Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 85

Old 12-10-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Fearless, that's wonderful new about your father and I know what a relief it is. I'm very grateful my father had enough pension and disability money coming in every month to cover his care expenses!

Daisy, nice to see you!

Aly, I pray for your sister too, and for everyone struggling with addictions that we all come to find a recovery path that works for us.

Grateful for all of you today.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thank you Astro so very much. You have been so kind to me about my sister issues. ♥
Old 12-10-2019, 02:25 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the company that makes Billie harness is sending me a free replacement cause the buckle broke on hers. All I had to do was send them pictures of the harness and the buckle where it was broken.

Grateful that some companies stand by their products and have great customer service.

Grateful for the Grat Pack.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Thank you Aly, I've been much better today. I hope you are okay. I'm so sorry about your sister and I pray that this is the wake up call she needs xx

Thank you Fearless, I've been thinking about you too. I know you'll hold it together, you're stronger than you know. I hope sonny boys is much better too and will be fit to take his black belt grading at weekend xx

Thank you Least, I am much better today. xx

Grateful to be sober again tonight.
Grateful to have no desire to drink alcohol.
Grateful that my g.son really made me laugh when he came home from school today, he was speaking in cockney accent and has taken it upon himself to call me 'mate.' !!!
Grateful for a hot, bubbly bath and fresh p.j's.
Grateful my little cat is in for the night.
Grateful Fearless has had some good news about her father.
Grateful to see you here Astro, you're a rock.
Grateful that there are still some companies that offer good customer care.
Grateful to get time to post tonight.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xxx
Old 12-10-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to have food in the kitchen. Grateful for coffee!

Cockney accent and calling you 'mate'.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:34 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Grateful for friendship here and for each one of you!
Grateful for all the little things and everything that is going well
Grateful to be going to bed sober
Old 12-11-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
he was speaking in cockney accent and has taken it upon himself to call me 'mate.' !!!
Well I hope he bloody well got the accent right!

Grateful for humor, there are days that I really need to begin with a laugh.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:32 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hiya Mates

He's still at it today Least

You're in my thoughts Fearless.

He bloody well did Astro

Grateful to be going to bed sober again.
Grateful for my warm coat today, it's been freezing.
Grateful that g.son has been given the part of the prince in his drama class's upcoming production of Sleeping Beauty, lol. He was hoping to be one of the 7 dwarfs so being prince is a bit of a surprise. What's really funny is that 'Sleeping Beauty' is 2ft taller than him . It's going to be such a treat to watch in the new year.
Grateful to watch him in his karate class this evening.
Grateful for a phone call from my daughter.
Grateful my mums bad cold seems a bit better today.
Grateful my step g.daughter sent me a beautiful photo of her 3 babies.
Grateful to stick to my boundaries during a text conversation with my wayward son.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful the rest of the house are in bed and I have a little time to myself to post here.
Grateful not to use this time to myself to secretly drink wine like I did once upon a day.
Grateful for a lovely hot bath.
Grateful for the small things in life.
Grateful for the humour shared here along with the tears and the prayers.
Grateful to be on this journey with you all xx
Old 12-11-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with Billie. Too cold to walk her but we had a nice day inside.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

G’d mates! Love it! Glad he’s gettin the bloody accent down too. Lol. I couldn’t stop saying g’day mates after a trip to Aussie land years ago. A funny story... we went to a local deli there and ordered sandwiches. The waitress asked if we’d like cheese and we said yes, what are the options. She just said “Tasty”. My husband said that’s great it’s tasty, but what kind is it? She just kept saying “Tasty”. So we learned Australia has its very own brand of Tasty cheese
That sounds so lovely about the sleeping beauty production. You must be so proud of g.son Daisy. Of course, you are in my thoughts too and I’m glad you are sticking to boundaries, as hard as that can be
Glad you had a nice indoor day with Billie, least
Grateful for a productive work meeting, and that I made it on time. Traffic was terrible. Grateful the gal behind me got the ticket for being in car pool lane instead of me. I know I shouldn’t do it but sometimes I can’t resist when I’m so worried about being late
Grateful to get a little Xmas shopping for all the nieces and nephews (in laws) done
Grateful for such an awesome work team who step in to help out. I’ve needed it this month. We all really care about each other
Grateful sonny boy got the final green light for black belt test this Sat. Fingers crossed
Grateful for Annie Grace (the gal who wrote naked mind). I love the emails. The last one was about making life happen and having gratitude instead of letting life happen (complaining)
Grateful to work a bit on my emotional sobriety
Grateful for Whole Foods hot bar
Grateful to start planning for lots of fun things this weekend
Grateful for each of you

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 12-11-2019 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Autocorrect errors
Old 12-12-2019, 04:05 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for the smiles you brought me as I read through your grat posts!
Old 12-12-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Grateful to Fearless for giving me Amazon's number. It was a hacker and all fake. I lost a lot of money. I hate those people, but I wish I would have followed my gut and let him go.
Grateful that I gave my sis a ride to work and she told me, that it is only money and be grateful it wasn't something else terrible. That helped.
Grateful that although I feel like I had a total beat down, I am safe.
Grateful to get Luke's nails done. Always grateful for Luke. Poor thing got so scared he started shaking and crying, jumping on a leather bench, pacing. I didn't even leave him. He goes into panic mode if there is even a hint of me leaving him. It's really hard sometimes. He was perfect for his nails though.
Grateful for all of you. Thank you so much for your support, not sure what I would do without you all.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:27 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going to bed sober tonight.
Grateful I have everything ready for tomorrow, packed lunches, uniform etc.
Grateful for a productive talk with the headmistress at school re issues with g.son's daddy.
Grateful to watch my g.son play violin this evening in the Mayor's charity Christmas concert in our local parish church, it was an excellent night and I enjoyed every minute. Proud nan moments. x
Grateful for a bath and time then to post.
Grateful Fearless's sonny boy has the all clear for his black belt test on Sat, I'll have everything crossed for him don't you worry.
Grateful to read about her story too about Tasty
Grateful that Astro is here, you're out rock Astro.
Grateful that Aly has such a positive attitude about her dreadful hacker experience, I would be crying. I'm really upset about what happened to you Aly, how awful, I don't understand how people who do that sort of thing can live with themselves. Karma will catch up with him/her. Sending you a big gentle hug and lots of love. xxxx
Grateful to be here with you all. xxx
Old 12-12-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Thank you, Daisy and congrats on your beautiful g son. You watch over him so well. Sending love and I can just feel how proud you are.♥
Fearless, sending good energy to sonny boy for his black belt test. How wonderful for both of you. I would expect nothing less from people who are such good parents or grandparents.♥
To top all of this off my mom is being a real jerk about everything. I have such a love/hate relationship with her. Right now, it's not love. Thank God I have all of you. I just get negativity from her and no support. Well, I'm used to her being awful. It still hurts though.
So grateful for all of your support. ♥♥♥
Old 12-12-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Aly, I am so sorry about that hacker. I really hope this gets sorted out and you can file a claim and get that money back. That happened to my husband and I both at different times and we just disputed the charges, opened a fraud claim, got new cards and everything was fine! Poor Luke. But I’m so glad he has you and you him
Daisy, is the g.son who plays violin aka young Sheldon? Your g.son(s) have a lot of talent!
Thank you all for the well wishes for the black belt test
Grateful to feel all of my feelings. I am so overwhelmed with an array of confusing and conflicting emotions about my Dad’s situation. I have so much gratitude for how things are coming together and working out in ways I didn’t anticipate, for my Dad’s amazing friends, humor in unlikely situations, etc. At the same time, I know my Dad is at the end of his life and it makes me so sad even though he’s 84 and it’s no surprise. I just didn’t expect all this and to have such intense emotion. I have scheduled a therapy appointment in a couple weeks and grateful for this.
Grateful for perspective. Sonny boy is in an angry mood and I could care less
So grateful for each one of you and how much we lift each other up.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, yes, file a claim and see if you can get your money back.

Fearless, I know how you're feeling, I felt the same watching my mom go downhill.

Tonight I'm grateful to be going to bed sober again. If I didn't have my sobriety, I would have nothing.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fearless, it was so hard to watch my father decline but I'm thankful there were capable people caring for him. They didn't always hold up to my high standards, but looking back I know they did a great job and I know it gave my Dad some comfort.

Aly, I'm so sorry you got taken advantage of like that. I just don't understand how people can do that to someone else. I agree that in the end karma will catch up with them. Do everything you can to file claims and recover that money.

Grateful it's Friday. Big weekend ahead, lots of work hours, I'm just anxious to get on with it!
Old 12-13-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Thank you Aly,,I'm sending love right back to you. I'm sorry about your mum, families can be so trying, I know.

Fearless, I'll be thinking about sonny boy tomorrow. Sending lots of positive vibes his way.
No it's not young Sheldon playing the violin, its my little live in g.son. It's quite funny really because he got into learning the violin by mistake, his lessons are at school during lunch time and he thought they were going to be guitar lessons when he volunteered to have them lol, but he is really enjoying it, so good luck to him.
It was incredibly hard to watch my beloved dad deteriorate with his Dementia too, it's such a cruel disease. He was the same age as your dad too. So sad.

Least, you have your sobriety, you have Billie and you have us, you are rich in love. xx

Astro, I'm sorry that you had to watch your dad decline too, it's got to be one of the hardest things to see. Big hugs. ((( )))

Grateful to be going to bed again sober this Friday night.
Grateful to have got the Christmas decorations down from the attic at last, last up, first down mine are.
Grateful little g.son will be here all weekend.
Grateful my little Lulu cat is in for the night and is warm and cosy.
Grateful for a comfy bed to sleep in.
Grateful for all of you here. xx
Old 12-13-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Grateful sonny boy had an after school play date with one of his oldest friends. They don’t hang out much anymore and have grown apart. So it was nice to see his friend ask him to come over for a while
Astro and least, thank you for those comments. I know daisy also had a similar experience with her father. I’m glad I am not alone. Grateful that I’m talking to my Dad every day, talking to his caregivers and doing what I can to sort things out while balancing my work and family life here
Grateful to be excited about the black belt test tomorrow
Grateful to be mostly back to focused on my exercise routine, meditation, and healthy eating.
Grateful for each of you
Old 12-13-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thank you, Daisy.
Got it about young Sheldon. That is a cute story about your other g.son discovering violin. They both seem so sweet and smart