grateful for being here and having you all here x
Old 07-15-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Grateful for a hangover and guilt free Monday morning.
Grateful to deposit the g.kids safely at school.
Grateful the sun is shining.
Grateful I no longer avoid answering the phone in case the person at the other end notices I'm slurring my words.
Grateful I no longer avoid opening the door to people in case they can see that I've been drinking.
Grateful I got my courtesey car yesterday and grateful the g.kiddo's figured out how to open the boot, because I couldn't.
Grateful to get my washing pegged out to dry in the sunshine.
Grateful my NFH ( neighbours from hell) have cut their bamboo trees back.
Grateful for the Grat Pack.
Grateful Erratic has posted.
Grateful to be here with you all.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I am grateful to this site for helping me find sober legs back in 2014.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

excellent signs hev

grateful for still another new week of sober adventures
Old 07-15-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Grateful for extra sack time.
Grateful for a hilarious game with my daughter last night where she was our waitress for dinner and had so many brothers and sisters she couldn’t remember who they all were. Of course, after years of watching me be a busy career woman, in her pretend family, the girls all shopped a lot and baked cookies for the boys, who were lawyers and played football. Sigh. But then later it did seem the girls had some agency in their lives and designed curtains (??). Of course, on the other hand a while back when we were planning a girls day she said she wanted it to involve active stuff like canoeing because that is girl’s stuff. Always interesting how kids see the world.
Grateful that the bike ride experience this weekend also brought to light that I have not always been that friendly to others and could even be a bit judge-y. So part of what I noticed was surely a reflection of my own mind.
Grateful for so many opportunities to keep growing.
Grateful I got so much work done yesterday I keep thinking it’s Tuesday.
Grateful the boss is out of town.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I haven’t thought about that in a long time, Daisy - avoiding answering the phone or door because people might know I was drinking. I was always worried about my breath too. I carried mints and gum all the time. Sometimes even a spare toothbrush. Those were really crazy days and I’m grateful it’s behind me!
Grateful the funk mood I woke up in quickly passed. I think it all had to do with the end of vacation mixed with the end of ST 3 and maybe left over feelings from Sat night GNO (good and bad), who knows what else. There was the dream I had last night, also. I was trapped in some virtual universe I can’t even explain. I bet the combination of too many Black Mirror episodes, ST, and the Simpson ride at Universal was at the root of this dream.
Grateful the first emails I received after vacation at the start of my work day were very positive, one in particular uplifted me
Grateful to see all my favorite peeps with the Grat Pack
Grateful for the reminder that I am often my own worst critic
Grateful to be back into morning routine - coffee, meditation, SR, workout, work not in any particular order
Grateful sonny boy is starting an enrichment camp today and will be in only specialty enrichment type camps the rest of summer. Grateful that my husband and I can provide this type of stimulation for him
Grateful to update my work and personal things to do lists. Trying to keep it to top 3 from Rose’s idea
Grateful my boss is always out of town
Grateful for each of you
Old 07-15-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Grateful for no hangover this morning.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Grateful for a full weekend seeing lots of friends.

Grateful Henry got lots of time at the lake, and is now snoring on the couch.

Grateful not to have a hangover and to start the (quick and busy!) work week feeling only a little sore from being active, rather than very sore from being actively alcoholic.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - Mints, eyedrops, perfume...always taken to work. Surely no one would notice my condition (I failed to realize it was my behavior that gave me away).
Daisy - What started out as an escape from being worried & anxious ended up making me so much worse. (The door, the phone.) I'm very thankful we're free.
Grateful to be surrounded by beauty.
Grateful to know I'm in control of myself.
Grateful to think twice before blurting out a judgmental comment.
Grateful for tolerance & acceptance (takes practice).
Love to all.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:42 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Daisy, so sorry you have the neighbors from hell. I've have those too and life is too short. I always try to act like they are invisible. Right now, we have pretty good ones, but we'll be getting new ones on one side. I hope they're nice.
Grateful to be up early doing laundry. It is going to be a hot one. It isn't even cooling off much at night, which is one thing we can usu count on in CA. I think that's why we all feel like we're dragging.
Grateful to read all these wonderful posts and I'm so grateful for all of you. ♥♥♥
Peace and love to everyone and have a wonderful Monday! xxxooo
Old 07-15-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for friends.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:47 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Magsie

Rose, those empty wine bottles where a nightmare! How to get rid without looking like I was an alcoholic. I then found boxed wine and the cardboard was much less conspicuous to get rid of! I shake my head on my past behaviour, and am ....

So grateful I don’t drink now and all the madness and insanity that goes with it.
Grateful for everyone here in the Grat Pack.
Grateful for no drama in my life nowadays.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning x
grateful to be awake and hangover free/sober
grateful i have another day off today
grateful for this fine cup of tea this morn
grateful that my dog is doing better and just laying here waiting to get out
grateful that your all here and ofcause seeing you here daisy x

hope you have a good day everyone xx
Old 07-16-2019, 01:03 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Daisy - my biggest phone dread was of my son calling, especially if there was any kind of emergency that might mean he'd ask me to drive somewhere. They live quite near but haven't got a car. And of course the whole business of remembering what, if anything, I'd agreed to do the following day, usually involving childcare. Shudder. So glad that reality is beund me.

Numblady - that story about your daughter's game was very funny. It is really interesting how children see their world. Look forward to hearing about her success as a curtain designer in the years to come!

Grateful to have had a slightly better night's sleep. I know you can't have I everything at once but the one thing I'd like, post drinking, is a good night's sleep not involving one or more a.m. wakeful attacks. But I can wait on that.
Grateful to be systematically working through my to do list on a '3 priorities at a time' basis. Unfortunately, I'm now getting to some of the really boring life admin stuff!
Grateful to be meeting a friend for coffee this morning whom I haven't seen for a long time
Grateful my spreadsheet is showing everything going down (blood pressure, heart rate etc) since I stopped with the wine, with only the 'money I spent on wine' column going up. Bit shocking how much alcohol cost me financially as well as emotionally. Obviously I knew I was spending but seeing it as a row I'd fIgures and as a bottle graph is still a revelation.
Grateful to be sober and very grateful to all of you.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what made me think about that yesterday Fearless, I had been reading a new members post about isolating himself, so I'm guessing that brought the bad memories back. It's like looking back on a different person.

I'm so thankful we're free too Hevyn, we're the lucky ones. I remember biting into orange peel to mask the smell and also putting a teaspoon of instant coffee granules in my mouth. That's how bad it was. So,so, so very grateful those days are gone.

Aly, I treat my NF.H as though they are invisible too. It's the only way. They used to be my no. 2 big trigger, but no more.

I did that too Mags, I used to panic about remembering where I'd hidden my empty bottles, then I too found the joys of cardboard cartons. I even used to cut them open when they were finished and take the foil container out, cut a corner off and drain the remaining dregs of wine out!! I was a total disgrace. I will never go back to that now I've found sobriety.

Oh gosh Rose yes, I remember one of my neighbours once asking me if I could move my car as they were expecting a big delivery. I had to give him the car key and ask him could he move it for me as I was unwell.!!

Grateful to be sober, hangover and guilt free this morning.
Grateful to be honest with myself as well as with others.
Grateful to do my Nan's taxi job safely.
Grateful for a sit down with a cup of coffee.
Grateful to be free from the shackles of alcohol.
Grateful to have found the Grat Pack.
Grateful to be meeting a lovely friend for coffee later.
Grateful to see Carpathia here, please stay.
Grateful to read about Numblady's fun game with her daughter.
Grateful to see Erratic posting again and grateful her little dog seems to be on the mend.
Grateful to you all for being part of my journey.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I too was so grateful reading about the not having to worry about whether anyone would call and notice I was slurring my words. I still sometimes think about whether people I’m emailing or talking to at night THINK i could be drinking., i guess just because for so long I assumed everyone else was pounding wine every night too.
And speaking of pounding wine, the box, oh the box. Between the isolation of parenting and not being able to see how much I was drinking I really sunk deeper. I started just going by the weight of the box, and it was frightening how quickly a 4 bottle box would be more than halfway gone. Glad that’s over with.

Grateful for the tools of recovery. After the sweet moment with my son about him missing me, we struggled to get along the better part of the weekend. Am thinking many of you can appreciate that after he told me i was not a good parent because good parents don’t give up (I do regularly say I’m tired and I give up for now) I told him that sometimes it doesn’t really do any good to keep talking and you just have to wait until the feelings dissipate. There are times that you just go in circles and you just have to feel your feelings and get through it until you feel better—to which he basically curled up in the fetal position and exclaimed, “I DON’T WANT TO FEEL MY FEELINGS!” Ha, think a lot of us can so relate.
Grateful to Fearless’ recommendation of Barbar Kingsolver. Hoping because it’s been around a while I can check out the e-book from the library for free. We will see!
Grateful to learn I make less (and in some cases substantially less) than my peers, many of whom aren’t expected to fill nearly as big a role or work as hard or be in all the controversial issues. It really helps illuminate my path and solidify my decision to make a transition in the coming months.
Grateful to be able to come here this very early morning ... thanks to my stupid cat I have been awake since 2 a.m. grrr
Grateful for all of you and your thoughtful posts.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that I no longer have anything to hide.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sense of calm; learning to become mindful does make a difference for me.
Grateful for a busy day ahead.
Grateful to be employed and able and capable to carry on each day.
Grateful to those with whom I come in contact, who are honest, sincere and decent.