Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 83

Old 07-05-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to be sober. Grateful for all my friends here.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Grateful I just got home after my first volunteer day at ARF. Oh my gosh, doing all that laundry, folding and then I had to wash and disinfect with the Hobart machine a million dog and cat bowls. Grateful to feel physically tired and I actually really liked it. There is always something that needs to be done.
Grateful Daisy's family was not hurt this morning, Thank God. I hope that car repairs won't be too awful! ♥
Grateful for all of you here. It is so nice to know there are wonderful people here who get it. ♥♥♥
Old 07-05-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I am so glad you and your family are ok, Daisy. That must have been scary!
Aly, that is so great you are enjoying your volunteer time. It is awesome you are doing this!
Grateful that the way I ate today is not the way I eat everyday
Grateful for a quiet day
Grateful to remember my sober tools. Grateful to do some rereading on twelve steps
Grateful husband backs me up when sonny boy is acting out
Grateful for my loving cats
Grateful to be on vacation for a week. Grateful to have a good work team and for back up
Old 07-06-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful that I wrapped up a furniture assembly job in one evening so I don't have to make a second trip. Grateful to being doing work for friends and my stepdaughter today.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:42 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Grateful to finally be feeling so much better mentally. You know when the world just seems so much brighter.
Grateful I upped my meds and didn't just carry on suffering
Grateful to have started painting the yard today
Grateful to have had a good afternoon with Mr RAL
Just so grateful to be feeling better
Old 07-06-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Still thinking of Daisy and hoping everyone is ok. ♥
Grateful that I really liked volunteering at ARF. My back is a bit sore today but I have a couple of days to rest it.
Grateful for a restful day.
Grateful for my walk with Luke. I took him early because he was bugging me, but I always say, ignore him at your own peril, lol, he certainly did need his walk.
Grateful for all of you, so much so. I'm so glad you all are here. ♥♥♥
Old 07-06-2019, 05:25 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Billie's good appetite. Grateful for a productive walk after she ate. Grateful for Aly volunteering for the critters.
Old 07-06-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Aly, I'm glad you enjoyed your volunteer work and there is nothing more satisfying than that kind of 'good hard work' tired. I'm pleased for you. Make sure you look after yourself though and rest when you need to.
Thank you for thinking about me and my family, we are all fine, none of us were hurt, just a bit shocked but we are good.

Thank you also Fearless, we are all okay, the car will be okay. I hope your lovely 'sonny boy' has settled down.

Grateful to be sober tonight because that means I'm going to bed on 15 months sober, yay!
Grateful for a drama free day, I needed it.
Grateful Mr D.B did the housework today.
Grateful for 2 phone calls from my daughter.
Grateful to post this evening, I was just too tired last night.
Grateful to be here with you all.
Grateful that we are on this journey together.

GRATITUDE
unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today,
and creates a vision for tomorrow.

Melodie Beattie
Old 07-06-2019, 10:27 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

That’s so good to hear, Daisy. And congrats on the milestone! Thank you for the wonderful thoughts on gratitude!
Grateful to be going to bed sober
Old 07-07-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on your 15 months Daisy, that's wonderful!

Grateful for our law enforcement officers, and I'm grateful to those who respect and support them.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:02 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the Gratitude words! I needed to hear it.
Huge congrats on your 15 months! Awesome!
Old 07-07-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Congrats Daisy

Grateful for a sunny hot day
Grateful to have finished painting
Grateful to have got gardening done
Grateful to feel positive
Grateful to be in bed in fresh linen
Old 07-07-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Huge Congrats Daisy!! On that and that you are all ok after the episode. Thank God.
Grateful for Daisy's sober time, Yay!! I sure know how beautiful it is because, at least to me racking up time went so slowly for me. Now that I have a little, I can't even remember my day most of the time. So, so Happy for my good and dear friend'!
Grateful to have learned a lesson. Making an impression on my overseers or whatever they're called is not worth messing my back up. It's pretty sore today. I'm going to try to take it easy this week. I have to say Daisy told me to watch my back and i was feeling great with my epidural, but today I'm hurting a bit. I'm still going to volunteer, even if I have some pain, I'll try to be smart and manage it better. I'm going to go to physical therapy so I'll ask about that.
Grateful for you all so much. Have a lovely, peaceful evening all!
Old 07-07-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Aly, I can see how that could happen with an epidural because you think you can do it all since you don’t feel pain. But that’s just the medication working. Please be careful
Grateful for my early long run and for the guy who drove by and shouted out the window “yeah baby!” Turned out to be my friends 80 year old dad whose wife was also In the car. They are such jokesters. Lol
Grateful to get packing and everything done on my list as we are leaving early in the morning to catch a flight. Heading to universal studios. I’ll say hi to the Kardashian’s!
Grateful sonny boy helped make the house/cat sitting checklist, and made sure I included a bullit point “give them lots of love and affection”. He also included descriptions of which toys were each cat’s favorite
Grateful for all of you! I probably won’t get a chance to post in the morning but definitely plan to tomorrow night. Xo
Old 07-07-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Daisy's milestone!

Grateful to have spent another day with Billie's love. I have a paperweight that says: My goal in life is to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by least View Post
I have a paperweight that says: My goal in life is to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am.
I have no doubt that you fulfill that every day

Grateful that the laundry room and linen cabinet renovations are complete, and that I had some time to tidy up the yard and tune up the irrigation system.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:02 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Grateful to have gotten some chores done despite my back pain. I really must have overdone it and it's really, really hurting today. I wish the doctors weren't such a pain in the tail about giving you a small amount of pain medicine when you really need it. Ouch!!!
Grateful to have had a nice walk with Luke. He loves the mail man and the workers who come around. Go figure. At least he's not trying to eat the mail man!
Grateful for my CBT class tomorrow. I had to cancel my debit card and I'm waiting for my new one. Grateful it is so easy to cancel them and get a new one if something nefarious is going on!
Grateful for all of you who come here at night. Gratitude is my number one tool in sobriety. Love to you all! ♥
Love and peace to anyone suffering or struggling tonight. ♥♥♥
Old 07-08-2019, 04:56 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Aly, I’.m sorry about your back pain. I would say gratitude and SR are my number one tools too.
Grateful to have made the flight. Husband was late getting ready, then missed the exit to the airport in traffic. We made it though. Grateful husband and I made up and got over an argument over the morning stress
Grateful for Billa bong and sunglasses shops since husband forgot to bring shorts and sunglasses (to soca. Lol)
Grateful to find a gluten free and dairy free brownie for son. It’s hard traveling with food allergies
Grateful to be enjoying healthy food while traveling. Had a yummy three Caesar salad with Brussels sprouts and kale and side of sweet potato fries for lunch
Grateful when I ordered a Diet Coke at the pool and the guy asked if I wanted rum with it, I said no without a second thought. Grateful I no longer miss alcohol on vacations.
Grateful for new Harry Potter and stranger things T-shirt’s and hats for the whole family.
Grateful for an awesome view from hotel room
Grateful to be going to do the universal city walk tonight
Grateful to have time to check in and see you all
Old 07-08-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

I miss Daisy. She may have a lot going on trying to get her car fixed, etc.
Daisy, just so you know, you are missed and hoping things are going well. ♥♥♥
Old 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Fearless made her flight. I hate being late to things. I am compulsively punctual. If I'm not 15 minutes early, I consider myself late.

Today I am grateful for several walks with Billie. It does me so much good to enjoy watching her just being a dog. She sniffs with such purpose. I'd love to see her brain working when she's sniffing. Nature is amazing!

Thank you Astro! I certainly try. Even if I'm only half the person she thinks I am, that will be good enough.