wonderful nuggets of perspective and philosophy!
Grateful for Aly.
Grateful for Hev's tales of beautiful nature. I'm sorry you had panicky midnight thoughts, they are the worst. Happy that you were able to vanquish same!
Grateful Least had the magic of coffee to beat your headache.
Grateful for Rose's wonderful way with words. Your posts always fill me with calm, Rose.

Take care all and sending big hugs to everyone
Old 03-04-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Mags, excellent point about how much worse Daisy’s misadventure could have been had she been drinking to boot! Daisy, sorry you had to go through it!
Aly, interesting about the elephant rescue. I’ve not heard of it but that doesn’t mean anything as it’s such a big state. It would be cool if you moved to TX!
Hev , typing depos sounds like a cool way to make money. Like something you could do when you have the time though I’m sure there are times people are blowing you up trying to get a record for an appeal or what not.
Rose, love the idea of you with the steno pad and all.
FBL, so glad your friend didn’t relapse.
Hi and love to all others!

Grateful to be able to come here for some positivity. Was feeling pretty low, though sleep helped (in between the FOUR times my child woke me up on the way there).
Grateful to know when I’ve messed up.
Grateful for this board and a ll of you.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep! Yay !
Grateful to live in a country where I have a choice; that there is freedom.
Grateful to have available and to now know better that I should pursue good healthcare to keep myself running and to try and make the best of the rest of my time here.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

doin ok rose

grateful to be headed for third immunotherapy treatment today
Old 03-04-2020, 05:58 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

RZ - So much love goes with you.
Rose - I was a shorthand class dropout. I simply could't get beyond 'Dear Sir or Madam'. Back in the day they steered us to Nurse, Teacher, Secretary - I'm so glad it's very different now.
I read your concert concerns too quickly & thought you were going to see The Who....nope - World Health Org. Somebody help me...need more coffee.
Numb - I can't believe I once typed the depos while drinking & hungover. They have to be 100% accurate. All the unnecessary stress we've added to our lives, thinking we were helping ourselves cope.
I like your comment about knowing when you've messed up. I was oblivious for many years.
NC - Turning 30 - oh, to go back there and do things differently. A long & wonderful sober life lies ahead of you.
Grateful for a shopping trip today. I'll be armed with my new reusable bags - no more plastic ones available.
Love to all - have a fabulous day if at all possible.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:04 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Thinking of you today, RZ!
NCJ, happy real birthday and happy sober birthday too! Grateful for your positive energy always!
Rose, I’m glad you didn’t go to that event! My family is just starting to think about whether to cancel a cruise to Alaska. It’s not until July but our full payment is due next month. On the other hand, we are purchasing trip insurance for reasons other than the coronavirus so maybe we will just stick to the plan for now. So many unknowns with this outbreak. So scary!
Daisy, sorry you had to go through that. What a pain. Glad you have a courtesy car
Grateful to see the rest of you this morning
Grateful to sort of embrace my insomnia and if I can’t sleep just focus on rest, mindfulness and staying healthy. Grateful to plan to get more regular massages as part of this resting idea
Grateful I have time to catch up on work and I’m not completely overwhelmed
Grateful to out out some new planters in the covered patio area yesterday
Grateful to run into a neighbor and relate to each other over busy lives, aging parents with dementia, and being part of the sandwich generation
Grateful that I am not alone
Grateful for each of you
Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I woke up sober.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:37 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Grateful so very much for all of you and your kindness. I just love you all. Thank you so much for thinking of me and wishing me well. So grateful for all of you.
Rusty, prayers go with you today too. Prayers that you are feeling better.
So grateful for this thread and the wonderful kindness here. All my love to each and every one of you. ♥♥♥
Old 03-04-2020, 05:15 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Red-Winged Blackbird
Grateful for birds:
Red-Winged Blackbird song: https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/94...959.1583370360
Old 03-05-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Magsie

Zippy, hope all went well with your immunotherapy treatment.

Grateful I’m back in from the shops, I went to a different one as they had my favourite ice cream on offer, only to see ‘twas no more on offer.

Grateful the sun is shining.
Grateful I can drive...the car...(and Mr. Mags up the wall sometimes )
Grateful for my coffee.
Grateful for all of you!
Old 03-05-2020, 03:28 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

RZ, thinking of you.
Grateful for the hilarious look on my cat’s face when I listened to the blackbird clip for a while. Especially since the calls were interspersed with silence, he’d look over at my ipad with this slightly crazed “what the what” look in his eyes, then resettle, then back to “what the what”.
Grateful for the amazing Internet and things like people recording bird songs so we can just go listen whenever we choose.
Grateful to examine my role in things that don’t go well.
Grateful to have bought healthy (and expensive )food for my cats to hopefully prevent any future blockages!
Grateful I bought a new tent.
Grateful I can take the kids on a campout without focusing on how I am going to bring enough booze but also hide how much I am drinking from the other families. Not that I did that while drinking because I just didn’t go do stuff like camp out.
Grateful for the chance to be a bigger better person than I was yesterday.
Grateful to be here with all of you.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:35 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that my Mom is back to doing her physical therapy.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Grateful for you wonderful souls
Grateful to be finally keeping (mostly) on top of my weight/fitness.
Grateful to turn thirty today and welcome a fresh decade.
Grateful for the challenges faced and self improvements made in my twenties.
Grateful for my sweet boy’s sassy antics in our riding lesson last night and that I have come so far since 6-8 months ago in knowing how to react / not react and manage him without anxiety or panic and actually laugh and enjoy it instead.
So grateful my friend did not take a bad fall when her horse bolted (he’s a sweetheart but a big powerful horse and still very young and spirited).

Sending positive vibes to you all
Old 03-05-2020, 05:21 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

grateful treatment went well

Grateful for birds
grateful for the north american pecker head

lot's around my town! lol
Old 03-05-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - We're hesitant to make plans too - sad, since the nice weather's coming.
RZ - We have those around here as well.
NC - Our reactions are everything, aren't they? I'm still working on mine.
FBL - Happy to know your mom is doing better.
Numb - It's great to not be hindered by our alcohol entrapment. In the end, I was taking it with me everywhere - & somehow justified it. Enjoy the campout.
Courage - I loved it! That's him alright - & now his lady friend has joined him.
Grateful the snow last night is already gone - but it was beautiful.
Grateful for no 3am wake ups last night. Can't figure out why it happens.
Grateful I'm gradually not worrying as much about other's perception of me.
Grateful for the determination to start an exercise routine. Nothing crazy - something realistic that I'll stick with.
Love you!
:
Old 03-05-2020, 09:53 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going to the dentist to start a crown on a tooth that is hurting off and on.
Grateful to have filled out a survey about my unproductive doctor's appt. again. Grateful I still have the where with all to stick up for myself.
Grateful NC is enjoying her riding. I do miss it. I remember those days. One of my first horses was a chronic bucker but could jump the Puissance Wall or at least die trying. I learned how to ride the bucks very well, but not before several concussions took place. So glad you're enjoying your horse. They were the love of my life and I hope you always have one in your life. Happy Birthday!!♥
Grateful for all of you and your wonderful posts. Sorry for the bit of negativity about my doctors, but jeez, it's frustrating.
All my love to all of you and reading these posts and all the lovely gratitude that always lifts my mood.
Grateful for all of you!!♥♥♥
Old 03-05-2020, 09:55 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for good dog walking weather. Grateful to wake up sober with Billie beside me on the bed.

Happy Birthday NC!
Old 03-05-2020, 01:48 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

grateful to finally check in. It’s morning somewhere! My iPad is being difficult so I am typing from my phone. Please excuse the typos and any other strange things
Hev, I have no idea what to do about the cruise. Mr F definitely wants to cancel. Sonny boy is sad
grateful that my insomnia is not due to drinking and perhaps is just due to aging and hormones. I’ll get through this one way or another
grateful to have a slow time at work and take today off. I Actually didn’t tell my boss. Lol
grateful to get some personal errands done this morning
grateful to carve out a new space in the front yard to chill out. Enjoying the peace and quiet, open space around me, the isolation and lack of neighbor activity in general where I live, the sound of the wind chimes, the breeze, the water stream, the birds and crows and the view of the hills
grateful for each one of you
Old 03-05-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
grateful for the north american pecker head

lot's around my town! lol

Glad the treatment went well, Rusty!

Grateful for my sobriety, without which, nothing.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:08 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful NCJan is now 30 years ( for yesterdayxx) and found sobriety for two years already.

Grateful for all of you

Grateful for another sober day.