Grat Pack's 10 nightly gratitude items and more- pt 5

Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

1. Grateful that today was an amazing day like 65 degrees and sunny
2. Glad I got up and worked out this morning for the first time in ages
3. Glad I got a run in as well lol
4. Glad I am sober because i'm noticaeably better at work and it is paying off
5. Glad I have the peace of mind to help a friend when they need it
6. Glad that I can consider a pet and not have to worry about being to drunk to take care of it :/
7. Glad I may one day, not yet, be able to have a normal relationship with the opposite sex
8. No chaos today
9. Good Night's sleep
10. NO BLACKOUTS
Old 01-18-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

grateful i will get out of work before 6PM

back later...
Old 01-18-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hey welcome UofI2008!! Grateful you have joined the pack!!

Grateful today for -

1. Finally getting son enrolled in school and his first day of school will be tomorrow!! He's not nearly as grateful as I am.

2. For getting some pictures hung. For being able to take them down and put them up and take them down and . . . Indecisive is the word of the day.

3. For oil to heat our house.

4. For a nice walk in the woods with my son and 2 dogs.

5. For the internet that is working wonderfully out here in the boonies.

6. For being able to grocery shop tomorrow.

7. For a wonderful mother in law that has already sewn some curtains for son's room.

8. For an awesome husband that is taking time off of work to take son into school because he hasn't seen the school yet. I get the day off. There might have been tears.

9. For being able to hopefully score a library card tomorrow.

10. Sobriety, God's love, family and friends!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

sorry, i lied, i never got out of work until after 7PM...oh well, there are worse things

grateful for good conversation and feeling positive (Sneeze, see whiners)
grateful to hear positive relocation news from HL!! and son...school will be good for him...push his little buttisimo out the door.
grateful tomorrow is the end of the week at work for me...
grateful for 11 weeks vacation this year!!! yep, 11 weeks...i can conquer the world in 11 weeks!!!
grateful for time to explore new things...now a little extra cash would be good!
grateful to smile and laugh...i never thought that would happen again except for sarcasm. this is different.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
sorry, i lied, i never got out of work until after 7PM...oh well, there are worse things
grateful for good conversation and feeling positive (Sneeze, see whiners)
Sorry you had to be at work so late, Fands, and can't wait to hear about Saturday (Remember, you only have to carry one half of the conversation!)

Hiya UofI, HL, RZ, and newby
Old 01-19-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

i'm worried for Newby...there is big snow out by her and we haven't heard from her?

thanks Sneeze, i'll remember that as i gulp my club soda.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

****{newb}}}
Old 01-19-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

where's Sneezy???? HL, you need to start taking attendance like i do for my student lectures.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Ha! Grateful to have finally made it to Walmart today. I got lost going there and coming home. Thankfully husband was able to be my onstar and lead me home. I figured out how to get there. Can't believe I actually grew up here and can't remember things. Sad!

Grateful for son having started school today. Can't wait for him to come home and tell me all about it. Hopefully there will be no clamming up on his part.

Grateful to have gotten our PO Box set up. We will now have that until mailbox can be put up again. Previous owners took it out and ground is frozen solid.

Grateful for ibuprofin. Bad cramping today. You asked! Well maybe you didn't, but I felt the need to share and so there you have it.

Grateful for all the people on SR that put up with my silly self.

Grateful for dishwashers and laundry machines. Life is so much easier because of them.

Grateful for my afternoon cup of coffee. I needed it today.

Grateful for my fun loving dogs that like to wrestle each other while I'm trying to get them to do their business so I can go inside and warm up.

Grateful that the 2 cats, even though they dislike each other, tolerate each other for the most part.

Grateful for the telephone so I can call my Mom each day.

Grateful for the internet so I can connect with the people here each day.

Grateful for prayers so I can connect with God every day.

Love you all!!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I'm here and thanks for looking out for me Fands!
I had to be at work at UGH 7:00 this morning (though didn't make it that early) so couldn't do my usual gratting.
HL, sounds like you are really getting settled in, and getting used to snow again too!
Yep, I hope newby is okay too - has anybody seen her elsewhere?

Grateful tonight for:

1. My colleague in the office next door who is one of kindest, most thoughtful people I've ever met. Always makes me feel better to stop in and see him on a day when I am feeling crabby
2. Being able to stand up for myself today when someone was discounting what I was saying. They stopped it after that
3. Being able to run home in the middle of the day to let the dog out. She was lying on the sofa watching the Oprah channel !!!
4. Homemade dog biscuits. I didn't make them - there's a bakery in town. They smell good enough for people to eat and all different flavors.
5. Having a sister. Actually, having a biological sister and a number of chosen sisters too.
6. That being sober now feels more normal than drinking myself into oblivion. I had forgotten what normal felt like. It is such a gift not to wake up sick and worried.
7. Looking forward to spring! Don't want to wish today away but ... I do love spring.
8. My new favorite tea: Moonlight and Roses. Made with rose petals. It tastes like a spring night.
9. Finding a parking space on the ground floor of the parking deck in the middle of the day. That never happens.
10. The GP - great, funny, smart, compassionate, loving people, all of you!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

friday night grats....covering the day and evening

no major melt-downs, no drama, no annoying emails, no problems, everyone peed where they should, the cats ate their own food, the dog did not chase the backyard deer.

still no snow, Ozzy is licking the couch.

nothing is a big deal or a deal-breaker right now...and that is fine.

fresh grats in the AM with coffee
Old 01-21-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Think about you guys everyday and send good vibes your way .

Cool that you are moved HL... I hope you really like your new digs once you get settled. I bought Angel's Eyes for my new dog (she is so cute) and have noticed a considerable difference after a month of use. Thanks for the tip, Fands . Hugs to you, Sneeze, Rusty and Newbs (and anyone else reading that could use a hug).

Family stuff has escalated here due to my aunt's death (and lack of an updated will, yikes). Good new is.... I AM STAYING OUT OF IT . My dad can act like a horse's ass all he wants and I am not getting sucked in. Yay... thank god for baby steps, right Sneeze? My sister is dealing with it this time (she doesn't know she's a codependent yet, maybe she will after all of this?). My poor Mom just got out of the hospital yesterday. She was in there 4 days for C. diff infection (yikes!). She is on some good antibiotics and seems to be getting stronger. Yay!

I'm still dealing with my crazy codie self but at least it is nice to be able to recognize my codie-ness. I can't believe how less anxious I am since I've become sober, what a perk. Boys are doing well and keeping me on my toes. My husband has a new job responsibility and will be travelling to California and Japan a lot more the next few years. Oh well . Life with three crazy boys and 3 crazy dogs is... well, crazy!

Good to read your updates and sending happy thoughts your way. Love to you all.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

ut-oh Rueb....C-diff? how did that happen? i've had that and it can wipe you out....i came home one time from either Jamaica or Mexico, remember overtipping the driver cos he carried my bags into the living room (where they sat for 5 days while i was in the bathroom for the same time).

hope mama is better soon. good thing it's not MRSA.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

hiya Reub!

Good to see ya and yep, baby steps, that's the ticket

Happy to hear your mom is doing better. Hang in there with the codie stuff.

Glad to hear you and the boys and husband and dogs are good!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

if you talk to your mama's doctor...he may recommend LACTO-BACYLLIS (i probly misspelled). it's a refrig. probiotic available at most GNCs...about $20.00 a bottle of capsules....helps to rebuild the good bacteria that is destroyed.

my mother had 3-4 rounds of c.diff, it can be dangerous for the elderly especially because they get dehydrated quickly.

Sneeze, you changed up fat-cool cat for thinner model!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:01 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Sneeze, you changed up fat-cool cat for thinner model!
Yes, hoping it will rub off on me

You are my role model for weight loss Fands,

hoping I can get back on track and stop hitting the peanut M&Ms
Old 01-21-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Newwwww - bbbbiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee!

Oh newwwwbbbbiiiiii, where are ya girl?

Miss you - did the snowstorm knock out your electricity? Hope not
Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Newby is safe and powered up, i'll let her tell you all what happened, it might be one of those grat-whines.

I have one of those myself.....i went out last night and while i'm grateful that i'm out amonst the living/dating, the jury is still out. i'm grateful for his honesty, i'm grateful that he thinks i'm attractive, but something is making me uncomfortable...i just don't know what it is.

i'm grateful that i don't have to worry about it right now.
i'm grateful that it is Sunday and i can take it easy, i don't feel well today. it's more than coughing, i have a raging headache and no appetite. i woke up at 3AM, that's a sure sign i'm sick.
i'm grateful the days of constant struggling with health and sleep are no longer an everyday occurance, now its a sign of just being sick...(i need to wash my hands more,LOL)
grateful to cut myself a break today....if i need to rest, it's not the end of the world.

back later.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon, Fands - stay home tomorrow if you don't!

I've learned that intuition is a powerful teacher. Sometimes mine is wrong, but mostly not. Hopefully you can figure it out soon.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

the old "more will be revealed" Sneeze.

grateful to feel better and get my buttisimo to work today...and my new mantra is out the door at 5PM... if it kills me.