Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 85

Old 01-11-2020, 03:08 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Grateful to be feeling mucho better physically, but kind of down mentally. I had a friend act like a real jerk about something that hurt my feelings a lot. I'm just taking some space deciding whether it's even worth it anymore. Sometimes you just have to pull away and see how you feel later.
Grateful to be watching the SF 49ers play so well. I really want to watch KC tomorrow, they are so good this year.
Grateful to be reminded of how important kindness is.
Grateful it's been a good 5 or 6 years now since I quit smoking cigarettes.
Grateful for all of you and grateful we can all check in with each other here and be a grat packer as well.
Peace, love and prayers esp to the homeless sleeping in the streets on this winter evening. xxxooo
Old 01-11-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Grateful to remember and to send a prayer to Kathy tonight. You are really missed.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to be inside on this chilly wet night.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
(((Aly))) my daughter had to pull away from her job with me after last night, she was treated rudely by guests and I feel like I failed her in not being there to defend her. I don't like hurt feelings in others, I'm so sorry you were treated poorly.

I'm grateful that after this morning's work I have the rest of the day off to mostly relax, I've earned it this weekend.
Old 01-12-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Thank you, Astro. I guess it's just a part of life and learning. I'm sorry your daughter had to go through that. I would bet that you are there for her more times than not and that is huge. You are such a good person, really.
And, Fearless, Charlie is precious. Grateful you figured out how to post pics! I used to know and somewhere along the line, I forgot. Now you'll have to show us a pic of Daisy, the other Cog.
Grateful for the friendship, grace, and kindness here, with our gratitude.
Grateful I decided I'm giving my friend the boot. Who needs that. Life is too short for inconsiderate, cowardly people to be allowed into my life. I'm really letting go over the past many years. I'm letting go of people, material things, a lot of dead weight. I'm not wasting the rest of my life dealing with someone else's pathology, esp when I have my own pathology to deal with! Lol.
Grateful that I don't know where I'm going, but I'll end up somewhere!
Grateful ARF raised $100K for Tony La Russa's autograph day. There were tons of hunky athletes there, even Buster Posey and Bruce Bochy, Mark McGuire, Puljols, a bunch. They need a roof. It's leaking.
I've been a bit down. This too shall pass. Life can teach us some hard lessons sometimes, but lessons I need, I guess. Plus, being sick, even if you're feeling better, can be somewhat depressing.
Grateful you are all here! All my love and peace to all of you!
Old 01-12-2020, 04:48 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with Billie's devotion.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Fearless is that your cat? It's gorgeous.

R.I.P Neil Peart.

Aly, I'm so sorry your feelings were hurt, I know that feeling well and it isn't nice. Big gentle hugs to you.

I'm really sorry about your daughter Astro, big hugs to her.

Grateful for a sober Sunday night.
Grateful to help my step granddaughter by having baby Ralphie, we still have him as she isn't able to look after him right now. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow. My house looks like a bomb's hit it and I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Happy days.
Grateful I'm a bit organised and have g.son's uniform ready and packed lunch made.
Grateful for time to post quickly.
Grateful to be going to bed now, I'm soooo tired, but it's a good tired.
Grateful for each of you, you're all special to me in your own unique way.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:00 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Good for you for letting go, Aly. I do hope you you feel better mentally soon. I go through those down in the dumps phases too
Daisy, yes, that is Charlie. I promise to post a pic of Daisy soon. She is half Charlie’s size
Grateful Mr F hung up the guitar hangers in the wall. It was a Christmas present for Mr F and sonny boy and the guitars look great on the wall. Both decorative and functional
Grateful sonny boy is learning a little bit about business selling things on eBay
Grateful our Iranian friends now stuck in Iran are safe and have plans for their return flights in a couple weeks
Grateful to get ready for another episode of !ost In Space. What will I do when it’s over!?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fearless, when LIS is over you can watch Messiah, it's very good! Oooh guitar hangers. I'm slowly getting my effects pedals and meant to build the board for them over the weekend but I was just too dang sore & exhausted!

Grateful this weekend of all work has passed, but it was sure fun to see Styx two nights in a row!
Old 01-13-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

I love Charlie Fearless and look forward to seeing Daisy.

Grateful to be sober again tonight.
Grateful to be very tired but in a good way.
Grateful for a good cup of tea.
Grateful to see snowdrops peeping through in the garden today, a good sign that spring really is on it's way, though it's been so cold today you wouldn't think it.
Grateful for warm clothes and a warm house.
Grateful for enough food in my cupboards and hot and cold running water.
Grateful Fearless mentioned guitar hangers, I like the sound of them.
Grateful Aly is getting rid of a friend who isn't a friend, you have good boundaries Aly.
Grateful to have time to post tonight.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 01-13-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Fearless, I will get back to you soon. Thank you. xo Hope things with Dad are stable.
Daisy, I hope you're getting enough sleep with all you have going on. You do so much for your family. I hope Ralphie's mom is doing better. Prayers continue. xo
Astro, I so admire how important your children and your wife are for you. You sound like you are such a decent man. xo
Grateful for my health insurance. I hope it doesn't get too expensive with potential changes possibly yet to come. For now, I'm grateful.
Grateful that after I did mountains of laundry this morning, I fell asleep and woke up with a headache. The weather is changing and that gives me headaches most of the time. Rain is supposed to come soon. Grateful I got the laundry done, not for the headache. Just saying...lol
Grateful for each one of you that makes it here with all you all have going on. Prayers, love, and peace for anyone struggling or suffering tonight and esp for my SR friends who may need something extra. You have my love.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with Billie. I treasure each day with her because I don't know how many days we'll have together.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Aly, I hope those headaches have gone away, thank you for your kind words to all of us here.

Grateful I have some extra work this evening, seems like I've been going non-stop but the income is sure a relief after the holidays. Grateful for some solid rest last night.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:00 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

And least, thank you for your steadfastness and you total love of animals and for what a wonderful and kind lady and friend you are. ♥ All my love.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:08 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Grateful for ending another sober day sober.
Grateful to take my car in for a service this morning, well I'm not grateful to have to take it, I don't like doing car stuff, but I'm grateful it's been done.
Grateful to browse round my favourite shop 'Hobbycraft' whilst waiting for my car service. So many different craft supplies, lovely. I bought some greatly reduced Christmas things for next Christmas ( I'm such a saddo), including a paper mache snowman that I can paint.
Grateful to meet my oldest friend for lunch, old as in we've known each other for 50 years.
Grateful to be able to give my mum a lift to her choir practise.
Grateful live in g.son went to sleep quickly.
Grateful for Aly's caring, compassionate nature. Thank you Aly, I had an unbroken sleep last night, I was so tired I felt disorientated but I'm feeling much better now. Ralphie's mummy has a lot of issues and needs all the prayers we can send her. I'm sorry you've been suffering with headaches and hope you're feeling better now. I'll message you as soon as I have a spare minute, so much going on right now. xx
Grateful Least and Billie have each other.
Grateful Astro had a good rest last night.
Grateful my little cat is in for the night.
Grateful to each and every one of you. xx
Old 01-14-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Time For A New Thread.

Continues Here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7358857 (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 86)